PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Full video of the new Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland

AVP
03-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Filmed with permission during a media preview on March 7th.

58FTwnmtieQ

Update: the "explosive" finale effects were fully operational Saturday morning, so here's a clip just of that scene:

V560MYU7AJc

jmorgan
03-07-2014, 06:47 PM
I was hoping they were going to have a whole story line with the ride. The Disney site made reference to a haunted mine, so I thought they would theme the ride a bit more. The bats in the beginning seem cool and the end dynamite was semi impressive.

bumblebeeonarose
03-07-2014, 07:07 PM
I was hoping they were going to have a whole story line with the ride. The Disney site made reference to a haunted mine, so I thought they would theme the ride a bit more. The bats in the beginning seem cool and the end dynamite was semi impressive.

There were bats in the first cave before. The final lift looked much more impressive than the past. I almost wish I hadn't watched the video, but I'm sure it will be even better in person.

oregontraveler
03-07-2014, 07:49 PM
The video doesn't do the ride justice. But I kinda though the first show room with the bats and rainbow pools had more of an impact than the dynamite room.

olegc
03-07-2014, 10:54 PM
the rainbow pools (holdovers from Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland and Rainbow Caverns) definitely have had their colors plused. The audio effects are definitely better quality. Also - there seems to be more debris on the second lift to the left and did I see some lights in the first tunnel or was that an artifact from the camera. The in person experience will always be better than the video because our own field of view is much wider and better attuned to catch fast moving items than the camera. A GoPro camera would be a good test. Can't wait - its gonna be great (thanks MP for wetting our appetites with the video).

jmorgan
03-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Now that looks really cool with the explosive included.

cstephens
03-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Had a chance to ride tonight. Awesome, so glad the ride is back. The finale explosion effects were amazing at night, but it's a much better view from the back. For our first ride, we were in the second car so only saw the first explosion. When you're further back, you see the cumulative effects of the explosions, and bursting through the cloud is pretty cool, plus you actually get to see the little bit of fire at the end. It actually made me think of an e-cigarette because you see the cloud vapors but you get a tiny bit of water as well. On my last two rides of the night, the booms of the explosions worked, but the explosive effects themselves did not. Looking forward to riding in the daytime next weekend so I can get a better view of everything. It looks gorgeous in the dark. Did the stores in Rainbow Ridge always have that many things inside? In particular, the bar and the last store, did they have that many bottles and products stocked on the shelf?

HeavenOnEarth
03-10-2014, 08:27 AM
OMG!!! This looks so freakin amazing!! cant wait to ride it next weekend :-)
I wonder if there will ever be a day that all the E-Ticket rides at Disneyland will all be operating at the same time and not have to wait around for months on end for a "refurbishment"?

AVP
03-13-2014, 03:34 PM
A GoPro camera would be a good test.OK, then here you go. Unfortunately the final lift effects weren't working, but we'll try again another time.

CeiAcN52mvA

olegc
03-13-2014, 10:23 PM
OK, then here you go. Unfortunately the final lift effects weren't working, but we'll try again another time.

CeiAcN52mvA

cool -
it actually looks like the middle cavern effect worked behind the camera (after you passed the point). Maybe they were late. Thanks again.