PDA

View Full Version : One Enchanted Evening

Nathan Tikiguy
09-21-2003, 02:07 PM
I would like to hear comments from folks who went to this merch release event and any other merch events. This was my first one. There was a big mix of Shag collectors, tiki freaks, fans of the Park and I'm sure e-bay sellers. I heard folks were lined up as early as 2:30 am for this event. I got there at 9 am (I did not hear my alarm).
There was some annoyance from folks around me reguarding hoarding, specifically to the limited serialgraph. By the time I got to the Disneyana shop, a few things were out (at least I got to order the tiki mugs I really, really wanted).
As a tiki freak and a fan of the Park, I thought the merch was exellent. A few things overpriced, but I guess the justification is that its "limited." The tiki mug and goblet are great, and Shag's artwork spendid. The castmembers were great, despite the overwhelming number of people. Shag stayed later, till 3 pm, to sign stuff. Overall the folks I met in line were friendly and pleasent despite the six hour line.
My joke comment when regular Park visitors asked what this line was for, I said "complaints." :rolleyes:

merlinjones
09-21-2003, 07:26 PM
Maybe the thick execs will now get the idea that the Tiki room is cool, melds with current Tiki-revival fads and that they could make money on this kind of Tiki merchandise on a regular basis if it were in stock!

Bring back the Tahitian Terrace, with a Tiki store in between!

Morrigoon
09-21-2003, 07:39 PM
Bring back Tahitian terrace, put a walk-up juice bar at the back, with a decent view of the stage, and sell the merch across the way in the corner of the big shop (rename it back to something tiki-like, instead of the bazaar).

Nathan Tikiguy
09-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah, that would be cool. It worked for Nightmare/Haunted Holiday. I can only hope that this will at least keep the original Enchanted Tiki room alive and not get taken away like so many of the Park's sorely missed attractions.