PDA

View Full Version : Pooh Will Not Replace Country Bears!

Pages : [1] 2

pullmyfinger.com
09-06-2001, 02:51 PM
Stay with me on this one folks. You will soon see that a new Winnie the Pooh ride at Disneyland is an inaccurate report. Simply cut/paste this post, then, when everyone here realizes that Pooh is not a realty, you can perosnally set up a shrine here on these message boards to thank me.

I have my sources and, like Mousplanet, I cannot give you a specific source as to "protect" them (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!). Stand buy for a surprise announcement that all will learn about the fate of the bears...and it all has to do with the Country Bear feature film being released, as I have previously reported.

thamnarestan
09-06-2001, 03:17 PM
Buzz off, idiot. We've had enough of your lies.

DisneylandBoy
09-06-2001, 03:56 PM
Hey - if you're gonna come on here and post lies, don't post at all. I don't know where you got your information but, um . . . DUH! IT'S WRONG! Geez!:mad:

Ralph Wiggum
09-06-2001, 04:03 PM
Hey you two...slow down there... he posted a statement and none of us can officially say he is lying because disney has not announced anything yet. Personally I think he is probably wrong but time will tell and we shall know his true credibility!

pullmyfinger.com
09-06-2001, 04:06 PM
It is sad to see that instead of someone participating in a constructibe debate, the simpleton had to use a personal assault as their sad, sorry defense.

Simpleton, these message boards are FILLED with observation and opninion. I am simply emphasizing a dramtic point that I have been informed by a relaible source.

Will you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE show me ANYWHERE, ANYBODY of ligitamcy, who has said that POOH will replace Bears?

Of course you can't, because it is simply not fact, merely speculation. Won't you be surprised and eating crow when POOH does not become the offical ride replacement for Bears.

Of course, you have been reported for abuse.

'nuff said.

Morrigoon
09-06-2001, 04:09 PM
Well said Ralph!

While I myself dispute the validity of what pullmyfinger.com says, I think we should allow him the chance to be proven wrong/right. After all, nothing is true until the day it opens, sometimes even later (see Rocket Rods).

I would WISH that what he's hinting at was true, because I'd LOVE to see Disney save a classic "Disney quality" attraction, but I too, shall reserve judgement til when, as and if.

pheneix
09-06-2001, 04:34 PM
>>>Will you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE show me ANYWHERE, ANYBODY of ligitamcy, who has said that POOH will replace Bears?<<<

Paul Pressler all but confirmed it in his interview with LP.

Pheneix

Corith
09-06-2001, 04:40 PM
Considering the short sightness of the Anti-walt team in regards to attractions, and their willingness to remove expensive to maintain, innovative, attractions, leads me to belive that we have indeed see the last of the Bears.

When combined with the Anti-walt's team of pushing Pooh because of the plush tie in, its not hard to belived the Bears replacement will be Pooh. Didn't Disney just do some heavy wheeling and dealing to extend the Pooh license?

It is not hard to imagine the Anti-walt's team remvoing the bears and replacing them with a plywood cutout darkride. Even when considering the recent Great Moments with Lincoln rehad, I doubt that PullmyFinger's information is valid.

Another Disney signature attraction make its way into yesterland.

Lacrosse Boy
09-06-2001, 04:46 PM
I am very skeptical aboutit not. But, Disney is known to change it's mind frequently.

pullmyfinger.com
09-06-2001, 05:45 PM
...I do beleive Bears is closing Sept 9th. And, that the bear show as we know it will be gone (in fact, my source tells me that at least one set of Bears will be used for spare parts for the Orlando show).

But, I strongly beleive that POOH is not going to be the attraction that goes there and that, an updated Bear show will, depending on the COUNTRY BEAR MOVIE's popularity, which, testing-wise, is through the roof now.

I would say that a new Bear Show based on the movie has a much greater chance than a POOH ride at this time. The POOH ride is a curve ball (remember MUPPETS on MAIN STREET? BUZZ LIGHT YEAR in Circlevision 100% approved? Alien Encounter, a VERY mediocre attraction, was rumored for a LONG time to take over the old MISSION TO MARS...now it's PIZZA PLANET!

By the way, the more I think about it, the ruder I feel that that 2nd person was. What a sad, sad person. :crying:

pullmyfinger.com
09-06-2001, 05:46 PM
...that POOH almost replaced Mr. Toad here at Disneyland? A petiton by employees stopped that.

Morrigoon
09-06-2001, 05:50 PM
*ahem* Pizza PORT

DisneylandKid
09-06-2001, 06:56 PM
I know this sounds stupid, but in the most recent issue of Disney Magazine, it has a picture of the upcoming movie. It is not an animated movie, as it appears. The characters listed are: Zeb Zoober, Ted & Fred Bedderhead, and Basil O'Neal...are we talking about the same country bears? I have no idea...just wondering :). This might have some affect on Pooh or another Country Bear thing @ DL.

no1here
09-06-2001, 07:42 PM
What I love about these boards is that where else will you find a group of adults that are so determined to prove Pooh or no Pooh. As well as the other debates. We are truly unique! Unique or partially insane, depending on who you ask. :D

Hades
09-06-2001, 08:35 PM
Ok, guys and gals, settle down. We should always give people the benefit of doubt when it comes to unconfirmed issues. Please allow me to add to the mystery of the CBJ/Pooh debate.:D

As a castmember, we get broadcast of Cast TV at the resort (castmember exclusive info and flashbacks of past events on a video showcase, ala entertainment tonight meets Vault Disney). On a recent edition, they showcased the entire performance of the current edition of the CBJ as the last chance to see it will be Sept. 9. During the begining of the Cast TV show, the host does a interview with Winnie the Pooh and asks him "How does the closing of the CBJ make you feel?", and Pooh mimes 'heavy hearted'. After the CBJ show is shown (in it's entirety) the host mentions that the CBJ is making way for an attraction "to be annouced at a later date":eek:

Well, there you have it! An attraction to be announced at a later date. This is the info that we castmembers are being given. The only people that have the "REAL" information of the *quote* attraction to be announced at a later date *quote* are not announcing it to us as of yet. It seems that the Imagineers and accountants would be a little tight lipped and the Un-Disney trio (Eisner and Co.) are being a little evasive about the answer as usual.

*with serial tv announcers voice* "Tune in next time for.... As The Park Turns! *exit with cheesy soap opera music*:D

Lost Boy
09-06-2001, 08:36 PM
I was there last sunday. I know the cast members who run the Playhouse. Bears is closing September 9th, for good. The announcement is in the map guidebooks that are given out when you go thru the Main Gate. What the castmembers have heard so far:

1: The Bears MAY go to DCA for a show around Grizzly Peak or Challenge Trail area. They would fit nicely in both areas.

2: The Bears MAY go to Disneyland Paris so that when they movie opens there the French people who are in the loop (go to DL Paris) will know who and what they are and be more familer with the concept.

3: Pooh is coming to the Playhouse area. That is why the Pooh characters already have a meet and greet photo area set up (some time ago) in Critter Country.

THE MOVIE: For the one who asked:

The movie takes place in a world not disimilar to ours. The main difference being that Humans and Bears live and work side by side and nobody really pay that much attention to the difference. They walk, talk and dress just like us. Anyway, a human family (who already has a son) adopts a little Bear Cub named Barrie. When Barrie and his "Brother" get in a fight one day, the older boy lets the cat (bear?) out of the bad and tells Barrie that he is adopted and a Bear Cub, not a human. This upsets Barrie and he sets out to find his roots.
In his travels he comes across the Country Bear Playhouse which is sitting unused for some time. The only two left are Henry and Rufus who are trying to keep the Playhouse from being closed to make way for a Parking Lot that the main villain (played by Christopher Walkin) want to build. It turns out that some years ago there was a famous "Country Bear Band" that played not only Country Music but Rock and Roll also. They had a couple of hit albums and made the charts #1 spot many times. They were really famous. Then they started to argue and fight amongst themselves and finally broke up and went their seperate ways. Henry and Rufus are keeping the playhouse up in hopes that the band would one day re-unite. But time is getting short. The basic story is that Henry and Barrie set off (Leaving Rufus to watch over the Playhouse) while they search out the remaining members of the Country Bears (who will bear (sic) little resemblence to our Bears at DL, WDW and Tokyo DL. The names are different, but the concept is the same. The idea? To get the band back together to play a benefit concert to save The Country Bear Playhouse. Kind of ironic isn't it.
I have been told that if the movie is a hit, the show at DL and elswhere could be redone to more resemble the movie bears and the show could be re scripted to contain the music from the film. It would mean the end of the Bears as we know them, but at the same time, renew and update the show. Some famous groups are recording the songs for the movie. It looks good from what little has been seen so far. The Jim Henson Creature Factory is doing the Animatronic Bears for the movie and I hear they are absoulutly fantastic. Very lifelike. I talke to an Extra from the movie and she sat next to one in here scene at the Playhouse. The Bear was a guy in a suit but the head was Animated by controls that he held in his hands which where out of site of the camera. He controlled his facial features. At other times, there was a person in the suit but up to 5 "puppeteers" where out of camera range moving the facial features. One would move the lips another the eyes and eyebrows, another the muscles and so on. She said it was just incredible to watch the team make the Bear come to life.
Lets all hope the movie is a huge success so that all this comes true and we don't lose the Country Bears to that stupid little yellow puff who is really starting to get on my nerves. He is just everywhere you look. You can't get away from him. He has almost even replace Mickey Mouse as the Company Icon. When that day comes, I am gone from Disney for good.

Nigel2
09-06-2001, 09:32 PM
Hey what if it isn't going to be a pooh ride but a pooh show like the lion king show at the MK? Speaking of that why don't we have any shows that are on a constant showing basis and use puppeters at DLR?

AliKzam
09-06-2001, 10:41 PM
I just thought it was a not-so-bright idea to close an attraction when you're about to release a movie inspired by it. Sure, it'll still be at Disney World, but I'm not going to spend $1,000 to see it. They should find a way somehow to preserve it out here. The "Country Bears" movie is the first of it's kind-- ride first, movie second. It's just bad sense to close it, now.

Morrigoon
09-06-2001, 10:48 PM
Oh gawd, let's hope there isn't a show! If its as bad as the Pooh show at DLP, they'll have to pass out little white paper bags to all the audience members before they start!

I just want them to save the CBJ, whether it's through updating the show, or just moving the existing one to DCA, whatever. Just PLEASE not the annoying headphones junk they did to Lincoln. (Parts of which I really like, but having Abe Lincoln whisper sweet nothings in my ear, or hearing heavy breathing when I'm supposed to be listening to lincoln is disturbing to say the least)

pullmyfinger.com
09-06-2001, 10:59 PM
...I like it!

Um, I will say that, if I am not mistaken, that the TOWER OF TERROR movie on ABC several years back was the first ever ride first/movie 2nd movie.

thamnarestan
09-06-2001, 11:10 PM
I've read this guy's (pullmyfinger.com) posts before and they have usually been lies, or at the very least inflammatory rumors. I'm sure this guy has no "inside sources" and he probably takes pleasure in seeing how much commotion he raises (I know, I shouldn't have replied to him them). I think they call these types trolls on USENET. Report me for abuse if you want; I don't really care.

PirateoftheCaribbean
09-07-2001, 05:16 AM
I am going to go with the wave here, and say That with the movie coming out, The Bears should be here to celebrate. I was also thinking, wouldn't it be cool to have a new show for the bears? How about a Hollywood/showtunes show? Henry would wear sunglasses. The new show would also tie in to the movie. Hollywood-Movie? Get it? But, They don't listen to the fans, anymore.

adriennek
09-07-2001, 08:42 AM
Richard: If you're going to report someone for abuse, it's a good idea not to turn around and abuse him/her in the same post that you annouce your report. When I was teaching, I often dealt with "He hit me back first" on the playground. That doesn't work here, either.

thamnarestan: you wrote: "I'm sure this guy has no "inside sources" and he probably takes pleasure in seeing how much commotion he raises (I know, I shouldn't have replied to him them)." Sometimes we think of these things after we hit the reply button. I don't think I need to say anything more on that.

Adrienne K

pullmyfinger.com
09-07-2001, 08:59 AM
Note has she critcizes me but does not criticize the first person to begin the abuse.

Good teacher. Good.

pullmyfinger.com
09-07-2001, 09:13 AM
I will post this as a critical analysis of one of MP's reporters. I am NOT personally attacking her, though I am questioning her authority.

I love the way Adrienne K pretends to be an authority on children when her experience in life is bearing ONE kid and WHO is a teacher (a job that ANYONE can get, that is the closest college degree job to minimum wage there is). How one can take her opninion/feedback seriously is beyond me.

Please Adrienne, stop pretending to be an authority on a topic by saying things like, "when I was a teacher...."...so what! Life experience and observation is all that is required to able to decipher the psychology of a child, not a person who works one level above an $8.00 an hour day care person.

I do beleive an authority on this topic MAY be someone he has obtained a college degree in Child Psychology. Until then, it would be of great assistance to us all for you NOT to strut the fact that you were a TEACHER (Woaaaaaaaaaa) as a reason for being an authority. James Doe MP Poster has just as much knowledge of child "psychology" as you do.