PDA

View Full Version : Best place to meet characters!

Monstro
01-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Just thought I'd share in case anyone did not know this.
In the very back of what is normally Big Thunder Ranch (during the holdiays it was the Jingle Jangle Jamboree) not where they are serving and eating the food, but further back to the left is another stage area. This area has been a favorite of ours to see characters. This last week they had Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, 4 of the Country Bears, as well as Santa and Mrs. Clause just wandering around. I've also seen Chip and Dale, and some toy story characters back there on occasion. There are usually not very many people back there so the characters spend a lot of time with the kids. My daughter sat down and was doing one of the crafts they had for the kids and Goofy came and sat next to her and they colored together for about 10 minutes. A few minutes later Minnie came and colored too. It's very low key and not at all what you see in the front of the park with huge lines to see the characters. I thought this was funny; when Mickey and Pluto were out together they got a bit bored so Pluto went and sat down on the ground next to Mickey and Mickey scratched his head and patted him like any owner would do with a dog. So if you have extra time and want to interact with the characters a bit more head on back that way!

AnotherJenny
01-06-2014, 07:55 AM
Today is the last day for the Jingle Jangle Jamboree this year. For anyone who wants to check it out, since there aren't regularly characters back there.

Monstro
01-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Today is the last day for the Jingle Jangle Jamboree this year. For anyone who wants to check it out, since there aren't regularly characters back there.

It probably depends what they do with that area next. If they bring back the Woody's Roundup stuff I would expect characters to still be there. They were there before. Mickey had a pretty cool western outfit. Chip and Dale were regularly back there as well as Woody and Jesse. It's been very slow back there with Thunder Mountain down.

HeavenOnEarth
01-06-2014, 02:21 PM
In the bathroom...LOL

BlkPearlCptn
01-06-2014, 03:39 PM
In the bathroom...LOL

Well, might be a bit of truth to that. The previous time we were at DL (the trip prior to my accident) we ran into Belle in the Space Mountain bathroom. She was in her gold ballgown. She came out of the handicapped stall, went and washed her hands (Yay higiene) and we watched her head out the door. She was in full costume, makeup, and hair done)_ At first we wondered if it was a guest that managed to change into the Belle outfit in the bathroom, but no. We saw her about 20 min later at the meet and greet. There was no doubt that it was the same person we saw in the bathroom. Weirdest thing I have ever witnessed from a character at DL.

TTFN92
01-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Well, might be a bit of truth to that. The previous time we were at DL (the trip prior to my accident) we ran into Belle in the Space Mountain bathroom. She was in her gold ballgown. She came out of the handicapped stall, went and washed her hands (Yay higiene) and we watched her head out the door. She was in full costume, makeup, and hair done)_ At first we wondered if it was a guest that managed to change into the Belle outfit in the bathroom, but no. We saw her about 20 min later at the meet and greet. There was no doubt that it was the same person we saw in the bathroom. Weirdest thing I have ever witnessed from a character at DL.
That just seems wrong. Shouldn't they have to use a bathroom backstage?

BlkPearlCptn
01-06-2014, 05:20 PM
That just seems wrong. Shouldn't they have to use a bathroom backstage?

I have had friends that were "friends" with characters. Using the public bathrooms was definitely against the rules. That's what was so bizarre about this experience and why we at first thought she was a guest trying to pull a fast one. Also why we were so shocked to meet her in the meet and greet. She also didn't have a handler anywhere around her when we saw her in the bathroom. It was just so strange.

cstephens
01-06-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm finding it incredibly hard to believe that Cinderella just waltzed into a public bathroom.

bennette
01-06-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm finding it incredibly hard to believe that Cinderella just waltzed into a public bathroom.

It was Belle. Cinderella is way too much of a rule follower for that kind of thing. :)

But, yeah, seems very out of character for a CM. Princesses don't go to the bathroom.

cstephens
01-06-2014, 07:34 PM
It was Belle. Cinderella is way too much of a rule follower for that kind of thing. :)

Oh, BELLE! Well, that's different then. Belle would totally just go to a regular bathroom. She grew up as a peasant, so it would be no big thing.

Cinderella might appear to be a rule follower, but she sure does seem to have a thing for Mace Windu, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was involved in something not quite on the up and up.

bennette
01-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Oh, BELLE! Well, that's different then. Belle would totally just go to a regular bathroom. She grew up as a peasant, so it would be no big thing.

The whole town thinks she's odd, after all.