PDA

View Full Version : Filming for Soarin' Over California update early March 12; DCA early entry cancelled

AVP
03-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Disney has notified cast members that Walt Disney Imagineering will conduct filming over Disneyland and Disney California Adventure tomorrow morning between 2am and 7am. No specific reason was given for this helicopter flyover, but it's an open secret that this is for the eventual update of the Soarin' Over California attraction.

Cast members are warned to avoid certain restricted areas, and a flight path was given out. DisneyGeekery.com posted a small photo of it (http://www.disneygeekery.com/2014/03/11/disney-film-new-ending-soarin-california-march-12/).

Due to the filming, the scheduled Extra Magic Hour at Disney California Adventure was cancelled, and both Disneyland and DCA will open at 9am.

Note: the Disneyland Resort already operates with a Temporary Flight Restriction that bans most flights over the Resort, so another TFR was not required for this filming.

Jawknee
03-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Do you mean 2am - 7am?

AVP
03-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Do you mean 2am - 7am?Yep!

Jawknee
03-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Yep!
thank you!

Pilot Mickey
03-11-2014, 01:27 PM
You mean, it's not going to be perpetually Christmas in Disneyland 2000 anymore?!?! :o

oregontraveler
03-11-2014, 03:18 PM
it looks that way.

disneyland addict13
03-11-2014, 10:20 PM
I'm staying at the Grand Californian right now and we got a letter with turn-down service that says:

"Dear Guest: As part of our continuous efforts to improve the Disneyland Resort, please be advised that operational work involving helicopter flyovers will occur during the early morning hours of Wednesday, March 12th. The flight pattern for these flyovers is above Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park only. No flights will occur over The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort.

Due to this work, both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park will open to all Guests at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 12th. Extra Magic Hour will not be available on this day.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding as we work to improve the Disneyland Resort."

AnotherJenny
03-12-2014, 09:28 AM
I know someone who swears he's visible in the current flyover scene. He's probably pretty disappointed right now. Maybe he'll be the CM crouching behind a trash can, ready to spring forth.

cookie7762
03-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Thate explains it! We got up nice and early for our early entry, only to discover there was no early entry that morning. I swore up and down to my family that in the previous week it was listed as a Magical Morning on the website. I'm glad I'm not losing my mind!

We were reallty disappointed though, as that was our only EE for DCA during our trip and it kind of spoiled our ride plans.