PDA

View Full Version : Proposal at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

stagedoorjonny
09-22-2003, 10:39 AM
I friend of mine whas proposed to Friday night at Dineyland, her boyfriend gets very high marks. They already planned the wedding for the Rose Garden. Here is the story.

Thier Disneyland coordinator called them up a few days ahead and told them that he had dinner reservations for Club 33 he couldn't use and would they like to use them. They said yes, she took the day off work. They were told the seats where the best seats in the house, she didn't believe it until later (the table behind them ordered a $50,000 bottle of wine there where 2 bottles of this vintage left laid down by Walt, it was there 55 wedding anniversary). They watched Fantismic from the balcony then had dinner. After dinner the wedding coordinator came in and said he was able to get them in to see an after hours wedding at the carrousal. The wedding coordinator told them he would meet them over there. About 10:30 on thier way to the wedding the castle was roped off, there was a table for two right in front of the drawbridge sitting on a bed of rose petals, she thought what a great photo spot for the couple. He convinced her that they should take a closer look. The table had a large rose and candle arrangment, also there was the pillow from the parade with the glass slipper then she noticed the picture of her and her boyfriend on the table, then it sunk in. He got down on one knee and started to propose. The Diamond was in the glass slipper, which was her size, the wedding coordintor had to have it made since they no longer sell them, (boyfriend was expecting the minuture that they now sell). The coodinator came over and asked them to be the poster couple for Disney weddings, which they accecpted. The photographer took tons of pictures in front of the castle and at the carrousal. After the pictures he asked if the two of them could have 5 minutes alone, and everyone left, here they where in front of the castle not a soul in sight even Main street was empty.

She later found out the castle had been roped off since 8:30 so they could clean since the boyfriend didn't want any trash in sight. The coodinator said that he didn't think this could be done since nothing like this had been done before. He asked him to try it took a couple of weeks to get permission. When they had permission then he asked if they could get him reservations into Club 33 for an excuse so she would dress up, he said he would try to find some one who would invite them since he could not do it on his own, and did. They had wedding coodinators fly in from Florida to see this night.

Not Afraid
09-22-2003, 10:46 AM
We saw that!!!!!!! We were about to walk down toward Main Street to leave when I suggested we take a quick jaunt over to the castle so I could say Hi to the swans.

We were heading over there when I finially reached the lost Andrew on his cell. I located Andrew, then we walked over to see the roped off area. We were asked to move away so I went looking for swans. Then we heard clapping and saw the couple kissing for a very long time.

Very romantic and very beautiful! The candles on the table made for a magical ambiance. So pretty!

Disneyphile
09-22-2003, 10:59 AM
Yes! Yes! I was there too! It seriously moved me to tears!!!

And I gotta know.... does he have a brother who's single??? ;)

That was THE most romantic thing I have ever seen in my life!

fairytalelover
09-22-2003, 11:25 AM
Wow!! That is really romantic!

Nephythys
09-22-2003, 11:44 AM
More evidence to me that we need a Disney Dating service- that will set you up with wonderful people who share your love of Disney.....

This is a very romantic story- deserves at least a full 4 swoons (as opposed to stars);)

fairytalelover
09-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Nephythys
More evidence to me that we need a Disney Dating service- that will set you up with wonderful people who share your love of Disney.....

This is a very romantic story- deserves at least a full 4 swoons (as opposed to stars);)

That's not a bad idea at all. I'm surprised that there isn't a Disney Dating service as of yet.

Nephythys
09-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by fairytalelover
That's not a bad idea at all. I'm surprised that there isn't a Disney Dating service as of yet.

I am sure I could not get away with actually calling it Disney- but it would be very cool to have one!

Humm, maybe I should start one- but I get the first date!;)

fairytalelover
09-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Well as long as you take the Disney name out, I am sure you can elude to it somehow and just have people who are Disney fans like us to participate.

Nephythys
09-22-2003, 02:34 PM
I think I will- it could start as a thread and maybe have it's own board- I know how to set one up-

LOL- my new mission! To help Disney fans find each other!;)

Disneyphile
09-22-2003, 05:10 PM
I am sure I could not get away with actually calling it Disney- but it would be very cool to have one!
Hmmm.... how about calling it "Fairytale Singles"? ;)

Nephythys
09-22-2003, 05:26 PM
How about - "We met because of the Mouse"? Too Disney?

LSPoorEeyorick
09-23-2003, 12:18 PM
... but I think it's a fab idea.

Morrigoon
09-23-2003, 12:29 PM
Not a bad idea. Surprising Disney doesn't try it (though there's the whole liability and satisfaction thing...) but seriously, uniting wallets and letting them breed little wallets, who wouldn't want to encourage that? ;)

It's not a bad idea really. I suppose if I ever got to the point of resorting to dating services, I'd use that one first.

fairytalelover
09-23-2003, 12:42 PM
How much did a proposal like that cost?

Disneyphile
09-23-2003, 12:43 PM
Well, there's always the start of organizing a Singles' Meet.... :shrug:

But, in all seriousness, I hope the newly engaged couple have more in common than just Disney. After all, you can't revolve everything in life around Mickey. (Although it would be fun.) :D

Disneyphile
09-23-2003, 12:47 PM
How much did a proposal like that cost?
I'm sure it cost a small fortune, but it's mainly the romantic thought that makes it SO special!

Even if the guy hadn't pre-organized everything and just did it spontaneously at the castle when it was fairly vacant, under a starry sky, and even sang "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" (instead of the 2 violinists this guy had) to her, it would still have made me melt! :D

I think effort is more important than any amount of money. :)

Pat-n-Eil
09-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Perhaps we could call the Service "Mouse Match"

http://www.mousematch.com could be the site.

"Mouse Match. Mickeying your dreams come true"..

Hmm..

fairytalelover
09-23-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Disneyphile
I'm sure it cost a small fortune, but it's mainly the romantic thought that makes it SO special!

Even if the guy hadn't pre-organized everything and just did it spontaneously at the castle when it was fairly vacant, under a starry sky, and even sang "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" (instead of the 2 violinists this guy had) to her, it would still have made me melt! :D

I think effort is more important than any amount of money. :)

That's all fine and good but I really want to know how much something like that costs. I would like to know approximatley how much money we are talking about here and if he organized it through Disney Wedding people.

Disneyphile
09-23-2003, 03:59 PM
That's all fine and good but I really want to know how much something like that costs. I would like to know approximatley how much money we are talking about here and if he organized it through Disney Wedding people.
Well, considering it was on Disney property, I'm betting he went through the Fairytale Wedding coordinators. I bet they can price quote you by contacting them. :)

dshimel
09-23-2003, 04:07 PM
How much? Well, "The Works" package including the horse drawn Cinderella carrage is $35K. This guy was dropping more than that to get this special proposal thing going.

Must have been something in the air that day. I've been "just friends" with a woman for a couple months, even though I knew she had a major crush on me. For a week, I'd been thinking... Well, maybe.

Then it happened. A day at Disneyland and our first kiss in front of the castle while waiting for the 4:45 parade.

Lisa, guess we should have hung with you guys for an extra half hour or so!

genenpet
09-23-2003, 04:07 PM
I can't believe anyone here is seriously suggesting that hardcore disney people reproduce. Frightening. :)

mouselove.com is my vote.

Disneyphile
09-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by genenpet
I can't believe anyone here is seriously suggesting that hardcore disney people reproduce. Frightening. :)

mouselove.com is my vote.
I've heard stories of some hardcore geeks purposely going to Disneyland on their due date, in hopes the kid will actually be born there. And I once saw a webpage for a newborn baby girl named "Disneyana". :fez:

I'm not *that* bad. The most extreme is that I've already picked a middle name for my future son (should I have one) - Walter. :geek:

Nephythys
09-24-2003, 04:42 AM
These responses are a riot!

I think a Disney-fied dating service would be a riot- and maybe a singles meet is a great way to start- heck- I might even fly out for that!

I'll keep thinking on it- maybe we will do this after all. Or if someone wants to work on it with me?

I know you need more in common than Disney, obviously, but I certainly do not see myself with someone who will only tolerate Disney, they muct love it or we will be a mismatch!

I accidentally named my daughter with a Disney name. Her name is Adriana Rose, but it was not until after I named her that I realized that the voice of Snow White was an Adriana, and Rose could easily relate to Sleeping Beauty. A fact that was noted by that same princess when we visited DL this July.

A singles meet- what a great idea! Mousematch....good name! I have never used a dating service either, but this has merit!

dshimel
09-24-2003, 09:59 AM
A singles meet- what a great idea! Mousematch....good name! I have never used a dating service either, but this has merit!

Just come out for a MouseAdventure, and have the singles meet up somewhere afterwards. Break into reasonable age ranges, then do one of those 5-10 minute dating things. Have people list who they want to "hook up with". People that cross matched head off to spend a couple hours in the park together. People that didn't cross match could still hang out and talk, maybe find a match, maybe just find out of the geek has a Disney-friend of interest.

Or, do it on a Saturday before a MouseAdventure.

cstephens
09-24-2003, 10:02 AM
I've been resisting for so long, but I'm finally giving in.

Anyone else keep thinking "a.d.d. noon meet" when someone asks about what to name it?