PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passholder Previews of reopened Big Thunder Mountain March 13-16

Pages : [1] 2

stan4d_steph
03-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Hold on to your hats and glasses. Annual passholders have the opportunity for a sneak peek of the newly refurbished Big Thunder Mountain Railroad from March 13 through 16, just before the ride reopens on March 17.

To participate, you'll need to show your valid Annual Passport to either enter the standby line or access the attraction's kiosks to get a Disney Fastpass ticket. When you return to enter the Fastpass queue, you must present your Annual Passport and Fastpass ticket.
Only Guests ages 3 and older with valid Annual Passports may participate in this preview event. Children under age 3 may accompany an adult with an Annual Passport. All riders must be 40" (102 cm) or taller and meet the safety requirements for the attraction.

The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Annual Passholder preview occurs during regular Disneyland park hours for 4 days:

Thursday, March 13 – 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Friday, March 14 – 8:00 AM to 12:00 Midnight
Saturday, March 15 – 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Sunday, March 16 – 8:00 AM to 12:00 Midnight

Additional Information

A valid Annual Passport is required for theme park admission and attraction entry. Please check your Passport carefully as blockout dates apply and may affect your ability to be admitted into the Park.
Information and preview event details are subject to restrictions, change and cancelation without notice.
Disney FASTPASS ticket distribution is subject to availability; space is limited while ticket supplies last.
Disney FASTPASS and standby queues may involve long wait periods, and the attraction may experience temporary closures. Capacity restrictions apply.

POTCpurist
03-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Just saw this posted to Facebook earlier! YES! And my sis and I were planning on going on March 17 anyway...wahoooo!

Shortpix77
03-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Woo! I'll be there March 16 :-)

Leap for Joy
03-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Is it possible there won't be enough AP interest to completely fill 4 days? I'm hoping that regular ticket holders might get a chance on a day when there aren't many APs. :/

olegc
03-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Is it possible there won't be enough AP interest to completely fill 4 days? I'm hoping that regular ticket holders might get a chance on a day when there aren't many APs. :/

even though SoCal select are only valid thursday -i would think your only good chances would be thursday and friday during the day (since a majority of passholders would come evening of thursday and friday - and sunday). Sat who knows - and Sunday? forget about it. that will be PACKED.

of course - that's all a guess.

candles71
03-07-2014, 04:29 PM
We were in park when they were doing the AP previews for Star Tours and randomly they would let people in line (never when we happened past, but others we spoke to that week). Those were scheduled though, they had to signup ahead of time, this is a different set-up. Also, that was the trip we had only went into the park for a few hours Saturday morning, before heading home, and happened upon a soft opening, so you never know. They were setting up the ropes for the grand opening, that was a sight to behold, we were glad we were going to be gone by the time those ropes were actually filled in.

disneyland addict13
03-07-2014, 11:00 PM
We're scheduled to fly home on the night of the 12th. I can't believe I'm going to miss it by 12 hours.

atrder9901
03-09-2014, 01:05 PM
This may be a silly question because I feel as though I already know the answer, but I will ask anyway just in case I can be pleasantly surprised! :) Out of my family of 4, only one of us has an annual passport. Would every person within our party need a separate annual passport of their own in order to do the Big Thunder Preview?

Edited to add: We will be in the park the 13th-15th. We have been to Disney 3 times since Big Thunder went down, and my kids have been counting down to its reopening. I am so bummed that it opens to the general public just 2 days after we leave.

Malcon10t
03-09-2014, 02:44 PM
All who wish to ride will need an annual pass.

HeavenOnEarth
03-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Ohh...Im so there!!

atrder9901
03-10-2014, 10:49 AM
All who wish to ride will need an annual pass.

Thank you. I kinda figured as much. While I am bummed that it appears we are going to miss it by just a few days, I am excited for everyone else to get to experience it!!

HeavenOnEarth
03-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Has anyone rode BTMR yet? And if so...how long were the lines and were fastpasses gone early?

Thx

olegc
03-13-2014, 10:06 AM
i was next to ride this am at 940am. Full e-stop. ALl trains halted. they cleared the ride entirely and told everyone to come back in the afternoon. I could not stick around - there goes my preview chance... and now that everyone has been milling about (reported) the ride will be crushed with guests wanting to ride.

HeavenOnEarth
03-13-2014, 10:46 AM
i was next to ride this am at 940am. Full e-stop. ALl trains halted. they cleared the ride entirely and told everyone to come back in the afternoon. I could not stick around - there goes my preview chance... and now that everyone has been milling about (reported) the ride will be crushed with guests wanting to ride.

Geez what a bummer :-( So how long did you have to wait or what are usually the ballpark wait times for AP's? And was fastpass depleated early?

Thx and sorry you didnt get to ride it. I was thinking on going Sunday and try.

olegc
03-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Geez what a bummer :-( So how long did you have to wait or what are usually the ballpark wait times for AP's? And was fastpass depleated early?

Thx and sorry you didnt get to ride it. I was thinking on going Sunday and try.

they were not issuing any fastpass that early. the area was roped off - and they did not readily hand out any FP for us to come back to. I had to go to work so could not hang out for the day just to ride one ride.

Malcon10t
03-13-2014, 11:46 AM

Thx and sorry you didnt get to ride it. I was thinking on going Sunday and try.I think whatever line they saw on a Thurs morning would be completely different than what would be seen on Sunday, when most APs are unblocked and most people are off work. I will go out on a limb and say Sunday is going to be crazy crowded. Expect waits of 90 mins or more.

flippity21
03-13-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm headed there from work now. Will update in about an hour.

HeavenOnEarth
03-13-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm headed there from work now. Will update in about an hour.

Cool...Im so jealous that you can go there right after work. :-)

flippity21
03-13-2014, 12:41 PM
That's what half days are for! Lol actually i feel a little like I'm playing hookey.

flippity21
03-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Ok so ride is up and running. We got FP and jumped in standby as its about 40 mins to our FP time. Can't wait!

flippity21
03-13-2014, 01:28 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/14/urymepas.jpg

flippity21
03-13-2014, 02:56 PM
So went in it 3 times in about 50 mins. Standby was about as long as FP. That probably changes later in the day and on the weekend. We sat front, middle and back. Would recommend sitting as far back as you can.

All the new stuff is pretty neat. Ride is super smooth and quiet even. Have fun!

shna
03-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Are the ride vehicles the same as they were? Bench seats with one safety restraint for the whole row?

AVP
03-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Are the ride vehicles the same as they were? Bench seats with one safety restraint for the whole row?Yes.

Now, there is one interesting change to row 7. You can see in one of the photos I posted in this week's Update that this row has padded side bolsters, which help support people who have difficulty with upper body positioning. This is also a good row to request if you are riding with a small child, as it make the bench seat narrower, and there's less lateral motion possible.

AVP

shna
03-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Good to know -- thanks! My DD has grown a bit. so perhaps I won't be as nervous riding this with her (not that I'm terribly nervous -- just slightly uneasy). We love BTMRR, though - glad it will be back & running by the next time we visit the parks (i.e. MouseAdventure time).