PDA

View Full Version : Steakhouse 55 lounge

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
02-02-2014, 09:22 AM
In case anyone else wasn't aware, the lounge outside Steakhouse 55 has its own menu. (We'd thought they had a food menu but weren't sure until we went last night.) It's a nice little area, with comfy sofas and chairs, and it's indoors, so it's a respite from both heat and cold outside. It's not generally very crowded, and you don't even hear the noise from Goofy's Kitchen next door. Steakhouse 55 closes at 10:30 (with the kitchen closing at 10pm) and the lounge generally keeps the same hours, though if it's busy, they will extend, so it's good to know that if it's late-ish, there's somewhere to go to get decent food.

Here's the menu (http://twitpic.com/du8853). We enjoyed the food we had there, and the service was good. We were really impressed with the veggies and hummus plate (http://twitpic.com/du88aw). We liked the sausage and peppers flatbread (http://twitpic.com/du887z) too.

MadasaHatter
02-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Great news.....always looking for new snacking ideas......I finally had dinner there a few years back and it was delicious and WAY under attended. So good to know....I will patronize....

carolinakid
02-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Not a big fan of eating in lounges, (drinking's an entirely different matter!), but I have to say Steakhouse 55 was our favorite dining experience of our last visit in October. Absolutely superb!

Disneyphile
02-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Oh cool! Thank you for posting! :)

snoopyfink
02-04-2014, 07:56 AM
Very good to know! I'm a fan of eating at the Hearthstone Lounge and Trader Sam's, so this seems right up my alley! And there seem to be a few different items on the menu that aren't on the menus at those two places.

cstephens
02-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Very good to know! I'm a fan of eating at the Hearthstone Lounge and Trader Sam's, so this seems right up my alley! And there seem to be a few different items on the menu that aren't on the menus at those two places.

Oh, yes, it's a very different menu, especially compared to Hearthstone. We've eaten there once before, and we looked at the menu again the other night, but it just didn't strike our fancy. I think Hearthstone's offerings are a bit more upscale.

MouseVII
02-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Another eating venue for us to try. Thanks for sharing, cstephens.

On a somewhat related note, does anybody know if Steakhouse (or any other of the hotel restaurants) validates Downtown Disney parking?

disneyobsessed
02-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Another eating venue for us to try. Thanks for sharing, cstephens.

On a somewhat related note, does anybody know if Steakhouse (or any other of the hotel restaurants) validates Downtown Disney parking?

Some of the hotel restaurants offer validated parking for parking in the hotel parking lots. Don't know which ones offer it but seems like Steakhouse 55 could/should be one of them. AMC and "select restaurants" offer DtD validation. You might just have to call the Dine Line and ask.

fairestoneofall
02-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Awesome! Thanks.

MouseVII
02-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Some of the hotel restaurants offer validated parking for parking in the hotel parking lots. Don't know which ones offer it but seems like Steakhouse 55 could/should be one of them. AMC and "select restaurants" offer DtD validation. You might just have to call the Dine Line and ask.

Thank you. :)

bennette
02-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Five hours complimentary valet parking is available at the Grand when dining at Napa Rose or Storyteller's; they will validate your ticket at dinner. It is not available for the Hearthstone Lounge. (I mean, I'm sure you can pay to use the valet but they won't validate it.) I don't know about the lounge at Napa; we've been directed to self parking when eating there but it was at the holidays and anyone without a dinner reservation or hotel room was being directed to self parking.

Steakhouse 55 dining (lounge unknown) validates for five hours of valet parking at the Disneyland Hotel. I imagine Goofy's does, too, but I've never eaten there.

I *feel* like we got parking when having breakfast at the Paradise Pier but it's been a while.

MouseVII
02-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Thanks for your input, bennette. :)

letshavefun
02-07-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm going with my sister (no kiddos) this summer and want to try some lounges for snacks and drinks. We were thinking Trader Sam's just cause I've read so much but this sounds like a nice option too. The veggie and hummus plate looked awesome.

fairestoneofall
02-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Thinking about trying to walk into the lounge early this Friday with DH and the boys (Valentine's Day). Tell me, is this a bad idea? My boys do fine at NR lounge, I'm more worried about crowds/wait.

bennette
02-11-2014, 07:10 AM
Thinking about trying to walk into the lounge early this Friday with DH and the boys (Valentine's Day). Tell me, is this a bad idea? My boys do fine at NR lounge, I'm more worried about crowds/wait.

My first question is how will they feel about walking by Goofy's?

fairestoneofall
02-11-2014, 07:39 AM
My first question is how will they feel about walking by Goofy's?

They'll be fine. We were just at Goofy's last month.

Malcon10t
02-11-2014, 08:04 AM
Thinking about trying to walk into the lounge early this Friday with DH and the boys (Valentine's Day). Tell me, is this a bad idea? My boys do fine at NR lounge, I'm more worried about crowds/wait.The few times I have been there in the evenings (usually having a drink while waiting on Goofy's), it has rarely been excessively crowded. However, it wasn't Valentines Day...

spectromen
02-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Great information; thank you for sharing. I assume they honor AP discounts as well?

cstephens
02-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Great information; thank you for sharing. I assume they honor AP discounts as well?

Yep!

adriennek
02-20-2014, 04:25 PM
I don't know about the lounge at Napa; we've been directed to self parking when eating there but it was at the holidays and anyone without a dinner reservation or hotel room was being directed to self parking.

We ate at the NR Lounge last weekend and they validated our parking. I don't know if they have a minimum required. We did order food - more than we planned to order, actually because the Vintner's was too good to resist.

Malcon10t
02-20-2014, 04:59 PM
We ate at the NR Lounge last weekend and they validated our parking. I don't know if they have a minimum required. We did order food - more than we planned to order, actually because the Vintner's was too good to resist.I have valeted at DLH for breakfast at S55, so I would guess they do for dinner too.

FabShelly
02-28-2014, 06:38 AM
Probably one of the top three cheeseburgers I've had in my life. This was back when I could still eat buns.

L1l1y2
04-09-2014, 08:53 AM
I have recently read some good reviews about the lounge. Their burgers in particular. My husband is on the hunt for a decent burger on resort. I was wondering would it be ok to bring 2 extremely well behaved 7 and 10 year old?

Thank you!

BlkPearlCptn
04-09-2014, 09:50 AM
If your husband wants good burgers at the resort, in my opinion the burgers with pinapple and cheese (forgot their name) at the Tangaroa Terrace are to die for. Every time I am there I stop by and get one. They have always been huge, flavorful, fresh and filling. I highly recommend them. Maybe it's not the fanciest place to eat, but that particular burger has always been outstanding!

cstephens
04-09-2014, 10:26 AM
I have recently read some good reviews about the lounge. Their burgers in particular. My husband is on the hunt for a decent burger on resort. I was wondering would it be ok to bring 2 extremely well behaved 7 and 10 year old?

Thank you!

Yep, definitely OK for your kids to be there.

You might also check out the Uva Bar in Downtown Disney. They have a really good burger and kids are welcome there as well.