PDA

View Full Version : What is your least favorite?

Pages : [1] 2

Nephythys
09-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Attraction at the parks?

For me- it's the Tiki Room at DL and Golden Dreams at DCA-
The Tiki Room just bores me to tears- last time I avoided it completely- it needs an update- and Golden Dreams just did nothing for me, and put my daughter to sleep- I mean- the Whoopi statues were cool- but beyond that.....

Most annoying experience-

I was on Pirates and these people in the rows in front of me kept taking flash pictures of everything- at one point standing in the boat to do so!!! I got so annoyed I asked them to stop but they didn't- I suspect they did not speak english-

Then there was the idiot with his video camera flood light on in the Haunted Mansion-

ARGH!!!!:mad:

robsmustang
09-20-2003, 09:12 PM
all of tommorrow land

sleepyjeff
09-20-2003, 09:24 PM
"Honey I shrunk the Audience" is my absolute least favorite attraction at Disneyland. (they named it right though....since it opened the audience has been shrinking and shrinking):)

My least favorite in DCA....this is hard to choose since there are so many losers in this park.....but if I had to choose just one it would be the very deppressing:( golden dreams.............who thought this should be in any theme park....let alone one that has the Disney Name on it:confused:

PS: I like the Tiki Room:)

Nephythys
09-20-2003, 09:34 PM
Really? You like the Tiki Room? Why? I mean- honestly, I'm curious- I have some nostalgic feelings for it- but other than that-

Golden Dreams was disappointing- and in fact the first time I visited DCA in 2001 I did not even go in to see what it was about- we spent most of our time on Paradise Pier and seeing Tough to be a Bug-

My only dislike of Tomorrow Land is how much they have neglected and gutted it out- I still love Space Mtn and I love Star Tours and I ate at Club Buzz alot- but is is sad to see it that way-

sleepyjeff
09-20-2003, 09:49 PM
I know the Tiki Room is not the most thrilling or the most elaborate of attractions, but when I am inside that place, I can't seem to stop grinning.

I would however love to see the whole place given a complete refurbishment.....not a touch up job.....but something that would incoporate today's technology without changing the show. Also, put in some real nice padded chairs.

:D :D :D :D :D

PsychDoc
09-21-2003, 12:46 AM
The Tiki Room Rocks! Come on, any ride that not only allows you eat and drink during it as well as selling you some right before you walk in the door has got to score points. Plus, there's never a line and it's air conditioned -- two great things when it's hot and crowded at DL. Now the actual ride, I agree, needs a little help, but it's a great start.

Tigertail777
09-21-2003, 01:37 AM
I too love the tiki room, in fact so much so that was my first fanzine issue.
It has a nice charming older atmosphere, where you dont feel you have to rush or hurry...its a bit like a 1960's time machine for polynesian culture. And it always makes me smile too.
I also wish they would update the technology to it, and add some new magic without changing the original show.. things like putting fiberoptics in the enchanted fountain, maybe have tiki gods projected on the ceiling during certain points... just little extra touches to add to the show.

Now back on topic... this is really hard for me to pick because I like sooo much at Disneyland...( well before a lot of it was changed)... one thing that really gets on my nerves is all the stores are the same offering pretty much the same merchandise, and Maint st. stores in particular dont have that turn of the century charm anymore (inside them anyways). The detailed different stores used to be a large part of the experience for me, and I absolutely hate what they have done to most of them (pieces of eight in particular, just carries junk now mostly, and well over half the time fortune red and the doubloon printing machine are out of order).
I know thats not a ride, but the stores used to be on par with the rides for themeing and variety. They added that special extra touch that was uniquely Disneyland. Now there are only a few shops that still feel special (Le Bat Enrouge is one).

Rides.... I am still thinking I can't say I dislike something without having been on it, so I cant say HISTA, or innovations cause I have never seen either one. OK I know.... (still not a ride LOL) Tarzans treehouse... I totally hate with a passion how they reversed the order of the attraction it really gets my athsma in a dither and there is no where to rest until you are at the top... I got pretty dizzy climbing that and I sure never did when it was swiss family because the order was different for getting up. Plus I am soooo angry they got rid of my fave part of the thing: the water wheel. Tarzan theme would have been ok had they not tried to kill you climbing the thing by reversing the order, and getting rid of the water wheel was a SIN.
There are a few other non-ride things that I am dissappointed they are gone: golden horseshoe revue... it was in the Guiness book of world records for the longest running consecutive show for crying out loud.. and then they ditch it?

DCA... wasn't much I did like (and yes I went, and judged it for myself) probably one of the things I disliked the most was GRR... its ok for a water attraction just like 6 flags but a little higher (YAY)... but I sure expected a lot more theming and stuff to see as you go past... faded lifevests and camping gear don't cut it. I am huge fan of theming and this just broke my heart to see how horrible the theming was done on this. Where are the animals... you are in the wilderness right? You go through a cave, california is known for its bears... where are the bears? How hard would it have been to put even limited movement figures around there like they have on the shores of rivers of America? The whole time I rode that I had to keep reminding myself: " I am not at six flags, I am not at six flags..". I know its the park icon, but color me so very NOT impressed.

mlnreplyer
09-21-2003, 06:34 AM
I got suckered into riding Gadget's Go Coaster (hyphen?), and I want those thirty-five minutes back, each and every one of them. I thought that it was just really dopey and not at all worth the wait. At DCA, pretty much anything in Flik's Fun Fair I don't like, because they don't let me ride anything due to my six-foot-threeness. And the Orange Stinger, because I rode something remarkably like that at my church carnival last year.

mrscoach
09-21-2003, 07:02 AM
The Country Bear show. It really, really bores me.

The Photographer
09-21-2003, 07:44 AM
100% beyond a shadow of a doubt, Space Mountain. My friends dragged me on right before it went into rehab and as soon as that thing started speeding up, I was screaming obscenities.

As for CA Adventure, I'd say Tuck & Roll's Drive 'em Buggies. The world's sl ow est bum p er cars zzzzzzzzzzz

jazzjunkie
09-21-2003, 08:03 AM
Tarzan's Treehouse. Zero entertainment. -_- zzZ

Anything that goes round and round (like Astro Orbiter, Dumbo etc) But King Arthur's Carousel is different ;)

Not Afraid
09-21-2003, 08:46 AM
Hands down - Innoventions. Big waste of space!:(

There are other attractions that I rarely ride, and don't like much (Autopia, Space Mt., Astro Orbitor) but there are additional reasons for that.

MammaSilva
09-21-2003, 09:21 AM
The arcade in Tomorrowland... HELLO????? If I wanted them playing video games we could have stayed HOME and saved tons of cash.....there are others but that one is the biggest dislike...I'm not crazy about the carnie games over in DCA either......

tjrj
09-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Agree with NA-Innoventions is a complete waste of space for me. As for DCA-the Orange Stinger thing(and actually most of that whole "carnival" feel area). I just can't help thinking that Walt designed Disneyland as the anti-thesis for this type of park-and here it is in the home of the original as it were.

JenGood008
09-21-2003, 10:50 AM
Hmmm...as much as I love Disneyland, there are a few things I don't like too much.

I'm definitely not a Star Wars fan to begin with, but this is like a trip back in time to the 1980's! The show and the queue need some MAJOR updating.

Oh, and here's another vote for Innoventions being the biggest waste of space. I try so hard to like it, but it just isn't gonna happen! They could do so much with that building, but I suppose it IS better than it sitting empty like it used to...right? :rolleyes:

One attraction that I haven't seen mentioned here is Mr. Lincoln. This has to be hands down my least favorite because it scares the daylights out of me!! The 3D sound is cool technology, but does anyone else get VERY freaked out by it? Also, I thought that it was strange that the sound was so realistic throughout most of the show and then when Mr. Lincoln finally came out to speak, it sounded like his voice was right in your ears instead of coming from the direction of the stage where he is. Does that make sense? Yucky:|

By the way, the Tiki Room is one of my favorites also. I agree that the technology could use an update, but they better not touch the show! :) :) :)

Freerider127
09-21-2003, 10:51 AM
I persoanlly dislike small world because its just to boring.

merlinjones
09-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Suck rides at DLR:

Innoventions
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Golden Dreams
Superstar Limo
Gadget's Go Coaster
Muppetvision 3D
Winnie-the-Pooh
Tortilla Factory
Pier Carnival Rides
Bug's Land
Games of Chance
Tarzan Treehouse (I want the Robinsons back!)
A Bug's Life

(PS: I adore the Tiki Room, a top fave - - total Walt!)

disNeytEen
09-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Innoventions :rolleyes:
what a waste of space

mrscoach
09-21-2003, 01:35 PM
I forgot about Innoventions - yeah, that one does suck. And It's a Small World I try to avoid like the plague, because of that awful song getting stuck in my head. But if we go during the Holiday season (and we usually do) then I'll go since they include Jingle Bells in the medley.

Nephythys
09-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Gosh- I must be the only one who doesn't care much for the Tiki Room- maybe if it got a facelift I would be drawn back in-

I agree about Innoventions- I guess they were going for an Epcot feel- but missed it-

I love Flik's Fun Fair because Dot's Puddle Park was one of my daughters favorite things to do- and Tough to be a Bug is great!

As for the Treehouse- I do it once when I go- because I am already walking so much I don't feel much like killing myself climbing those stairs-

Captain Josh
09-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Out of sheer self-imposed laziness, I dislike Tarzan's Treehouse, and Tom Sawyer's Island...

Actually, I like TSI, but I try to avoid the smaller cave areas...

...and despite my "self-imposed laziness" I really like the Explorer Canoes.

SacTown Chronic
09-22-2003, 08:09 AM
Least Favorite:

5) Star Tours - Not that bad of an attraction but easily the most overrrated one. The 1st time I rode it was such a HUGE letdown after all I had heard about it.

4) Tuck & Roll's Drive 'em Buggies - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. The world's slowest bumper cars.

3) Tiki Room - I love the atmoshpere but the show needs to move a little quicker.

2) Muppetvision 3D - HISTA gets bashed a lot but it is a laugh a minute compared to this snoozer.

AND MY LEAST FAVORITE......

1) Mad Tea Party - I do not like spinning. Not to mention the fact that if I did like to spin I could go to any one of two thousand places in America to ride these things.

Gemini Cricket
09-22-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Suck rides at DLR:

Innoventions
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Golden Dreams
Superstar Limo
Gadget's Go Coaster
Muppetvision 3D
Winnie-the-Pooh
Tortilla Factory
Pier Carnival Rides
Bug's Land
Games of Chance
Tarzan Treehouse (I want the Robinsons back!)

I agree with all of these except Muppetvision 3D. I like M3D because it's one of the only places in DCA that you can see animatronic characters (the 2 old men in the balcony, the chef, the rabbit and the penguin orchestra). Outside of Hopper and Flik in ITTBAB, there are no other ones in DCA.

Not only this, but I feel M3D is one of the last Muppet productions that still displays Jim Henson's signature on it. His humor was more for adults. He knew that if you made the adults laugh, kids would follow suit and laugh too. He didn't insult kids with what he and his characters said. I think the current batch of execs running his productions now don't realize that.

Innoventions ~ Many of DL's rides have sponsors, but Innoventions isn't even disguised as an attraction. It's one big commercial. Yuck!

stagedoorjonny
09-23-2003, 01:19 PM
HISTA and INNOVENTIONS are the two biggest disappointments in DL. I'm glad SSL got axed quickly. I don't like Golden Dreams but it might be good for the people from out of the area.

merlinjones
09-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room is a marvel. It's creative, immersive, beautiful, exotic, artful, gorgeous, kitschy, corny, schmaltzy, cool, cartoonish, imaginative, melodic, spirited, bizarre, unusual... wonderful.. It's truly a one-of-a-kind Walt Disney entertainment experience, the type of thing the Walt Disney Company no longer knows how to do well.

They should repair and maintain this lively and historic attraction for the ages. It's truly relevant and compelling escapism for kids of all ages.