PDA

View Full Version : random observations on Pirates and Fantasmic

cstephens
02-17-2014, 12:22 AM
We went on Pirates today, and we noticed that the dog who normally barks at Jack Sparrow in the barrel was missing. I didn't see it because I was on the other side of the boat and wasn't looking that way, but I'm told the crab was missing. On the smoke projection where they were alternating Davy Jones and Blackbeard, only Davy Jones was appearing. Don't know if Blackbeard's removal is permanent. However, on the last lift, they were still alternating dialogue between Davy Jones and Blackbeard.

Fantasmic - There are some new lighting effects during specific scenes. They've also changed out the regular fountains for fountains more like the ones they use in World of Color - they're lit with different colors and the water fountains move. Croc was missing today, and the Columbia segment was odd. They didn't have the guy drop onto the air bag cause there was no air bag set up, which I've seen before, but Peter Pan never came down from the rigging, which I've never seen before. He was pretty much in the same spot as where he normally starts out. He fought Hook and other pirates all from that same area. Hook didn't have his hat, which was weird. The dragon didn't breathe fire so the Rivers of America just magically lit on fire. Still a great show, though.

leota's necklace
02-17-2014, 04:08 AM
I noticed Blackbeard was missing during my last trip in October and it made me sad. I really wanted my dose of Ian McShane!

Cory Gross
02-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Well on the bright side, they're halfway there on Pirates now. They just need to have the squid monster disappear.

cstephens
02-17-2014, 09:15 AM
I noticed Blackbeard was missing during my last trip in October and it made me sad. I really wanted my dose of Ian McShane!

Oh, wow, ok, then that either means I haven't ridden Pirates since October, or I haven't been paying attention!

candles71
02-17-2014, 09:23 AM
The time we saw F! when it had been raining, they didn't move around. Peter and Hook sword fought in the same spot in the rigging, Wendy and crew stayed at the back of the boat instead of running back there from the middle. Perhaps the deck was wet for some reason?

HeavenOnEarth
02-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Yea...we noticed the same thing with Pirates a couple of weeks ago. The dog was missing where Jack Sparrow is hiding in the barrel, the crab has been missing for a while. We also noticed (maybe just never relaized) but in the same area where the crab is..I recall the skeleton lying face down in the sand with a sword through his back, the skeleton pinned against the wall with a Sea gull on top of his hat. But this time also noticed a skeleton sitting in the sand with a pistol in his hand.

TTFN92
02-18-2014, 09:46 PM
When we were there in Jan I didn't see the crab but it was so dark it was hard to know if it was missing or I just couldn't see it.

skimbob
02-20-2014, 02:44 PM
In January the crab was there because I look for it. This was during 1/2 marathon weekend. I am surprised they are removing things when the ride is going down for a long refurbishment.

I wonder if on Fantasmic if the changes have something to do with Cal Osha and cast safety on board the ship. It wouldn't surpise me.

Malcon10t
02-20-2014, 03:27 PM
In January the crab was there because I look for it. This was during 1/2 marathon weekend. I am surprised they are removing things when the ride is going down for a long refurbishment.

I wonder if on Fantasmic if the changes have something to do with Cal Osha and cast safety on board the ship. It wouldn't surpise me.I was pretty sure I saw the crab during the Tink weekend also. That said, usually they remove things when they aren't working, adn usually they do refurbs when things arent working right, so I am not surprised...