PDA

View Full Version : Does Disney Head have Genuine creative Influence?

ryguy
09-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Michael Eisner Americas top of the elite CEO's has no Imagination. He sits high above the world in his Burbank office enjoying the fruits of Walts' labors while not contributing any creative or artistic proposals. The only contributions given are those of more profit and revenue for his pockets already full of the cash on ideas from a dreamer from the midwest, my question is should the Disney Corp. be controlled by someone with no creative or artistic background and talent?

Morrigoon
09-19-2003, 01:05 AM
Oh Eisner's contributed creative ideas.... they just suck.

gliterrboy
09-19-2003, 09:52 AM
I am not an expert on this topic, but the way I see it is there needs to be a team running the company, like Walt & Roy. One who is able to focus more energy on creativity, and one that focuses more on the business aspect. Because in all honesty Disney is a HUGE corporation that someone with JUST a creative background could NOT run on their own. If you found someone with an art degree AND an MBA, that might work (but, isn't that what Eisner has?). So there is no perfect formula for a new CEO that could save the company. They just should care about making creative inovations and advancements through the park and the films. Someone who isn't afraid of taking a risk. Thats what Walt consitantly did, things people told him would never work. I think the current administration is too afraid to do anything near Walt's caliber because their mind is on the bottom line instead of the world of posibilities in front of them. Well, that's my opinion at least! :D