PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland park restricting admission 12/28

AVP
12-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Disneyland has reached stage 3 capacity today, which means at the moment they are restricting first entry to Disneyland park to Disneyland Resort Hotel guests and Club 33 members only. Guests who have already been inside Disneyland today may re-enter.

Guests just now arriving who already have admission can enter Disney California Adventure now, and enter Disneyland later today (around 4 or 5) when the crowding in that park lessens. This includes annual passholders.

Guests just now arriving who have not yet purchased admission can purchase a special "diversion" ticket offering immediate access to Disney California Adventure park, with access to Disneyland later tonight. This ticket is $92, the same price as a one-day, one-park ticket, so visitors who purchase this ticket basically received a "free" park hopper upgrade to make up for not being able to spend the full day at Disneyland.

Multi-day tickets and APs are still available, but not valid for entry to Disneyland until later tonight. This of course pushes all new arrivals to DCA, making that park very crowded as well.

If there's any good news from the crowding, it means Disney might add additional World of Color and/or Fantasmic performances tonight. Keep an eye on the official Twitter accounts for updates if they add shows. They did add an "encore" World of Color performance last night at 11pm due to the crowds.

houseofmouse
12-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Yesterday too. And the 23rd was miserable according to a few people I knew in the park. Christmas was awful, my mom said they were threatening a close. Did it hit capacity on Xmas too?

FolsomFan
12-28-2013, 05:41 PM
We were there the 22nd-25th. Christmas was the only really bad day. We hit the parks early and then went back to the Grand for several hours before returning at night.

We were in CA at 7AM and got on RSR in 20 minutes.

Malcon10t
12-29-2013, 12:15 AM
We've been here since Dec 18th. It has been slowly building. I really didn't think the 21-25th were very bad. There were no threats of turnstile closures. The 26th it got hectic. The 27th was the first day it hit phase 3. It hit again today. Tonight, they had 3 shows of both World of Color and Fantasmic!.

houseofmouse
12-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Well I won't tell my mom that they didn't threatened a close or close the park off on Christmas. She won't believe me anyway. She thought it was the worst ever. lol! They got passes for Christmas, so they can go back. :)