PDA

View Full Version : Walking to the park from your hotel?

raspberries
09-20-2003, 07:02 PM
HI, we are staying at a hotel on Harbor Blvd. Could we walk to the park, and if so, what entrance should we take?. Thanks in advance!!!!

MammaSilva
09-20-2003, 07:28 PM
well you didn't mention "where" on Harbor, but if you're staying between Katella & the I-5 then the crosswalk right in front of the IHOP/Moms buffet is the entrance almost everyone uses. You can't miss it :) Hope that helps.

Nephythys
09-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Yes- if you are on that block of Harbour you can walk- I stayed at the Carousel Inn, two doors down from McDonalds and I walked- took less than 5 minutes- Of course after a long day at the parks you will wish for someone to carry you back to the hotel- but it's great to be that close-:D

mrscoach
09-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Which hotel are you at?

sleepyjeff
09-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Don't underestimate the power of a good shuttle. I stayed at the Grand Californian last June and did more walking than when I stayed a mile away at the Hyatt!

I guess there are pros and cons to both options. With a shuttle you have to do a lot of waiting. With Hotels that are on property or very close you have to do a lot of walking:)

Darkbeer
09-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Another nice benefit on staying in the Hotels on Harbor, they all offer some sort of shuttle, most use the ART system...

http://www.atnetwork.org/art_general_sys_info_fares.html

You might not need it, but at least you have the choice, if you prefer not to walk, unlike the Disney hotels, who do not offer any sort of shuttle/tram service to their three hotels.