PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Wonderland Attraction [Refurb schedule]

ScottC4746
12-30-2013, 09:58 AM
I am confused. Today's Mouseplanet update shows Alice is closed beginning 6 January while www.disneyland.com does not. Which is it?

candles71
12-30-2013, 10:12 AM
The ones in the MP update came from a press release they were given a couple of months ago.

ScottC4746
12-30-2013, 10:33 AM
The ones in the MP update came from a press release they were given a couple of months ago.

Ah, so sounds like to take MP as a guide and not as The Gospel and rely on DL info on their website...correct?

3Princesses1Prince
12-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Ah, so sounds like to take MP as a guide and not as The Gospel and rely on DL info on their website...correct?

I wouldn't take either as Gospel. DLs website usually isn't totally updated until a couple of weeks out.

candles71
12-30-2013, 11:10 AM
It is supposed to go down through May, which is a pretty serious overhaul. I would bet that whichever project is in front of it (not Thunder because it was already extended when the info was received) is running over.

ScottC4746
01-04-2014, 07:52 AM
It is supposed to go down through May, which is a pretty serious overhaul. I would bet that whichever project is in front of it (not Thunder because it was already extended when the info was received) is running over.

Well considering part of the track goes outside exposed to the elements and leaves falling in the guide groove, I am not surprised.

candles71
01-04-2014, 08:35 AM
I am personally hoping that the extended overhaul has more to do with a permanent and more attractive fix for that outside piece of track than the tarped scaffolding. I know I am not alone in the abhorrence of their "temporary" fix. :)

TTFN92
01-04-2014, 12:06 PM
I'm happy about it because we'll be there 12-16. With having a toddler that's one more ride for him. Plus, it's one of the best dark rides.

AVP
01-07-2014, 09:12 AM
The ones in the MP update came from a press release they were given a couple of months ago.No, we compile our information from several sources, including Disneyland.com, the refurbishment hotline and internal CM publications. Due to the way Disney manages refurbishment dates, the various sources often conflict with one another, but we try to present the most accurate info we can. We often have information before Disney officially announces it, like the Indy and Space Mountain refurbishments which start March 3. However, all refurbishment dates are fluid and subject to change.

The most current closure dates for Alice are February 3 - June 5.

candles71
01-07-2014, 02:34 PM
I knew it was multiple sources, but wasn't sure what else to call them. :)