PDA

View Full Version : BW Park Place Inn

karpamonti
09-19-2003, 06:39 AM
My family will be staying here in November for the first time. Has anyone had a good or bad experience? What do they have for their breakfast selection? We love the location since we will be taking our 1 year old daughter. Any and all comments would be appreciated! Thanks :)

MammaSilva
09-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Hi there, first off.. location location location, you really can't get any closer to the parks unless you stay at the Grand Californian!

We stayed at this hotel last from 12-30 thru 1-2 this/last year and LOVED it.. the breakfast wasn't worth the trip upstairs IMHO but believe me.. walk across the crosswalk .. straight into the parking lot and to your room.....it was wonderful! The room was clean, fridge/microwave and mini coffee maker standard.. we had a standard queen/queen room and were fine.

Here are a few other reviews (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/offsite/2_dl/dl_offsite.htm) of the property.

Hope that helps.

dsnylndmom
09-19-2003, 08:28 AM
We stayed this past April and loved it. We had a "mini-suite" it was vErY spacious! Lotsa of room for our stuff, the stroller and all the stuff we bought! We'd defintely stay there again!

disneychelle
09-19-2003, 09:33 AM
I totally agree w/mamasilva this is the best for location a 5-7 min walk to the parks tops!!! Okay, it feels like 10 min comming back bit thats just cause your exhausted!! LOL
It's a great hotel the rooms are really nice and the employees were a great help too! Have a wonderful trip! :cool:

Lani
09-19-2003, 09:39 AM
You can't go wrong with this particular Best Western if you want to be close to the entrance. It's clean, comfortable, and quiet. What more can you ask for?

Pat-n-Eil
09-19-2003, 09:47 AM
We've stayed there twice before and if we don't have a special discount or if we're not staying at a Disney Property, the Park Place Inn is our choice.

Mom's restaurant is next door and it is okay. Location is great, and the room was acceptably clean. We will probably stay there again in the future.

My only caveat is that the parking can be atrocious. We drove in there and parked one time and the next day the other cars were so close to us that we couldn't open either side door. Good thing we weren't going anywhere else. We got lucky that the car on the left was gone when we went to check out.

Sheila
09-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Here are the most recent reviews for this property in our Review System:

Best Western Park Place Inn (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrbestwesternparkplaceinn)

Sheila

SoCalSnowWhite
09-19-2003, 11:22 AM
We've stayed here once and I thought it was great. The rooms were pretty spacious and very quiet. We got the choice of the free continental breakfast upstairs or a free pancake breakfast downstairs at Mom's restaurant next door. We chose upstairs and were not impressed, I think the downstairs is only the pancake plate though. You'd have to buy your own drink.

The hotel itself was very nice and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

tod
09-19-2003, 02:15 PM
There are tons of motels all around Disneyland. The Park Place is one of them. The Lovely Mrs. tod and I have stayed there several times, both before and after we had kids (including one memorable night when there was a 4.0 quake and we were the only guests who did not call the front desk and demand an explanation) and we have enjoyed staying there. I particularly like the contimental breakfast that you can access in your pj's and can send the kids out for seconds.

The main advantage of the Park Place, however, is its location, which is right next to the crosswalk leading into the Disneyland Resort. When you are dragging your [backside] on the way back and every step -- every inch -- counts, you can't do better.

--T
:fez:

stinkerbell
09-19-2003, 03:55 PM
I loved the rooms and location, of course! I didn't mind the continental breakfast upstairs at Mom's. It was juice, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, milk, three types of cereal, bagels, toast, english muffins, and fresh fruit that was actually of pretty good quality. Overall, not too shabby. I've certainly had way, way worse.

Have fun!

Elly
09-20-2003, 09:18 PM
We have stayed there numerous times. I think the rooms are a bit above average in that there is a sitting area with a couch giving the family a bit more room than usual. The breakfast upstairs is, as several have stated, the standard continental fare. I had no complaints with it. If you want a bigger, hot breakfast you can eat downstairs, but the beverages do cost extra and that can add up pretty quickly. The only thing I think is not the greatest is the pool. It is pretty small and utilitarian. But with a little one, you probably won't be spending too much time there anyway. There is also a small mini-mart type store next door which is really handy. I know you will love the location.

karpamonti
09-22-2003, 06:22 AM
Thanks so much for all the feedback! Sounds like we picked a great place to stay! I am sure we will have a blast! Thanks again!