PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Future

Napsto
04-30-2001, 03:08 PM
I love the BTTF movies but the ride really has gotten old:( . is there a bttf in florida?

Diz
05-01-2001, 05:09 PM
Ther is a back to the future in Florida as well as Japan

dgthx
05-01-2001, 07:21 PM
I never was very fond of the ride. I found it to be too jerky and kind of boring.

Dreamfinder's Shadow
05-06-2001, 10:09 PM
The ride in Florida is horrible. I get injured every time I ride it. The worst seat is the back right. That will give you a concussion every time!!!

Kram Sacul
05-08-2001, 06:31 PM
You're all crazy. BTTF The Ride has to be the best motion simulator I've been on. The movies it's based on are pretty darn good too, like Star Tours. Now compare those two to HISTA.

Doodle Duck
05-09-2001, 10:39 AM
Mark I'm with ya on that one! A great ride and for its time very innovative and a HUGE project.
It is getting on in years though but still packs an entertainment wallop as well as the occasional neck ache.
DO NOT sit in the back seat. Sit in front and lean forward a bit...or don't ride. It is after all a ride for RIDERS!

analog8
05-09-2001, 11:35 AM
Back to the Future is an awesome ride, but what I want to know is when is Back to the Future going to be released on DVD!?!

Dreamfinder's Shadow
05-09-2001, 10:37 PM
Let me refine my statement. The simulator is very good and extremely effective. The film is quite good but the overall experience is horrible because Universal doesn't know how to make a good ride vehicle for that attraction. I can take just about anything and as bad as any simulator is in terms of whiplash or no matter how rough or intense a coaster is, the only ride I've ever been on that I had no desire to continue with my day at a park was BTTF the Ride. I was rattled and had my head bumped around against hard plastic or metal to the point of being THAT uncomfortable. Maybe if they had some padding it could be better but when your head is getting slammed against very hard portions of the ride vehicle, it kind of puts a downer on the whole experience. I'd rather ride an old coaster at Busch Gardens like the Scorpion or Python 50 times straight then go on BTTF once, and those are both quite rough.

AK Wolf
05-09-2001, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by analog8
Back to the Future is an awesome ride, but what I want to know is when is Back to the Future going to be released on DVD!?!

I could have sworn I read something somewhere about this finally being released in a special edition (possibly a 3-disc set) on DVD sometime near the end of this year, but I could be wrong... I'll have to do a little investigating, and see what I can find...

ArcadeJunkie
05-23-2001, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by analog8

It was held up in litigation over the Eric Stoltz footage (he was the original Marty McFly - partway through shooting, they dropped him and went back to their first choice: Michael J. Fox). BTW, Universal lost and the footage will never be seen by the public.

Supposedly, BTTF is coming out later this year with parts 2 and 3 to follow.

For the complete twisted timeline, visit http://www.bttf.com/dvd/.

Chris

Napsto
05-23-2001, 09:31 AM
are all the back to the future rides the same? or are they different in each park? in hollywood, they are chasing biff through time. i also loved the store that had all the cool back to the future stuff!! also, I am waiting for the dvd also!!!!!!!!

AnimeNut
05-30-2001, 01:51 PM
Hey, everybody!

The differences between the Hollywood and Orlando versions is marginal at best. The big one would have to be the arrangement of the queue.

In Orlando, you start at the ride's 1st floor. At the checkpoint, there are 2 different ramps you'll be directed to. Both ramps go up. I can't remember which floor the left ramp leads to, so be sure to ask the employee for the 2nd floor. That increases your chances of getting a good view of the screen significantly. Once you actually enter the building interior, the ride is completely identical to Hollywood's.

In Hollywood, you start at the ride's 2nd floor. At the checkpoint, one ramp leads up to the 3rd floor, while the second ramp leads down to the 1st floor. Ask the employee to stay on the current floor. If you take either of the ramps, you might as well head for one of the emergency exits and start all over.

In both rides, the simulator has this tendency to vibrate extremely hard for no apparent reason. I mean, the vibration does not correspond with the on-screen events. This happens more often in the Hollywood ride -- which is odd, considering that Orlando's was built first.

FantasmicFan82
07-17-2001, 08:43 PM
"Back-ache To The Future" too jerky for most, but still an OK ride.

Lacrosse Boy
10-20-2001, 11:11 AM
Not my favorite.

coronamouseman
10-26-2001, 04:51 PM
Hey guys - the ride is supposed to be bumpy! It's a flying car for God's sake! Have you ever ridden in a light plane before? They go all over the place so this ride is very life-like in that respect.

Compare the visual sensations of this ride (where you don't really see the other cars to your side unless you look for them) versus that idiotic California Adventure Soarin' ride where the feet of the people above you are dangling in your face.

This ride is a classis in that it combines great effects with a popular movie theme - it doesn't get any better than this!

mrcoffee
10-26-2001, 05:06 PM
I was disappointed with the ride.. I thought it was neat how you go throug the queue (once you get inside, it's kind of boring in the queue before that), and then into the little room before the ride.

But as for not seeing the other cars unless you look? I thought it was pretty obvious to see them..

Thomas