PDA

View Full Version : A new photo update of the DLR from 9/20/03

Darkbeer
09-23-2003, 04:28 PM
Here we go....

Disneyland Resort Photo Update for September 20th (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4088391&a=30877111)

Plus a look at Tower of Terror...

ToT Photo Update from September 20th (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4088391&a=30878526&f=0)

Enjoy:fez:

RStar
09-23-2003, 04:33 PM
Great pic.s! Thanks for sharing!

Lost Boy
09-23-2003, 05:56 PM
Does anybody else get the strange feeling that the Tower portion just looks top heavy. I have never seen a building with this type of top that overhangs the floors below. I swear everytime I see I think it's just going to tip over some day. Just me maybe, and I love the look, it's just so different.

wendybeth
09-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the great pics! I'm thoroughly depressed at the state of the parks, but strangely amused at the same time...lol. That last pic said it all: "castmembers and employees..." . Pretty soon they'll drop the cm designation altogether. I'm very seriously reconsidering our spring trip to Disneyland; I've heard lots of horror stories lately, but your pics really drive it home. Ever consider sending them to the suits at Disney? (Not that they'd care....) Just last night I was trying to price a stay at the resort at the Disney site, and I was not able to get a quote past the end of the year online. I've always been able to in the past, so who knows? Maybe they're trying to tell us something...:geek:

MonorailMan
09-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the pics Darkbeer, I alwys look forward to your ToT updates. :) :D

mom_rules
09-24-2003, 09:12 AM
Hey Darkbeer-Can you list the attractions, stores and restaurants that are closed in your photos?

Polar33
09-24-2003, 12:20 PM
About the sign...since it looks to be from DTD, not all workers there are called CMs. I guess you could say that all CMs are employees, but not all employees are CMs.

wendybeth
09-24-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Polar33
About the sign...since it looks to be from DTD, not all workers there are called CMs. I guess you could say that all CMs are employees, but not all employees are CMs.

Well, that makes sense- I hadn't considered DTD. Even so, upon closer inspection it appears the sign needs a new paint job...lol.:cool:

LFuzzy
09-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Disney just can't get a break. So many complain about lack of maintanance. But when they put up scaffolds to do that maintanance, they get complaints about that too! (Do you expect tinker bell to sprinkle pixy dust on the park to make it all better? :rolleyes: ) Closed stores COULD be due to normal off season drops in attendance. Workers in the daytime COULD be due to safty concerns. Seems like they are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Perhaps Disney has been lax in the past, but I see a lot of projects going on backstage to improve the infrastructure, which should show up as a better on-stage show in the near future. :cool:
-LF

mrscoach
09-24-2003, 04:27 PM
It's so funny - I hae Travelocity's fare watcher set to tell me whenever a great deal comes along to fly into either LAX or SNA, and yesterday I found out that the last-minute deals right now are some of the best I've seen - like Eugene, OR to SNA for $164. Trust me, that's an awesome deal. But right now, there's really not much of anything open at Disneyland, if you look at the big picture.
So now we've booked a vacation for the whole family for Thanksgiving. And the wait is killing me - I'm just dying to go already! But the part that cracks me up is that I could go like, this weekend, and it would be really inexpensive. And probably uncrowded as well. But all my favorite attractions would be closed. When we go for Thanksgiving, it'll be totally crowded, but only 1 or 2 attractions will be closed.
Especially after seeing your pictures, it makes me glad we're waiting!:)

wendybeth
09-24-2003, 05:20 PM
We are planning on a aMarch trip, which I'm sure we will still do. It is a bit disturbing to see so many things down; I realise that maintenance, etc, needs to be done but this is silly! It costs us a small fortune to go to Disneyland; I would feel very ripped off if I had planned my vacation during this time. Just last night I was thinking "well, if they haven't got it together by March, I suppose we could always go to Cleveland to visit relatives..." NOT! (Not that there is anything wrong with Cleveland;) ).

Freerider127
09-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Great pics!!! It makes me want to go, luckly I am going this weekend.