PDA

View Full Version : Lunar New Year Celebration

Malcon10t
01-29-2014, 07:41 PM
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/lunar-new-year/

From January 31 – February 2, 2014, join a joyous tribute that coincides with Lunar New Year.
Sign says, Happy Lunar New Year! Year of the Snake
Wonderful New Year Wishes

Ring in the Lunar New Year with a celebration at Disney California Adventure Park!

Celebrate the Year of the Horse and commemorate the moment when both the sun and the moon begin their journey for another year.

During this Happy Lunar New Year Celebration, partake in the time-honored tradition of writing wishes of good fortune and happiness for the future to friends and family.

Sensational Sights
For this multi-cultural celebration, the Paradise Gardens and performance corridor are decked out with festive décor and a variety of continental colors.

Stroll along walkways where ornamental lanterns have been woven into the walls for passersby to enjoy. Look up and behold banners high in the sky—each presented in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese, wishing one and all a Happy Lunar New Year!

Mulan's Chinese New Year Procession
Mulan and Mushu lead a procession (at select times during each day of the celebration) along the parade route in front Paradise Gardens.

Adding to the merriment are umbrella dancers clad in brightly colored costumes. This procession ends at a fanciful photo location inside Paradise Gardens.

Disney Character Photo Opportunity
Gather your family and pose for pictures with select Disney Characters—like Mulan, Mushu, Mickey and Minnie Mouse—dressed in their best to celebrate the Lunar New Year with you!

Entertainment for All Ages
Whether you’re celebrating with young ones or you are young-at-heart, be entertained by an impressive array of authentic performers, such as:

Chinese Dragon Dancing Troupe
Lion dancers
Umbrella and fan dancers
Korean drummers
Vietnamese musicians

Tasty Treats
Ring in the Lunar New Year with sweet and special snacks.

At Bayside Brews, find:

Tsing Tao beer
Ginger milk tea
Steamed pork bao served with sweet chili sauce
Almond cookies

The Paradise Gardens food cart will also serve steamed pork bao served with sweet chili sauce and almond cookies.

Entertainment, performance times and menu items subject to change.

Memorable Mementos
Remember your remarkable time at the Happy Lunar New Year Celebration for years to come with fantastic keepsakes and collectables—like a Mulan pin, a Mulan doll and a commemorative Happy Lunar New Year Celebration t-shirt.

The artwork featured on the t-shirt also appears on red envelopes that can be purchased for the Lunar New Year gift-giving tradition.

cstephens
01-29-2014, 09:54 PM
I'm going on Saturday. Really wish they had more interesting food for these kinds of things. And especially since these celebrations are now at Paradise Gardens, they've got a nearby restaurant they can use, like they did for Viva Navidad. I'm looking forward to seeing the entertainment.

cstephens
02-02-2014, 09:25 AM
If anyone's interested, I've posted some info and pictures on my public Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/cstephens2) from our visit yesterday. You don't have to be following me or even have an account on Twitter to see it.