PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Villas

Drince88
01-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Are the Villas at the Grand Californian available for cash purchases, like the DVC resorts in WDW are? Particularly a 2Br or more?

Mermaid
01-21-2014, 01:33 PM
I really have no idea, but I would guess not often since there are so few villas. One option might be to go through a point rental site like DVC rentals by David and rent the points needed for the stay. I think this is cheaper for WDW villas, so I would think it would be cheaper for CA too.

Drince88
01-21-2014, 02:33 PM
I agree it would probably be cheaper - but I kind of wanted to first find out the cash cost so I could do the comparison. And I couldn't find anything on the DL website even acknowledging there are villas there.

(Also wasn't sure how easy it would be to get them with the limited quantity, through a point rental)

currence
01-21-2014, 03:16 PM
I peaked at their website a little and you're right (of course) that there's nothing there. This may be one of those times when you have to call? I know that they don't often have rooms available, but I assume that they would rent them for cash if they did.

GusMan
01-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Drince, In theory, yes, they are available for cash bookings.
Demand is high due to the limited number of rooms, though, so you would probably have to call to find out what might be available. (And keep calling back till you give up.)

A point referral is probably your best bet. Even with some of them being a bit more than usual these days, its still going to save you some $$ over a cash rental.