PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Question/2014 Summer Season

JoeCool
01-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Hi!
I am planning a trip to Disneyland for the third or fourth week of August, 2014. When does the summer season begin and end? I know the Haunted Mansion goes down in preparation for the Halloween season. I looked at old MP DL Resort updates but Disney also changes things?! Any insight would be so helpful.
Does anyone know when the Halloween season will begin as well because we might do another shorter trip.

candles71
01-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Halloween has begun right around the 15 th of September for the last several years.
Other than the mansion going down, I believe summer hours and entertainment go through Labor Day.

LacyBelle
01-29-2014, 02:12 PM
If they keep the timing of the past couple years, HMH would open Friday, September 12 (which is when the Halloween season would start). That would mean the mansion would probably be closed starting Monday, August 25 for the overlay work.

If the mansion is a priority for your trip, the 3rd week in August would be best.
Keep in mind, though, that's also the week that the two SoCal level APs regain access to the resort after being blocked all summer. That will impact the crowds.

As Candles stated, summer hours usually continue through Labor Day. They may start shaving an hour off the end of the day starting in the fourth week, but nothing too drastic. Summer entertainment continues throughout August.

JoeCool
01-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks.
Moderators: I moved this to Trip Planning. So you can delete that duplicate thread in Trip Planning.

JoeCool
01-29-2014, 06:42 PM
If they keep the timing of the past couple years, HMH would open Friday, September 12 (which is when the Halloween season would start). That would mean the mansion would probably be closed starting Monday, August 25 for the overlay work.

If the mansion is a priority for your trip, the 3rd week in August would be best.
Keep in mind, though, that's also the week that the two SoCal level APs regain access to the resort after being blocked all summer. That will impact the crowds.

As Candles stated, summer hours usually continue through Labor Day. They may start shaving an hour off the end of the day starting in the fourth week, but nothing too drastic. Summer entertainment continues throughout August.
It is a priority so I will plan more 3rd week of August. Thanks!!