PDA

View Full Version : Another Desert Inn and Suites question

keschy
09-21-2003, 11:44 AM
I looked at the other Desert Inn posts but didn't find the answer to my question so I thought I'd ask here. I got a great $49 rate for next weekend (Sept. 27-28) for a deluxe room. I am just wondering if this hotel has a good view of the park? Should I ask to be facing the park or will I just end up hearing more of the traffic on harbor that way? Are there areas of the hotel that are quieter than others? Any other tips for staying at this hotel? I'm excited to stay there, it got really good reviews! Thanks!

Dexter
09-21-2003, 12:00 PM
When we stayed there we had a real good view of the Tower of Terror and part of DCA, the hotel rooms don't face the park, they technically look down harbor. If you had the curtain open in the room you would be able to see the ToT, but that's about it.

The back of the room had a window, but all we had a view of was the building behind us.

There was NO traffic noise from the resort. There was noise from the Denny's next door, but it wasn't that bad.

Lani
09-21-2003, 04:17 PM
I am just wondering if this hotel has a good view of the park?

Uh... it's a two-story motel (I think one of the buildings has a third floor). You get a view of your hallway. If you want a nice view, you can look into one of the Disneyland Resort hotels, or one of the big convention hotels like the Sheraton. But they won't be as close to the park as the Desert Inn & Suites.

Should I ask to be facing the park or will I just end up hearing more of the traffic on harbor that way?

There are no rooms facing Harbor. The rooms all face its own parking lot.

Are there areas of the hotel that are quieter than others?

I don't remember it being particularly noisy. You can ask for a quiet room, though, and I'm sure they'll give you a room out back. However, you might always end up with noisy neighbors.

JenGood008
09-21-2003, 06:17 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the hotel that's currently under MAJOR renovation?? I looked at it the other day and thought 'Boy...I'm sure glad I'm not staying there!!'. Am I thinking of the right hotel? If this is the case, there is a GOOD reason for them giving you such a cheap rate - it's a huge mess! Before I livied here, I would always stay at the Candy Cane Inn. We were always very impressed with the reasonable rates and good accomodations :)

MammaSilva
09-21-2003, 06:20 PM
We just stayed there in August and it was fine with the exception of the parking being so limited.. Clean/close and quiet...

robsmustang
09-21-2003, 08:46 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the hotel that's currently under MAJOR renovation?? I looked at it the other day and thought 'Boy...I'm sure glad I'm not staying there!!'. Am I thinking of the right hotel? no you are thinking of the desert palm. the desert inn and suites is a four story motel. the only view of disneyland you will have is from the patio on the roof or standing in front of the building on harbour blvd. if you get a room towards the front of the building you can see the ToT.

JenGood008
09-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by robsmustang
no you are thinking of the desert palm. the desert inn and suites is a four story motel. the only view of disneyland you will have is from the patio on the roof or standing in front of the building on harbour blvd. if you get a room towards the front of the building you can see the ToT.

Oops! Sorry about that! Forget everything I said...just don't stay at the Desert Palm :)