PDA

View Full Version : The answer is blowin' in the wind...

merlinjones
09-07-2001, 10:29 AM
>>ROME, Sept 7 (AFP) - (excerpts)

>>Folk-rock icon Bob Dylan has started work on an autobiography that will criticise the way world affairs are being handled, as can be expected from the rebellious US singer-songwriter.<<

>>"We are living in a science-fiction world where Disney and Disney's science-fiction have won," the 60-year-old pop idol said.<<

I hope he's not talking about the New Tomorrowland!

Nigel2
09-07-2001, 01:56 PM
Could he be thinking in the sense that sci-fi is no longer "dangerous" its all happy and fun and has a 90 minute wait? Oh wait, strike that 90 minute wait thing.

EandCDad
09-07-2001, 02:25 PM
I like some Bob Dylan songs (Rainy Day Women #12 and #35, Tangled Up in Blue, . . . I guess that is it) and I respect the fact that he has persevered as a musical icon, entertainer, singer, songwriter for forty years. He has done more with his life than I ever will.

That said, I have read and seen numerous interviews with him and he is a complete wacko. I don't mean his ideas are necessarily nutty, it's just that he acts so kooky. I don't know if it was the pot or what. He always seems to be in some sort of dream. Questions like "where did you perform last night?" are responded to with "man, that's the question, the world is turning at night, you now." I mean I've never seen or heard this guy give a straightforward interview about anything.

For example, look at the quote, "Disney and Disney's science-fiction have won" what in the name of Jiminy Cricket does that mean? What is "Disney's science fiction?" To a stoned flower-child that's pretty deep but I just don't get it.

zapppop
09-09-2001, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
The answer is blowin' in the wind...

Execpt in New Jersey, where what's blowing in the wind smells funnyhttp://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/contrib/corky/corkysm60.gif

blusilva
09-10-2001, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
>>ROME, Sept 7 (AFP) - (excerpts)

>>"We are living in a science-fiction world where Disney and Disney's science-fiction have won," the 60-year-old pop idol said.<<

I hope he's not talking about the New Tomorrowland!

Maybe he's talking about Tron?