PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort summer refurbishment list - March 10 update

AVP
03-10-2014, 01:13 PM
With the opening of Big Thunder Mountain confirmed, Disney has updated the summer refurbishment schedule. Here's what is currently on the calendar. Remember, refurbishment dates change ALL THE TIME, so this shouldn't be considered final, but it has been verified with sources inside Disney.
Disneyland

Disneyland Railroad – refurbishment extended through March 15.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – closed until March 17 for a major refurbishment. Cast member previews now through March 11; Annual Passholder previews (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/big-thunder-mountain-railroad-to-reopen-march-17-at-disneyland-park/?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY12Q2FBDM0980) March 13-16. The ride was to have reopened October 30, 2013.
"it's a small world" – closed through April 9 for refurbishment and fall protection upgrade. The ride was to have opened February 12.
Alice in Wonderland – March 10 – July 3 for refurbishment.
Indiana Jones Adventure – closed March 17 through May 8 for refurbishment.
Cafe Orleans – closed March 17-23 for refurbishment.
Plaza Inn – closed April 20 through May 15 for refurbishment.
"it's a small world" – closed April 20 through May 29 for refurbishment.
King Arthur Carrousel – closed April 28 through May 8 for refurbishment.
Pirates of the Caribbean – closed April 28 through May 22 for refurbishment.
Westward Ho – closed April 28 through May 15 for refurbishment.
Space Mountain – closed May 12 through June 26 for refurbishment.
Matterhorn Bobsleds – closed May 27 through August 14 for refurbishment.
Club 33 – closed until June 30 for refurbishment and expansion.
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage – closed for refurbishment. A reopening date of September 26 is listed on a cast member document, but this date is likely just a placeholder.

Disney California Adventure

Blue Sky Cellar – closed indefinitely.
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – refurbishment extended through March 18.
Wilderness Explorers Ceremony – dark through March 18 due to Redwood Creek Challenge Trail refurbishment.
The Little Mermaid – closed March 20 through May 9 for refurbishment.
It's Tough to be a Bug – closed March 31 through April 18 for refurbishment.
Grizzly River Run – closed April 21 through June 19 for refurbishment.

TTFN92
03-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Seems like more rides than normal are being closed and refurbished for extended periods of time.

Mermaid
03-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Yikes- April and May are pretty rough!

corona
03-10-2014, 02:15 PM
On the map, the second part of the it's a small world refurb is scheduled for April 21 through May 29.

HeavenOnEarth
03-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Lame... :-(

bumblebeeonarose
03-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Matterhorn again! Seriously the last time we took my mom to Disneyland was the year it was closed for major refurb. Now it's down again. It seems like it's been closed more the last 3 years than it's been open! Anyone want to do the math?

candles71
03-10-2014, 03:42 PM
After the fall from Space Mountain's roof last year, I think the lawyers are cracking down, it seems a lot of them involve fall protection upgrades. (OSHA as well, perhaps?)

Scary Kitty
03-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Wow, both Plaza Inn and IASW go down for refurb on Easter Sunday? They're not even waiting until the holiday weekend is over? :eek:

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-12-2014, 01:01 PM
So iasw is only open 11 days and then back down again? BUMMER!

jkmarcoux
03-16-2014, 04:15 PM
Hi - can someone confirm that the Disneyland Railroad is now open? I know the refurb was extended through the 15th, but I want to make sure it wasn't (for whatever reason) extended again because it's the only ride my son wants to go on over and over again. We would like to go to Disneyland tomorrow or Wednesday and he'd be extremely dissapointed if it were closed. TIA!!

cstephens
03-16-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi - can someone confirm that the Disneyland Railroad is now open? I know the refurb was extended through the 15th, but I want to make sure it wasn't (for whatever reason) extended again because it's the only ride my son wants to go on over and over again. We would like to go to Disneyland tomorrow or Wednesday and he'd be extremely dissapointed if it were closed. TIA!!

Yep, it's up and running. We went on it yesterday (Saturday). Have fun!

sjhanksaz
04-18-2014, 02:01 PM
I wonder what kinds of things they will be addressing on matterhorn.

Perhaps the uncomfortable sleds?

corona
04-19-2014, 07:20 AM
The post is obviously old, so ...
2 points :
The Matterhorn refurbishment will not happen that soon - the unofficial start date is 8/25.
iasw is now scheduled to reopen 5/23

shna
04-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Redwood Creek was still closed when I visited DCA on April 14th.

AVP
04-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Redwood Creek was still closed when I visited DCA on April 14th.I don't update this thread - the most recent changes are in the weekly Disneyland Resort Update. We noted there that the RWCCT refurbishment had been extended.