PDA

View Full Version : This is what has replaced the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show

biolabetty
01-11-2014, 06:59 PM
http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/01/10/photos-frontierland-troupe-brings-rare-characters-disneyland-weekends-may/ Disappointing, to say the least.

Blacksheep Uncle
01-11-2014, 08:32 PM
They have been had character meet-n-greets back there for a while completely seperate from the Billies...I don't think the characters are there to replace them.

oregontraveler
01-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I 'd say its only temporary, but mostly because its the slow season right now. I went to one of the first Long Lost Friends weekend in 2011, it was a blast.

3Princesses1Prince
01-11-2014, 09:39 PM
I've seen most of them (except the mice and Robin Hood characters) at one point or another in the past. The only ones I'd go out there to see is Robin Hood and Friar Tuck.

cstephens
01-11-2014, 10:19 PM
http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/01/10/photos-frontierland-troupe-brings-rare-characters-disneyland-weekends-may/ Disappointing, to say the least.

Nope, not a replacement. I've seen the tweets today about the rare characters meet and greet, which they've had as a Limited Time Magic promotion for a year or two now.

I've seen most of them (except the mice and Robin Hood characters) at one point or another in the past. The only ones I'd go out there to see is Robin Hood and Friar Tuck.

They had them during one of the Limited Time Magic meet and greets. They're the only ones the husband wanted to specifically make a visit to see and get pictures with.

biolabetty
01-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Thankful to hear it is not a replacement. I'm old enough to have heard Count Basie perform at Disneyland, and would love to have them bring in some entertainment that would appeal to an older crowd.

Gone2Disneyland
01-12-2014, 08:05 AM
I agree with the consensus, it's not a replacement but a continuation of the Limited Time Magic that's been held in the Jamboree area over the past year. I want to say that Billy Hill and the Hillbillies had scheduled performances during the same time in the past. Since no acts have been announced, I'd say this is just an easy, money-saving way to still draw guests back here for a reason they'd enjoy.

Like a lot of folks, I'm curious to see what acts are announced that in essence "replace" the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies shows. But as I write this, I realize I'm also loading my guns and preparing to take pot shots at the news, and that's not really fair.