PDA

View Full Version : When's Nudist Days gonna happen?

Pages : [1] 2 3

PapiBear
09-22-2003, 10:15 AM
If they can have Gay Days, they can provide equal time for other alternative lifestyles too!

Ever since I was a young'un, I used to imagine what it would be like if there was a "Nudist Day" at Disneyland, where it would be clothing-optional all throughout the Park. (Really! I really did used to wonder about this! I know, I'm weird.)

And if the Gay community and the Nudist community is going to be catered to, why not the S&M community?

They could even do Holiday-like makeovers of various rides to celebrate the occasion!

S&M Days: "Alice in Wonderland" remade into the "Cheshire Cat-o'-Nine-Tails".

Nudist Days: "Tarzan's Treehouse" remade into "Tarzan's Loincloth-Freehouse".

Gay Days: "Mickey's Toontown" remade into "Mickey's Castro District", "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" remade into "Mr. Toad's Wild Drunken Orgy", and, for DCA, "Hollywood Backlot" remade into "West Hollywood Bathhouse".

Any other suggestions?

(by the way, this is SATIRE. I'm not slamming anyone, just having some creative fun with a concept, nothing more. Don't anyone get all upset about it, because I am merely JOKING, okay?)

Nephythys
09-22-2003, 10:30 AM
I know you're joking- but I bet there are people who would get upset if you tried to have Straight Day at the park-

SacTown Chronic
09-22-2003, 10:34 AM
If Disneyland has Nudist Day they had better stock every attraction with a ton of Clorox Wipes for the seats!

Wfoxx
09-22-2003, 10:37 AM
ROFL!:~D

cstephens
09-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Nephythys
I know you're joking- but I bet there are people who would get upset if you tried to have Straight Day at the park-

Why? That wouldn't mean you could only go to the park if you were straight, the same way that you don't have to be gay to attend Gay Days.

Lani
09-22-2003, 10:47 AM
S&M Days -- kind of already exists between a small group within Gay Day, and also Bat Day.

Hon, if you wanna enjoy an S&M Day there are many opportunities up here in San Francisco.

Nudist Day... I highly doubt Disney will allow the breaking of any overt laws, one of which is being nude in public. All sorts of indecency laws there.

Disneyphile
09-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by PapiBear
Oooooooh!!!

:imagining a loincloth-free Tarzan: :D

If that ever happens, I am SO there!!!! ;)

hefferdude
09-22-2003, 11:27 AM

I sure wouldn't be following anyone too closely up the steps of Tarzan Tree House!!!:eek:

If Disneyland has Nudist Day they had better stock every attraction with a ton of Clorox Wipes for the seats!

Extra box loads at the carosel entrance...:D

PapiBear
09-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Lani
S&M Days -- kind of already exists between a small group within Gay Day, and also Bat Day.

Hon, if you wanna enjoy an S&M Day there are many opportunities up here in San Francisco.

Nudist Day... I highly doubt Disney will allow the breaking of any overt laws, one of which is being nude in public. All sorts of indecency laws there.

LOL! No, I'm not interested in an S&M Day myself. It was just part of the running joke.

"Bat Day"??? Isn't that a baseball thing?

And since Disneyland is private property, technically I think they COULD have a Nudist Day if they wanted to (plus they have the berm and all those trees, which helps).... :fez:

tod
09-22-2003, 11:34 AM
You know there are nudists in the park every day, don't you?

If they aren't nude, you can't tell.

And oh by the way Sactown:

Don't worry about it. Nudists always carry a towel to sit on, for self-protection as well as protection of the surface being sat on. The Clorox wipes ad is an unfortunate joke, unfortunate because it is based on an idea that is false.

and Lani:

I highly doubt Disney will allow the breaking of any overt laws, one of which is being nude in public. All sorts of indecency laws there.

You'll find that such laws prohibit "indecent exposure," with its implications of inappropriateness and offensiveness. Being nude at Disneyland would be inappropraite and offensive. (And Disney would never approve it. No clothes means no pockets. No pockets means no money.)

Being nude, however, even in large groups, is not a crime.

--T
who doesn't spend all his leisure time with The Lovely Mrs. tod and the little tods at Disneyland, if you know what I mean, and I think you do, especially now.
:fez:

Nephythys
09-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
Why? That wouldn't mean you could only go to the park if you were straight, the same way that you don't have to be gay to attend Gay Days.

Oh I know- I am being somewhat ironic- if one has to seperate oneself according to their sexuality- why not have Straight Pride Parades?

I will never understand why people need to be defined by who they sleep with- but that's just me-

cstephens
09-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Oh I know- I am being somewhat ironic- if one has to seperate oneself according to their sexuality- why not have Straight Pride Parades?

I will never understand why people need to be defined by who they sleep with- but that's just me-

There was a whole thread that provided answers to your question, so perhaps it would be best not to have this one veer off on that again...

PapiBear
09-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by tod
Disney would never approve it. No clothes means no pockets. No pockets means no money.

You're assuming pockets are the only place to keep money. :eek:

Nude people can carry handbags, you know....

(I know what you were thinking, and you have a dirty mind. :p )

Nephythys
09-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
There was a whole thread that provided answers to your question, so perhaps it would be best not to have this one veer off on that again...

I was not attempting to make it the topic of this thread- it was a one time comment, that then required some clarification-

Consider it dropped- it's not worth the stress anyway:D

SacTown Chronic
09-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Wow tod. Way to defend your hobby.

I didn't know that about the towels but it makes sense. I've never even seen you before but I'm having weird visions of you, and beach volleyball. And your towel of course.

Figures I try to throw out a "crack' about Nudist Day and get shot down by an expert.:)

UncleGDogWord
09-22-2003, 01:22 PM

Isn't almost everyday at the Magic Kingdom a Straight Day? Last time I went to Disneyland there were a lot of Hetros. (Being on myself we can kind of detect are own not very well) Those pesky Hetro folks want to make everyday a Straight Day. Hey if they did have a Straight Day would that mean they would make special Attenna Mickeys?

It is all in fun folks. No harm no foul was meant.

Nephythys
09-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by UncleGDogWord
Isn't almost everyday at the Magic Kingdom a Straight Day? Last time I went to Disneyland there were a lot of Hetros. (Being on myself we can kind of detect are own not very well) Those pesky Hetro folks want to make everyday a Straight Day. Hey if they did have a Straight Day would that mean they would make special Attenna Mickeys?

It is all in fun folks. No harm no foul was meant.

LOL- I should have known my (meant to be) harmless comment would rouse this response.

Every day is also gay day, because I do not see a sign that says that gays and lesbians can't come in on every other day-

It was just a comment regarding my feelings that defining yourself by your sexuality is foolish-

I don't spend my time at DL detecting what sexuality anyone is-as for the moral or political issues, I refuse to let them ruin my fun on this board by making enemies- we all do what we think is right for ourselves and our families-

Enough from me....continue the folly!
:D

Disneyphile
09-22-2003, 01:46 PM
I just thought how this could help make Disney some serious money -

Charge $25 for a bottle of sunscreen.;)

Oh, and would they have to change the safety spiels to include all appendages, not just hands and arms? ;)

hbquikcomjamesl
09-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Hmm. All this talk of towels reminds me of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

innerSpaceman
09-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Well, Nudist Day at the park would not have to be a nude event, any more than GayDay requires homosexual activity in Fantasyland.

Nudists can simply wear blue shirts that day, and thus be able to identify and give the secret handshake to other nudists they encounter in roaming the park. And then, just as with GayDay, non-participating guests can have a sort-of "X-Ray Vision" which allows them to see just who are the nudists among us without having to see too much.

merlinjones
09-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Likely, if you find the right hotel rooms after the Kingdom Circuit Party, you will find the nudist events as well!

PapiBear
09-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Disneyphile
I just thought how this could help make Disney some serious money -

Charge $25 for a bottle of sunscreen.;)

Oh, and would they have to change the safety spiels to include all appendages, not just hands and arms? ;)

Nudist Days revamped Mine Train To Nature's Wonderland old miner character: "Howdy folks! Welcome to the little minin' town of Rainbow Ridge, gateway to Nature's Wonderland. As we head fer the wilderness, a couple of suggestions. Please stay seated at all times and keep yer hands, arms, boobs and nads inside the train - the animals get mighty hungry!"

I'm giggling myself silly here thinking about how this could be done! :D

Disneyfreak
09-22-2003, 04:31 PM
This thread makes me sick. The idiots of society are taking over the only thing in society I like, which is Disneyland. Cant we forget all of that labeling thing. Why does there have to be a gay day in Disneyland. Besides if I had children then I wouldnt want them being around all of those freaks; I think it is inapropriate in a place where children and families come. I just know im going to get screamed at for this, but im totally right and you guys know it. This is also one of the degrading things about Disneyland these days and I dont like it.

Nephythys
09-22-2003, 04:40 PM
ah - bold words Disneyfreak-

While I would not use such strong language for it- and while I know that Papibear started the thread with humor in mind- I do agree that there does not need to be a gaydays at DL or WDW- BUT- I also do not think that an independant group of people should be stopped from organizing a weekend at the parks- but as a parent and a self-responsible person I know that I would not want to be there at the same time- it is not a matter of bigotry or homophobia- it is a matter of my exercising my right to freedom of association- I will check their websites to see when they plan their trip and I will avoid going at the same time- simple- and doesn't hurt anyone-

I choose to not expose my kids to that behavior- BUT I also have to say that I don't care if you are gay or straight- you better behave yourself in the parks or security ought to kick you out-

I have heard of the overtly sexual things that go on during these events- I have seen the pics on their own websites- but again- if straight people were behaving that badly I would want them gone too-

I also understand Disney's culture of non-discrimination- and I think it is necessary for them- but I don't have to do that- I can pick and choose who I mingle with and what I expose my kids to- I hole MYSELF responsible- not Disney-

Not Afraid
09-22-2003, 04:47 PM
OK. Get ready for round 2.;)

I'm serving drinks this time around.