PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2014 SoCal ticket offer: save on 2- and 3-day Disneyland Resort tickets

AVP
01-06-2014, 09:41 AM
The Disneyland Resort has announced the Spring 2014 "SoCal Salute," the residents-only discounted ticket offer. I've listed all of the details below. Something that jumps out at me is that there appears to be no "fuse" on this ticket. It looks like you can use the first admission whenever you want, and use the remaining admissions anytime on or before June 6. During more recent promotions, the tickets had a 13-day fuse so you had to use all of the admissions within 2 weeks of activating the ticket.

If there really is no fuse on this ticket, expect very heavy crowds the final week / weekend these tickets are valid, as everyone tries to get in their last admission days. We saw this with a similar offer shortly after DCA opened, and it wasn't pretty.

The So Cal Resident Ticket Is Back
Extend the fun, in Disneyland Resort's 2 theme parks, for days—and save!

Offer Details

Multi-Day 1-Park Per Day Tickets for So Cal Residents

$129: 2-Day So Cal Resident 1-Park Per Day Ticket
$159: 3-Day So Cal Resident 1-Park Per Day Ticket with one Magic Morning (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/magic-morning-early-admission/) early admission to Disneyland Park

Park Hopper Tickets for So Cal Residents

Park Hopper Tickets grant admission to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks on the same day.

$164: 2-Day So Cal Resident Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Ticket
$194: 3-Day So Cal Resident Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Ticket with one Magic Morning (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/magic-morning-early-admission/) early admission to Disneyland Park

Purchase Dates

Offer available January 6 through May 30, 2014

Dates Valid

Offer valid through June 6, 2014
Blockout days March 31 to April 20, 2014 apply

Buy a 2- or 3-day theme park ticket for So Cal residents now, explore the Parks one day and have until June 6, 2014 to return for your second or third visit.
Or, buy a So Cal Resident Ticket and then book a room (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/buy/) at one of the 3 Hotels of the Disneyland Resort and enjoy a multi-day Disney getaway!

Have an Annual Passport? Check out the current Hotel rates & availability for Passholders (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/login/?appRedirect=/passes/hotel-rates/).

2-Day So Cal Resident Ticket

2-Day, 1-Park Per Day ticket is valid for admission for two (2) days to either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure park, but not to both parks on the same day.
2-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper ticket is valid for admission for two (2) days to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure park on the same day.

3-Day So Cal Resident Ticket

3-Day, 1-Park Per Day ticket is valid for admission for three (3) days to either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure park, but not to both parks on the same day.
3-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper ticket is valid for admission for three (3) days to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure park on the same day.

Magic Morning Early Admission

Magic Morning currently allows early admission to select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations in Disneyland Park for one full hour before the parks open to the general public on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.
To enhance the Magic Morning experience, it is strongly recommended that Guests arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening.
Valid theme park tickets must be purchased in advance of Resort arrival.
For admission, each eligible Guest (ages 3 and older) must have a valid 3-Day So Cal Resident ticket.
Applicable days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants and appearances of Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.

Additional Information

Valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of residency is required for purchase and admission.
Each day of use constitutes one full day of use.
Tickets not valid before January 6, 2014.
Tickets expire June 6, 2014.
May purchase up to 5 tickets per person per day with valid ID.
Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.
Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions.
Subject to capacity, restrictions and change without notice.

Malcon10t
01-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Deleted as AVP just posted same thing - Great Minds and all...

katiesue
01-06-2014, 10:01 AM
I'll be watching to see if there is a fuse or not. My daughter has a pass but her boyfriend doesn't. If there's no fuse it may be a better deal for them than just doing a one day ticket to go on her birthday.

Seashellmama
01-06-2014, 11:23 AM
That wording is pretty clear:
"Buy a 2- or 3-day theme park ticket for So Cal residents now, explore the Parks one day and have until June 6, 2014 to return for your second or third visit."

Wendebird
01-06-2014, 07:19 PM
"Buy a 2- or 3-day theme park ticket for So Cal residents now, explore the Parks one day and have until June 6, 2014 to return for your second or third visit.
Or, buy a So Cal Resident Ticket and then book a room at one of the 3 Hotels of the Disneyland Resort and enjoy a multi-day Disney getaway!"

Does this mean it can only be used on consecutive days if you stay at a DLR hotel? I'd like to stay at an offsite hotel instead of driving back & forth & use 3 consecutive days. Wonder if that's allowed.

currence
01-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Yep, from the longer version of the press release: "The sooner a purchase is made, the more time guests will have to return for a second or third visit. "- See more at: http://disneylandnews.com/2014/01/06/disneyland-resort-offers-two-or-three-days-of-fun-at-special-prices-for-southern-california-residents/#sthash.MAhF7prv.dpuf

Note to self, don't plan on going to Disney parks from Memorial Weekend through June 6.

CMHusband
01-06-2014, 08:19 PM
no fuse. good till June.

snoopyfink
01-07-2014, 07:44 AM
"Buy a 2- or 3-day theme park ticket for So Cal residents now, explore the Parks one day and have until June 6, 2014 to return for your second or third visit.
Or, buy a So Cal Resident Ticket and then book a room at one of the 3 Hotels of the Disneyland Resort and enjoy a multi-day Disney getaway!"

Does this mean it can only be used on consecutive days if you stay at a DLR hotel? I'd like to stay at an offsite hotel instead of driving back & forth & use 3 consecutive days. Wonder if that's allowed.

No, this does not mean it can only be used on consecutive days if you stay at a DLR hotel. This is just Disney's PR and marketing machine suggesting you stay at a DLR hotel. From the longer press release, it also mentions availability of a discount at the DLR hotels for select dates within the ticket period.

Granola
01-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Question: If I buy one of these tickets can I apply the cost toward an Annual Pass?

RocketRob
01-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Question: If I buy one of these tickets can I apply the cost toward an Annual Pass?

Yes, the face value of the ticket may be applied toward the purchase of an annual pass. If you are a So Cal resident, you can spread that remaining amount owed over 12 monthly payments.

Also, the expiration date of your annual pass will be a year from the first date of visit using this ticket.

currence
01-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Usually the answer is yes BUT, the annual pass is valid from one year from the date of first use. So if you went tomorrow for day one and then waited until June 1 for day 2 and conversion to an annual pass, the AP would still have an expiration date of one year from tomorrow.

As always, you have to upgrade to a more expensive annual pass than the cost of the ticket. I don't know how much the So Cal Select passes cost these days, but I'm assuming that restriction probably won't be an issue.

CariBelle
01-07-2014, 09:08 AM
SoCal AP is currently $359 and SoCal Select is $279.

josephfive
01-07-2014, 01:27 PM
So just to clarify, there are no blackout dates/times with these types of tickets?

LacyBelle
01-07-2014, 02:07 PM
So just to clarify, there are no blackout dates/times with these types of tickets?

From Adrienne's original posting, it looks like it is blocked during Spring Break...

Dates Valid

- Offer valid through June 6, 2014
- Blockout days March 31 to April 20, 2014 apply

josephfive
01-07-2014, 02:57 PM
From Adrienne's original posting, it looks like it is blocked during Spring Break...

Dates Valid

- Offer valid through June 6, 2014
- Blockout days March 31 to April 20, 2014 apply

Slapping hand to forehead . . . I read it and then it didn't stay in my brain. Thank you for answering!!

Granola
01-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Yes, the face value of the ticket may be applied toward the purchase of an annual pass. If you are a So Cal resident, you can spread that remaining amount owed over 12 monthly payments.

Also, the expiration date of your annual pass will be a year from the first date of visit using this ticket.

Excellent. This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!

LacyBelle
01-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Slapping hand to forehead . . . I read it and then it didn't stay in my brain. Thank you for answering!!

You're welcome. :)
There was an awful lot of information in that posting to digest.

candles71
01-08-2014, 10:13 AM

Well the entire ticket is only good for So-cal residents. But to correct, ALL of California can do a payment plan now. It changed in 2012, I believe.

RocketRob
01-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Well the entire ticket is only good for So-cal residents. But to correct, ALL of California can do a payment plan now. It changed in 2012, I believe.

Ah, you are correct! ALL California residents are eligible to make monthly payments on annual passes.
However, this ticket special and SoCal/SoCal Select annual passes are for residents living in zip codes 90000 to 93599.

Blacksheep Uncle
01-09-2014, 08:26 AM
I've had an AP since the mid 90's and I haven't dealt with the SoCal discounts before, so forgive me if this is an obvious question. Can I as a SoCal resident buy tickets for me and a couple friends that aren't SoCal residents?

houseofmouse
01-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Yes. I believe first use you have to be with them when they enter the park. (If that CM feels like checking)

Teeeena
01-31-2014, 11:53 AM
Interesting, these tickets aren't blocked out during Memorial weekend, just spring break. I wonder if that means the holiday weekend will be extra crowded.

lilcis
04-29-2014, 11:20 AM
Has anyone successfully used these tickets with out of town visitors? My SIL is visiting next week with a friend and we want to spend a couple days with them at Disneyland. We let our passes expire in 2013, so this will be our first time back in over a year.

MidwayManiac
04-29-2014, 03:16 PM
From both conversations on the DL help line and from personal experience, there is no ID check to verify residency beyond the point of sale (and in most cases there's not even one at the point of sale).

As one of the DL employees once told me when I called in: "We want and expect that Cal residents are going to buy these tix for family and friends from out of town."

lilcis
04-30-2014, 12:12 PM
From both conversations on the DL help line and from personal experience, there is no ID check to verify residency beyond the point of sale (and in most cases there's not even one at the point of sale).

As one of the DL employees once told me when I called in: "We want and expect that Cal residents are going to buy these tix for family and friends from out of town."

Thanks!