PDA

View Full Version : Thor Question

Pages : [1] 2

BlkPearlCptn
01-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know how long Thor will be around for his meet and greet? Not sure if I will be able to get down for a while. While not Chris Helmsworth, the pics I've seen of Thor shows him to be some nice eye candy. lol

cstephens
01-06-2014, 06:17 PM
I don't believe they've released an end date. I've heard there are three different stand-ins for Thor. The one I got was definitely not going to be mistaken for Chris Hemsworth.

moofeet
01-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Looked Pretty spot on to me!! ;)

BlkPearlCptn
01-08-2014, 07:04 AM
Thanks. Maybe I'll still have a chance to meet him. The pics of the one I saw looked a lot like Chris and my my my he sure was purdy!

CariBelle
01-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Is this in DL or DCA? Sorry, I'm behind on my park updates!

olegc
01-08-2014, 08:53 AM

innoventions in DL

CariBelle
01-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Thanks!

cstephens
01-08-2014, 10:15 AM

It's in Disneyland, upper level of Innoventions, next to where the Iron Man suits/props exhibit is.

Here's what Thor looked like on the day I went to meet him. (http://www.twitpic.com/dmd02y)

CariBelle
01-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Thanks! We are only going to DCA this trip, sad to miss out on the exhibit!

BlkPearlCptn
01-08-2014, 10:39 AM
It's in Disneyland, upper level of Innoventions, next to where the Iron Man suits/props exhibit is.

Here's what Thor looked like on the day I went to meet him. (http://www.twitpic.com/dmd02y)

That isn't the Thor I saw pics of, but still pretty impressive. There is a viral video out of Thor "prancerising" down a street that is absolutely hysterical. What makes it even more funny is whoever is portraying Thor is a dead ringer for Chris Hemsworth. It makes you look twice. Can't find it now or I would link to it.

cstephens
01-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Oh, well, in that case, you can have this one! He seemed way too skinny to me. I'm told there's one that looks a lot more like Chris, so I'll hold out for that one. ;)

cstephens
01-10-2014, 09:26 AM
This announcement about a Captain America meet and greet coming in early April (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?203757-Meet-Captain-America-from-‘Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier’-This-Spring-at-Disney)was posted today. My guess is that it would replace the Thor meet and greet as I don't think there's room there for both. It says the Iron Man Tech and Treasures of Asgard will still be there, but those are both exhibits.

BlkPearlCptn
01-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the head's up. I'm going to try and get down there while Thor is still there. Of course, then I will have to turn around and meet Cap! lol

Scary Kitty
01-10-2014, 11:19 AM
This announcement about a Captain America meet and greet coming in early April (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?203757-Meet-Captain-America-from-‘Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier’-This-Spring-at-Disney)was posted today. My guess is that it would replace the Thor meet and greet as I don't think there's room there for both. It says the Iron Man Tech and Treasures of Asgard will still be there, but those are both exhibits.

I think the Thor meet and greet will be staying. I was just there on Monday and there's a new set of construction walls blocking off a portion of the floor past the gaming area and before you get to what I call the "Marvel Corner" where the Iron Man Tech and Treasures of Asgard exhibits are. (I'm not very familiar with Innoventions outside of the Marvel exhibits, so I don't know what used to be in this area) I wondered at the time if they would be adding some sort of Captain America-related experience as it looked to me like there would be enough room in that walled off section to house another prop/costume exhibit and meet and greet area, and the timing of the walls going up certainly seems about right to get something up for the film's release.

The way things are going, Disney may have to rename Innoventions "Avengers HQ" or something like that. :~D

3Princesses1Prince
01-10-2014, 11:36 AM
The way things are going, Disney may have to rename Innoventions "Avengers HQ" or something like that. :~D
I've thought this since they announced adding Thor.

oregontraveler
01-10-2014, 11:46 AM
...or S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters.

candles71
01-10-2014, 12:27 PM

*LIKE*

I think putting them in Innoventions is a great compromise for everyone who doesn't want to see Marvel characters roaming Disneyland. They are there and accessible, but not in your face.

Scary Kitty
01-10-2014, 12:40 PM

Indeed. :cool:

*LIKE*

I think putting them in Innoventions is a great compromise for everyone who doesn't want to see Marvel characters roaming Disneyland. They are there and accessible, but not in your face.

*nods* And more convenient for those who are interested in seeing Marvel characters, as it gives them a sort of Fantasy Faire-like one-stop-shop for everything.

cstephens
01-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I think the Thor meet and greet will be staying. I was just there on Monday and there's a new set of construction walls blocking off a portion of the floor past the gaming area and before you get to what I call the "Marvel Corner" where the Iron Man Tech and Treasures of Asgard exhibits are.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. You're right in that there's no room as it's currently configured, but if they're taking out some of the gaming area, that would make sense if they wanted more than one meet and greet. I do hope they figure out how to work the queues, though, as the one for Thor was very cramped and awkward to get to and difficult to figure out where the end of the line was. And if they do some sort of exhibit for Captain America, that it's separate from the meet and greet. That was one of my complaints about the Thor stuff, that you couldn't just look at the props and such on their own.

And more convenient for those who are interested in seeing Marvel characters, as it gives them a sort of Fantasy Faire-like one-stop-shop for everything.

And it's not like Innoventions is all that interesting otherwise on its own.

So, when does Robert Downey, Jr. show up for his meet and greet? ;)

candles71
01-10-2014, 01:12 PM
So, when does Robert Downey, Jr. show up for his meet and greet? ;) I am on your emergency text notification list, right. I probably would have to pick Pammer up on the way through Sac, but you can hold that many places in line, right. ;)

Pammer
01-10-2014, 01:51 PM
I am on your emergency text notification list, right. I probably would have to pick Pammer up on the way through Sac, but you can hold that many places in line, right. ;) Just tell me where to meet you, and I'm there too! :D

Scary Kitty
01-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the info. You're right in that there's no room as it's currently configured, but if they're taking out some of the gaming area, that would make sense if they wanted more than one meet and greet. I do hope they figure out how to work the queues, though, as the one for Thor was very cramped and awkward to get to and difficult to figure out where the end of the line was. And if they do some sort of exhibit for Captain America, that it's separate from the meet and greet. That was one of my complaints about the Thor stuff, that you couldn't just look at the props and such on their own.

That's what concerns me as well; when I was there on Monday, the Thor queue was so long that they had a traffic break in it to let people through to reach the Iron Man exhibit and the stairs/elevator, with the rest of the queue bunched up near the back side of the stair/elevator column. The only thing I can think of that they might do to conserve space would be to set up the Captain America exhibit in such a way that the meet and greet queue switchbacks through it. But that runs into the issue you suggested about keeping the exhibit separate from the meet and greet so that guests don't have to do both if they don't want to. It'll be interesting to see how they solve that problem.

And it's not like Innoventions is all that interesting otherwise on its own.

So, when does Robert Downey, Jr. show up for his meet and greet? ;)

LOL! :~D

cstephens
01-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Note to candles, Pammer and Scary Kitty - in case you don't normally read the amused thread in the lounge, you might wanna go have a look see. :)

Shortpix77
01-13-2014, 10:07 AM
When I was there yesterday, I was able to walk through the Treasures of Asgard exhibit without waiting in the meet-and-greet line. Are others saying you can't do that? I'm confused on that point. You can't see the throne room where Thor actually is unless you wait in the line, but the movie props and weapons exhibit walk-through had no wait.

I saw an audition call for Captain America on the Disney Jobs Twitter feed, so I'm wondering when that will start! The CM in Innoventions had no info on a Cap start date, but did say that Thor was at least on the schedule until the end of January and would likely be there longer than that (for whatever that's worth).

cstephens
01-13-2014, 10:12 AM
When I was there yesterday, I was able to walk through the Treasures of Asgard exhibit without waiting in the meet-and-greet line. Are others saying you can't do that? I'm confused on that point. You can't see the throne room where Thor actually is unless you wait in the line, but the movie props and weapons exhibit walk-through had no wait.

I'd have to see it to know if they've changed it again. They did change the Thor meet and greet from the first time I tried to go to the time I actually managed to see him. When I went, part of the exhibit, mostly the weapons of Thor's companions and some of the villains, was in the line that you stand in to meet Thor. You're then let into a room which has additional props, like Loki's helmet and weapon and a few other things (to me, that was where the really cool stuff was). That's where you're "transported to Asgard through the bi-frost", and then you end up in the throne room and Thor's meet and greet.

I saw an audition call for Captain America on the Disney Jobs Twitter feed, so I'm wondering when that will start!

Per the link I posted above, the Captain America meet and greet starts in early April, presumably to coincide with the release of the new film.