PDA

View Full Version : Talk about BAD park fashion

oohykitten
09-19-2003, 08:21 PM
:~D

http://i.teenblvd.com/media/photos/1373/39207.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find the old "bad fashion" thread.

Mod Note: image size exceeds maximum limit, changed tags to link. Adrienne K

SoCalSnowWhite
09-20-2003, 12:21 AM
Looks like she's wearing PJ's. C'mon Xtina, you're a young beautiful rich girl, buy some nice clothes!
:(

TruCinderella
09-20-2003, 02:42 AM
i find it even more amusing the ride shes in front of- one of the less unknown rides in disney :) I didnt know of it until I had friends who worked it

Haldwitten
09-20-2003, 05:31 AM
Sorry to be a grammar nazi, but it took me a second to figure out the phrase "less unknown," which technically means "it's really known about." I think the phrase you meant was either "lesser known" or "most unknown." :geek: :~D

oohykitten
09-20-2003, 09:52 AM
sorry about not linking. I think she took the photo infront of the only working, non dark ride ;)

Bill Catherall
09-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by TruCinderella
i find it even more amusing the ride shes in front of- one of the less unknown rides in disney :) I didnt know of it until I had friends who worked it Really? :confused: That's odd. How could anyone not know of it?

Haldwitten
09-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
Really? :confused: That's odd. How could anyone not know of it?

I wondered that, too. I mean... it's HUGE... and right there at the hub where everyone has to pass. Not to mention the rockets filled with people spinning around and the line waiting to ride.

Course, I shouldn't be surprised. Giving directions once, I told a lady to enter Fantasyland through the castle. She looked at me incredulously and said, "There's a castle here?"

TruCinderella
09-20-2003, 04:07 PM
well ok i guess those who visit the park on a scheduled basis may know...even when i started working there i didnt know there was astro(but once you work in tomorrowland you kinda learn about it).....it then led me to ask a few people who had been to disney several times if they knew of the ride- the majority didnt

Bill Catherall
09-20-2003, 04:08 PM
Are these the same people who can't find the nose on their face? ;)

MouseWife
09-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Are these the same people who can't find the nose on their face? ;)

Hey, I can find the nose on my face {just no Jeep in my driveway}.

I remember hearing about this ride opening. That is a part of the park that I rarely go by. I swear, when I saw it last I was like 'Wow' {duh}. I had completely forgotten about it.

Christina, ah, what ever.

Bill Catherall
09-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
That is a part of the park that I rarely go by. You rarely walk by the hub?

I find this very amazing that there are people who don't know about this ride. It used to sit high atop the People Mover queue where you couldn't miss it. It was one of the bigger weenies* of the park. Now it's place inconspicuously right out in front of Tomorrowland where, again, you can't miss it.

It's like hearing people are surprised to find out there's a Matterhorn. :eek:

*Weenie: Something that gets your attention.

MouseWife
09-20-2003, 09:42 PM
You rarely walk by the hub?

*Weenie: Something that gets your attention.

Well, amazingly, we always seem to go the same way~ Main Street to Adventureland. Ride those rides, go to Splash, come back up behind through to Fantasyland to Toon Town up the downside to Tomorrowland and then somehow we do not exit that way. I think we go back through Fantasyland and then back out Main Street. We go to the center of Tomorrowland but rarely exit that way.

We won't even go there about the weenie. :rolleyes:

cemeinke
09-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by oohykitten
:~D

http://i.teenblvd.com/media/photos/1373/39207.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find the old "bad fashion" thread.

Eh, she's got the body to pull off the look - I've no problem with that.

TruCinderella
09-20-2003, 11:04 PM
i think you forget the entire world is not disney insane(or disney smart-whichever you prefer)- astro is not a main ride- it is not known despite its size. face the fact that there are people who dont know all the rides. and if think about it- if you (like most normal people) only go to disney every few years, when you walk in theres alot to see and astro from what ive been told doesnt seem to be the thing that catches peoples attenion.

but then again i think alot of people get off mainstreet and go left- tomorrowland just isnt that great anymore (most people are amazed to hear about inno. or HISTA- i know this i work in TL and everytime people ask whats good besides the "little cars" and i tell them about these they then give me a look of amazement-yet they have the little maps in thier hand while they give me these sad looks...:) )

Haldwitten
09-21-2003, 01:09 AM
But it's a giant spinning thingy with rockets and people IN THEM. I can understand not knowing about HISTA or maybe even Pirates where you can't see the "ride" from outside and have trouble finding the entrance. But come on... not noticing a tall spinning Victorian-looking space doo-dad is not really that observant.

Reminds me back in college when one of my friends came out of his dorm room and passed a gurney with a body in a bag about to be loaded into the coroner's van. We watched him from OUR dorm room walk right through all that as he was coming up to see us. We asked him what was going on... and he asked, "Where?" We took him to the window and showed him what he walked through completely unaware. I mean... it was one thing to walk through past the coroner's van... but to pass the fire truck and numerous police cars with their lights flashing should have gotten his attention.

Makes me wonder what else he's missed in life. "Hey, Eric.... did you just see Bigfoot dancing the Charleston with the Queen of England?" "Where?" "Over there... BY THE ASTRO-ORBITOR!!!"

Tigertail777
09-21-2003, 01:53 AM
I had a hard time even getting near Tomorrowland when we went in July of last year, it just felt too depressing seeing nothing much really move. I am pretty sure I saw a top part of the orbiter thing from the hub, but if I remember correctly something was blocking off a majority of it, and from that view it seemed for all the world like some big moving sculpture or mobile. It looked like almost anything but a ride, I sure dont remember seeing people on it at all. Tryng to recall... must have been that moving shiny thing across the little mermaid little lagoon... sorry the kinetics of the dancing water in the lagoon seemed more interesting.
Oh now that I think of it, I think we may have walked by it once the whole trip... I seem to recall it looking totally underwhelming and not very fun (and there was no line and maybe 3 people getting on I think). It just doesn't stand out in my memory much...just something blah and underwhelming... there was lots of other better stuff to see, like riding the Mark Twain for the first time in my adult life.

MammaSilva
09-21-2003, 07:33 AM
Our last trip in August, we didn't even set foot in Tomorrowland....the niece asked to ride Autopia but we never made it over there. We did 'ride' past on the train but that was as close as we got.

As for Christina....what she had on .. not something I'd let Brandy wear but not as bad as some fashion oops I've seen in the parks... but WHAT is the deal with that hat...was she trying to go incognitio or something cuz if she was.. it didn't work....and was fugly besides!

Nephythys
09-21-2003, 07:41 AM
Ok- I know where the Astro-Orbiter is- and I even rode it last time I was there- but unlike many people here I have NO clue who that is in the pic-

Bill Catherall
09-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
We won't even go there about the weenie. :rolleyes: Don't blame me. That's the word Walt used. It's standard Disney vernacular. ;)

rexfarms
09-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Don't blame me. That's the word Walt used. It's standard Disney vernacular. ;)
Excuse me, I'm confused. :confused:

Bill Catherall
09-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Alright, I tried giving the short definition of a weenie, but I guess that fell short. I tried looking up a source on the web but couldn't find one (in my very brief search) that answered it fully. Doing a search on the MousePlanet site will reveal several articles using the word "weenie" including one that tells you the difference between a weenie and a carrot.

A weenie is a landmark that grabs your attention and that you can walk up to (that's what makes it different from a carrot). Something you see off in the distance. Standing at the Main Street Train Station you look down Main Street and see the castle, a weenie. It grabs your attention and draws you in. It makes you want to go down there and explore it. As you approach the castle you look to the right and you see the Matterhorn, another weenie. There are weenies all over the park that get your attention, draw you in that direction, and make you want to explore and see more.

rexfarms
09-21-2003, 02:40 PM
I had no idea of this. Thanks for telling me. Learn something new everyday.

MouseWife
09-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Bill.

Like rexfarms, I learn something new every day. :D