PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Ghost Stories

Dexter
09-20-2003, 05:34 PM
I found this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16246&perpage=25&highlight=Ghost%20Stories&pagenumber=3) originally opened by Laffite asking if Disneyland was haunted.

From what I read, some people contributed a story or two that they found or knew of, while I could dredge it up, I just decided to open a new thread asking specifically for ghost stories from the park. If you don't believe in ghosts, that's great, this thread isn't the place to debate that.

Cast members, guests it doesn't matter, if you have a ghost story to share from Disneyland (or even DCA) I'm sure we'd all love to read it!

(I'm trying to get in the halloweenish mood);)

DisneyFan25863
09-20-2003, 06:04 PM
From that thread:

Orginally Posted by Me[b]I saw a figure walking around Fantsyland who then disappered, and who looked alot like Walt. I also saw this same figure riding one of the orginal Autopia cars around the new track, and when I blinked, it was gone....[b]

:eek: :fez:

Nephythys
09-20-2003, 06:25 PM
When I was at the park when I was about 15- I was riding the Haunted Mansion. There were two people in the Doom Buggy behind mine and as we wound our way through the house- they disappeared! One moment they were there and the next they just weren't- I don't recall what part of the ride they vanished on- all I know is that they were gone! And when I got off the ride they still did not show up- I figured that if they had bailed off the ride we would have noticed something- but everyone acted like nothing had happened-

I know the Mansion is somewhat cliche for this story- but this really happened!

Disneyphile
09-20-2003, 11:30 PM
When I worked there, I got to speak with a late-night maintenance person who told me about a facilities CM who quit after one week of closing Main Street.

She would check the upstairs offices to make sure lights were off, and didn't know she was to leave the window light in Walt's firehouse apartment alone, so she turned it off. And when she came downstairs and looked back up at the windows to make sure she got all the lights, Walt's lamp was on. So, she went back to turn it off again, and it was lit by the time she got back downstairs. The next night, she decided to unplug it, and once again, it was lit. She supposedly quit because of that, and the maintenance person told me they leave that lamp on 24/7, and the bulb has never needed to be replaced. :eek:

Laffite
09-20-2003, 11:41 PM
Since the incident with the ashes in the Mansion, I bet you'll hear some new stories this coming seasons.

Preston

Nephythys
09-21-2003, 07:38 AM
Incident with the ashes???

HBTiggerFan
09-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Nephythys
Incident with the ashes???

Someone decided to dump ashes out in the Haunted Mansion (not considering the health hazard or the fact they would be vacuumed up). The ride was closed, evacuated and HazMat called in.

Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12381&highlight=Haunted+Mansion+Ashes) is the link to that thread.

Nephythys
09-21-2003, 10:34 AM
OH MY-
But truth be told I was thinking it would be cool to have your remains be left at Haunted Mansion- but I am thinking that is would be better to leave the urn on a shelf or something in one of the rooms- not scattered!

Just put mine in the room with the coffin- and I will be happy-:D

disNeytEen
09-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Creepy, did they get rid of them our are they still inside the ride!

Disneyphile
09-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Don't forget about that human skull and crossbones on the Captain's Quarteres bed in POTC.;)

Nephythys
09-21-2003, 06:54 PM
I had heard that those were real- at least the crossbones part of it- if not the skull-

OOOO- creepy-:D