PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Challenge! Can it be done?

cryan71
09-23-2003, 08:04 AM
Now that many E Ticket rides are closed -- is it possible to ride every attraction at Disneyland?

I have yet to be able to ride every single ride in one day.

HBTiggerFan
09-23-2003, 08:11 AM
Yes! Just do Fantasyland in the morning. I think you'll be finished by 4p.m. if you walk normally, and take a lunch break.

cryan71
09-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Could it be done if all the rides were open?

HBTiggerFan
09-23-2003, 08:32 AM
Posibally with the use of fastpass and on a rainy day in November. But you'd have to go more commando style.

With all the rides open Disneyland is a 2-3 day park depending on what else you want to do besides go on attractions.

Right now you could go on all the attractions and in all the stores and be done by 6p.m.

timl33
09-23-2003, 09:14 AM
Single Rider lines probably help out a lot more too.

Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
Posibally with the use of fastpass and on a rainy day in November.

What does wearing no underwear have to do with it? :)

Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
But you'd have to go more commando style.

UncleGDogWord
09-23-2003, 09:39 AM
I think it can be done as long as the crowds are low and you have good timing, but when have you gone to Disneyland and there not be a attraction down?

I don't know, but tomorrow I am going to find out, because in just under 7 hours I am heading to the Happiest Place on Earth!

T-minus 6h 22mins

Not Afraid
09-23-2003, 09:57 AM
A group of uber geeks did all of the open attractions in reverse chronological order on the day of the Pirates Premier.

9oldmen
09-23-2003, 09:59 AM
but when have you gone to Disneyland and there not be a attraction down?

That's easy. In the old days, during peak season, there used to be an unwritten rule that, barring unforseen accidents or 101s, everything would be open.

cryan71
09-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
A group of uber geeks did all of the open attractions in reverse chronological order on the day of the Pirates Premier.

reverse chronological order?

Not Afraid
09-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by cryan71
reverse chronological order?

Yup.

LSPoorEeyorick
09-23-2003, 12:10 PM
All you need is ingenuity and planning. Three twentysomethings (one AP--me--) made it to every ride not only in DL, but DCA as well on a Friday in mid-October. And we watched Fantasmic. We had to rest for several days afterwards, though. Be forewarned.

tod
09-23-2003, 12:46 PM
A friend of mine and I tried to do that during the 25-hour party on July 17, 1980.

After about 19 hours of mirthless scorekeeping, we figured "the hell with it" when we were on the Railroad over by the burning cabin and saw that the &*%$#!! Keel Boats were running, adding another ride to the list.

You want to, go for it. But if it stops being fun, stop.

--T
older but no wiser, because I was pretty wise then, too.
:fez:

Disneyphile
09-23-2003, 12:51 PM
I've done all rides (except the ones in refurb, obviously) by 10:00 am, even with a stop for breakfast at Carnation.

It also happened to be the day before the POTC movie premiere, and I got there by the 6:30am opening. ;)

But, I was excited to beat my old record of 5 1/2 hours! :fez:

cryan71
09-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Disneyphile
I've done all rides (except the ones in refurb, obviously) by 10:00 am, even with a stop for breakfast at Carnation.

It also happened to be the day before the POTC movie premiere, and I got there by the 6:30am opening. ;)

But, I was excited to beat my old record of 5 1/2 hours! :fez:

I find this hard to believe.

Disneyphile
09-23-2003, 01:26 PM
Nope. Longest wait time was 5 minutes for Peter Pan's Flight. :D We did all of Fantasyland first (not including Matterhorn and IASW), and that took about 45 minutes. Oh, and we devoured breakfast in 30 minutes. Next, we headed to Adventureland, Frontierland, then Critter Country, then hopped the train to Tomorrowland, and finally finished at Gadget's Go-Coaster. :D We were quite determined. :)

Cadaverous Pallor
09-23-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by cryan71
I find this hard to believe.
Bear in mind that the park opened at 6:30am that day, and very few people knew about it. There was no one there for hours.

mlnreplyer
09-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Your best bet is to arrive on a Sunday during off season, right at opening. My brother and I did this once, and we rode Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain ( :crying: ), the Mark Twain, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Tea Party, it's a small world, Roger Rabbit, Gadget's Go Coaster, Matterhorn, Autopia, Space Mountain, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Star Tours, and the Rocket Rods in about two and a half hours. Not a lot of people there on a Sunday (Mormons excluded, no offense), because of impatient parents who enjoy sleeping. I write this as a thirteen-year-old. We then went to DCA, where we did almost everything, including watch me win 32,000 points at Millioniare. This all took place on November somethingth, 2002.

Disneyphile
09-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Bear in mind that the park opened at 6:30am that day, and very few people knew about it. There was no one there for hours.
Yep. The entire park looked like DCA on a busy day.;)

Matterhorn Fan
09-23-2003, 05:17 PM
Been there. Done that.

TheatreTech
09-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Disneyphile
Nope. Longest wait time was 5 minutes for Peter Pan's Flight. :D We did all of Fantasyland first (not including Matterhorn and IASW), and that took about 45 minutes. Oh, and we devoured breakfast in 30 minutes. Next, we headed to Adventureland, Frontierland, then Critter Country, then hopped the train to Tomorrowland, and finally finished at Gadget's Go-Coaster. :D We were quite determined. :)

Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor

I was there, but didn't try to do everything, but because the nonexistant crowds, it seemed highly possable.
(BTW-It was because I found MP not too long before that I knew it opened that early on that day. ;) :fez: )

EandCDad
09-23-2003, 06:56 PM
I seem to remember a guy posting a story on one of the Disney fan sites (maybe even this one) about trying to do all of DL and DCA in one day. He seemed to get pretty close, so it seems like just doing DL, even with most of the rides open would be possible.

cryan71
09-23-2003, 11:08 PM
I might try it in early December. That looks to be a real slow time. So Fantasyland and ToonTown should be covered first, then what?

Matterhorn Fan
09-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Then pick up fastpasses for what few E-tickets are still open while you're doing all the stuff that takes a long time (Mark Twain, Columbia, TSI, Golden Horseshoe, Main St vehicles, Great Moments with Mr. Headphones, etc.).