PDA

View Full Version : Has anything been done differently with the mansion?

HeavenOnEarth
01-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Has anything been done differently with the mansion?

cstephens
01-19-2014, 09:00 AM
Not really understanding your question. When they take off the Haunted Mansion Holiday, they pretty much just put it back to the way it was. It didn't look open yesterday, but then, I was there really early.

olegc
01-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Saturday night the audio seemed much more clear and bright. I could even hear the din of party goers in the ballroom sequence. But this could be just new to me.

DwarfPlanet
01-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Saturday night the audio seemed much more clear and bright. I could even hear the din of party goers in the ballroom sequence. But this could be just new to me.

I think it depends on which Doom Buggy you get. I know on visits when we have ridden numerous times I've been in one (car) that you can hear everything clearly and others that sound like its underwater.

cstephens
01-20-2014, 09:36 AM
It didn't look open yesterday, but then, I was there really early.

I realized after I posted this that I saw it when I was on the 5K or 10K run, so of course it wasn't open yet. Duh.

HeavenOnEarth
01-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Not really understanding your question. When they take off the Haunted Mansion Holiday, they pretty much just put it back to the way it was. It didn't look open yesterday, but then, I was there really early.

I was really hoping that they would incorperate the HatBox Ghost back into the Mansion. But to answer your previous question...I meant anything new that Disney did with the re-open. Thanks

olegc
01-20-2014, 12:16 PM
I was really hoping that they would incorperate the HatBox Ghost back into the Mansion. But to answer your previous question...I meant anything new that Disney did with the re-open. Thanks

I think everytime the mansion goes through transformation back and forth folks get thinking they would add stuff. Adding any new animatronic or scene probably would take a lot longer than the 10 days it took to bring the mansion back to what it was before becoming HMH. And its the Resort enhancement team (not imagineering) that actually puts the mansion show back to where its supposed to be (according to their director, David Caranci) So if indeed anything were to be added you'd hear about it. And, as always, the hatbox ghost rumor is strong yet WDI has said repeatedly its not on a plan to bring back. They did not say never, and I guess its fund to speculate, but...

HeavenOnEarth
01-20-2014, 02:32 PM
I think everytime the mansion goes through transformation back and forth folks get thinking they would add stuff. Adding any new animatronic or scene probably would take a lot longer than the 10 days it took to bring the mansion back to what it was before becoming HMH. And its the Resort enhancement team (not imagineering) that actually puts the mansion show back to where its supposed to be (according to their director, David Caranci) So if indeed anything were to be added you'd hear about it. And, as always, the hatbox ghost rumor is strong yet WDI has said repeatedly its not on a plan to bring back. They did not say never, and I guess its fund to speculate, but...

Thanks for the reply... I dont understand as to why they are so against adding such a cool and magical ghost to the already 999 Happy Haunts :-)

olegc
01-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the reply... I dont understand as to why they are so against adding such a cool and magical ghost to the already 999 Happy Haunts :-)

the main reason as explained by Tony Baxter and others is that the effect does not work. They can't get the head to appear to move between the ghost and the hatbox regularly - and knowing Disney they would not put out a character less than 100%. If I recall it did not work that well when originally installed and only lasted a few weeks.

HeavenOnEarth
01-21-2014, 08:41 AM
the main reason as explained by Tony Baxter and others is that the effect does not work. They can't get the head to appear to move between the ghost and the hatbox regularly - and knowing Disney they would not put out a character less than 100%. If I recall it did not work that well when originally installed and only lasted a few weeks.

Hmmm...Ive seen the illusion thing in the Pinochio ride, where the fairy god mother appears then disapears in the ride...seems to be the same concept. Oh well

corona
01-21-2014, 11:32 AM
There has definitely been a lighting change - discussed for several days. I saw it Monday. In particular, the "Here kitty, kitty" skeleton scene is now so dark that no cat is visible. One idea is that work on Club 33 somehow affected the electrical infrastructure of the ride. I think it more likely that the cat has been moved backstage for grooming.

DwarfPlanet
01-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Hmmm...Ive seen the illusion thing in the Pinochio ride, where the fairy god mother appears then disapears in the ride...seems to be the same concept. Oh well

Thats the Pepper's ghost illusion which is the same thing as the ballroom. If you turn around and look back in Pinochio you can see the Blue Fairy animatronic. I think the hat box ghost was/is a different process.

meballard
01-27-2014, 09:51 AM
They didn't use any of the new tech installed for the elevator or the paintings, that was changed back to normal.

I didn't notice anything particularly different in the 2 times I had ridden since back to normal, other than they did normal maintenance to keep everything clean. I did notice a faux pas - in the graveyard scene with the woman holding a glass out of the coffin, you can see the mounting point for the arm...

HeavenOnEarth
01-27-2014, 10:44 AM
They didn't use any of the new tech installed for the elevator or the paintings, that was changed back to normal.

I didn't notice anything particularly different in the 2 times I had ridden since back to normal, other than they did normal maintenance to keep everything clean. I did notice a faux pas - in the graveyard scene with the woman holding a glass out of the coffin, you can see the mounting point for the arm...

Thanks for the Update

sjhanksaz
01-28-2014, 11:34 AM
I wish they would add the stair room like they have in Disney World. THose foot prints were really creepy. Not sure if they really have the space but if it could be done in the loading area, way cool

DwarfPlanet
01-29-2014, 10:27 AM
I wish they would add the stair room like they have in Disney World. THose foot prints were really creepy. Not sure if they really have the space but if it could be done in the loading area, way cool

Yeah the loading area would be a great place to put it, abit of "things to come" imagineering.

spectromen
01-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Everything looks pretty good overall to me; the one exception being that the black lights that illuminate the first ghost band to the left in the graveyard look very, very dim. The costumes either aren't reflecting well or the light tubes need replacement.

DaDuckFan1955
02-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Something we noticed while at Walt Disney Magic Kingdom in Florida, when you exit the stretching room you can easily hear voices and bats flapping, wish they would enhance the California HM to do the same, it's a small effect, but very nice.

sjhanksaz
02-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Has anything been done differently with the mansion?

Not sure how long ago you last went but a few years ago they updated the attic room and added a storyline about a wife you who has killed multiple past husbands with an axe

HeavenOnEarth
02-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Not sure how long ago you last went but a few years ago they updated the attic room and added a storyline about a wife you who has killed multiple past husbands with an axe

Yea...the family and I go quit a bit being AP's...but thanks for reply.

HeavenOnEarth
02-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Was just at the parks...Okay I offically like the Mansion the way its supposed to be. Dont get me wrong the Nightmare Before Xmas theme is cool...but the whole Xmas thing gets so played out even way before and after the holiday. Any ways...man, what a number those Holiday decorations did to the walls (in the Stratching room) and in the Dining room scene...big chunks and rips of wall paper gone :-( Also noticed that the shooting paintings were not working either. Its a shame that Jack tore up the halls to such a classic attraction.

sjhanksaz
02-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Was just at the parks...Okay I offically like the Mansion the way its supposed to be. Dont get me wrong the Nightmare Before Xmas theme is cool...but the whole Xmas thing gets so played out even way before and after the holiday. Any ways...man, what a number those Holiday decorations did to the walls (in the Stratching room) and in the Dining room scene...big chunks and rips of wall paper gone :-( Also noticed that the shooting paintings were not working either. Its a shame that Jack tore up the halls to such a classic attraction.

Don't most haunted homes have wall paper falling off?

skimbob
02-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Something we noticed while at Walt Disney Magic Kingdom in Florida, when you exit the stretching room you can easily hear voices and bats flapping, wish they would enhance the California HM to do the same, it's a small effect, but very nice.

You can also hear the gargoyles better and their get out if you happen to be the last one in the elevator. This is something I learned in one of the Disney books. I have told cast members who were not aware of this and I have actually had them stand there with me listening.

I like the stair effect too. They need something at the beginning as you load the doom buggies. I also wish they would put the final effect in as well with the interactive hitchiking ghosts

HeavenOnEarth
02-24-2014, 08:10 AM
You can also hear the gargoyles better and their get out if you happen to be the last one in the elevator. This is something I learned in one of the Disney books. I have told cast members who were not aware of this and I have actually had them stand there with me listening.

I like the stair effect too. They need something at the beginning as you load the doom buggies. I also wish they would put the final effect in as well with the interactive hitchiking ghosts

Is this affect only at WDW or can it be heard at DL as well?

Thanks