PDA

View Full Version : River Belle Terrace

ScottC4746
12-26-2013, 11:01 AM
I looked at the current menus at Allears and noticed they have either added some enticing entrees at Riverbelle or I forgot about them, I thought Riverbelle was all sandwiches. Has anyone tried the entrees before and what did you think of them?

TTFN92
12-31-2013, 09:16 AM
I didn't realize they had anything besides sandwiches and salads. Will have to look at the menu. We used to eat there all the time but not anymore.

disneyobsessed
12-31-2013, 11:21 AM
The menu changed fairly recently. We haven't tried it yet, so I can't give feedback on that but there were indeed additional entrees added. Before it was just sandwiches and salads. Sandwiches also still appear on the menu; I don't know if they are exactly the same though since I never tried the sandwiches before either. What I'm disappointed about is that I didn't see salads on the menu board when I was last there or on any of the online menus, so I'm thinking they may have removed those. I'm not a big salad person, but I found the salads at River Belle to be a nice size and an excellent combination of flavors that suited my personal tastes.

AVP
12-31-2013, 12:35 PM
We have the updated menu here on MousePlanet (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide/585/Disneyland-Resort/Disneyland-Park/Frontierland/River-Belle-Terrace):

Breakfast Menu as of December 2013 Breakfast Meals

Mark Twain – Scrambled eggs, country style potatoes, and choice of bacon or sausage and a biscuit. $8.49
Steamboat – Three fluffy pancakes, scrambled eggs, choice of bacon or sausage. $8.49
Mickey Mouse Pancakes – Our original Mickey Mouse shaped pancake... for the child in all of us. $7.99
Cinnamon Roll French Toast – Drizzled with cream cheese frosting, served with scrambled egge and choice of bacon or sausage. $8.99
Country-style Biscuits n' Gravy – Buttermilk biscuits with creamy country sausage gravy. $7.99
"Build Your Own" Yogurt Parfait – Plain yogurt served in a cup. Toppings bar offers raisins, granola, trail mix, blueberry compote, cinnamon apples and strawberry sauce to create your parfait. $7.49
Seasonal Fruit – Refreshing assortment of fresh fruit...everything but the Huckleberry. $5.99
Kids River Raft Fruit Plate* – Served with lowfat yogurt, oat bran muffin and choice of small lowfat milk or small bottled water. $5.49

Sides

Cinnamon Roll – $5.29

* Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines meals without substitutions.
Menu as of December 2013 Lunch/Dinner Menu Sandwiches & Salad
Served on a fresh baked roll with our signature savory salad

Tennessee Turkey Breast with herb aioli – $11.49
River Belle's Roast Beef with horseradish aioli – $11.99
The Messy Mississippi BBQ Pork served with coleslaw – $11.49
Aunt Polly's Harvest Medley Salad – $11.29

Entrees
Served with roasted potatoes, Southern seasonal vegetables and a buttermilk biscuit

Home-Style Turkey Dinner – with turkey gravy. $12.49
Huck's Slow-Roasted Beef –with horseradish gravy. $12.99
Fresh Catch of the Day – with lemon drizzle. $12.99
Becky Thatcher's Black Bean Cakes – with pineapple relish, cucumber and red pepper coulis. $11.49

Kid's Meals Served with sliced apples, carrots, celery and choice of lowfat milk or small bottled water. Minute Maid juice box or chocolate milk available as a substitute.

Little Carver's Turkey Sandwich*– $6.99
Little Carver's Roast Beef Sandwich– $6.99
Kid's Pasta* – $6.99
Smucker's Unscrustable Sandwich*– $6.99

* Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines meals without substitutions.
Drinks [All meal services]

Soft drinks – Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Barq's Root Beer, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Minute Maid Light Lemonade, Powerade, Gold Peak Iced Tea. $3.19/$3.49
Simply Orange Juice - $4.29
Low-fat Milk - $1.79
Chocolate or Strawberry Nesquik - $2.79
Hot Cocoa - $2.79
Hot Tea - $2.79
Coffee - $2.79
Travel Mug with choice of hot beverage - $6.29

disneyobsessed
01-01-2014, 07:33 AM
We did have breakfast in November and try the cinnamon roll french toast. My boys were very eager to try it, but I only tried it because it was new. I expected to find it too sweet. I was surprised that I liked it as well as I did, and I think I would continue to choose it over the Steamboat which is my usual choice.

Janis and Aaron
01-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Sandwiches also still appear on the menu; I don't know if they are exactly the same though since I never tried the sandwiches before either.

We used to love the turkey sandwiches, and get them practically every time. They have changed quite a bit, one piece at a time (bread, then size, then sides, then a lot of options from the top-it-yourself bar). Now it is about half the size, is slathered with herb aioli (NOT a fan), and toppings like tomatoes and lettuce are put on the plate, no longer available at the toppings bar. You used to get a small container of beans and your choice of side (pasta salad, coleslaw, and a few others). Now, you just get pasta salad slopped on the plate. The four of us who used to get this sandwich every time are now sadly on the lookout for a new favorite.

TTFN92
01-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Since reading the new entrees I still don't think we'll try it.

carolinakid
01-03-2014, 08:37 AM
We had breakfast there one morning last October and it was fairly good. We had the Mark Twain and the Biscuits 'n' Gravy. The lunch or dinner items really don't appeal to me....DL has too much else to offer, but if I were there for lunch, I'd try the BBQ Pork sandwich.

josephfive
01-03-2014, 08:38 AM
That restaurant doesn't call to us like others. We've had breakfast there and enjoyed it on a day that was not terribly busy.

LacyBelle
01-03-2014, 09:56 AM
We used to love the turkey sandwiches, and get them practically every time. They have changed quite a bit, one piece at a time (bread, then size, then sides, then a lot of options from the top-it-yourself bar). Now it is about half the size, is slathered with herb aioli (NOT a fan), and toppings like tomatoes and lettuce are put on the plate, no longer available at the toppings bar. You used to get a small container of beans and your choice of side (pasta salad, coleslaw, and a few others). Now, you just get pasta salad slopped on the plate. The four of us who used to get this sandwich every time are now sadly on the lookout for a new favorite.

Disappointed to hear about the changes to the turkey sandwiches. It's been a couple of years since we've stopped in for that sandwich, since we used to take it into the Horseshoe with us and enjoy during the show. Since the Billy's moved to the Festival area, we hadn't been able to do that the past few trips.

Between the Billy's leaving and the changes to the turkey sandwich, guess the River Belle is off the list. Although I may be interested in stopping in to look at the entrees. Imagine they'll be similar to Flo's.

cstephens
01-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Between the Billy's leaving and the changes to the turkey sandwich, guess the River Belle is off the list.

Wait, I'm confused. What do the Billys have to do with the River Belle?

snoopyfink
01-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Wait, I'm confused. What do the Billys have to do with the River Belle?

Seems like LacyBelle had a tradition of getting a sandwich at the River Belle and taking it into the Golden Horseshoe to enjoy while watching the Billies.

cstephens
01-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Seems like LacyBelle had a tradition of getting a sandwich at the River Belle and taking it into the Golden Horseshoe to enjoy while watching the Billies.

Oh, oops, I guess it would have helped if I'd carefully read her entire message, huh? Thanks for pointing that out!

candles71
01-05-2014, 03:29 PM
We love Riverbelle for breakfast. The only one of the sandwiches I'd tried, DH had brought me one while waiting for F! But I wasn't impressed.

bombardon3
01-08-2014, 06:10 PM
They offered open faced hot sandwiches during a few special events last year (the AP Fantasmic show comes to mind). Those were great and came in a hearty portion size. Wish they could have joined the permanent menu.

Gone2Disneyland
01-09-2014, 11:36 AM
I lost interest in eating at the RBT for lunch or dinner after they switched to the sandwich fare. But a few months ago I walked it and was surprised they carved their turkey and roast beef at the servicing line to make their sandwiches. I decided to try the roast beef sandwich then and found I liked it a lot. I enjoyed the pasta salad as well and discovered this is a fine alternative for me if I'm in the mood again for a good, light meal.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3668/10337035683_68f7b821af_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone2disneyland/10337035683/)
River Belle Terrace, October 14, 2013 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone2disneyland/10337035683/) by Gone2Disneyland (http://www.flickr.com/people/gone2disneyland/), on Flickr

Blacksheep Uncle
01-09-2014, 05:28 PM
The bread looks more intersting than the buns they used to use. Do they still have the lentil salad?

I have tried the new breakfast and we liked it, the biscuit in the biscuit and gravy was a bit odd shaped (a pie wedge), but was pretty good.

Janis and Aaron
01-09-2014, 08:11 PM
The bread looks more intersting than the buns they used to use. Do they still have the lentil salad?

I have tried the new breakfast and we liked it, the biscuit in the biscuit and gravy was a bit odd shaped (a pie wedge), but was pretty good.

No more options on the sides. Pasta salad only.

carolinakid
01-10-2014, 08:45 AM
I wish I had those pepperoncini right now!

lifeisgood
01-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Ah, I miss the lentil salad.
We had lunch there in December. DS had the roast beef entree, and it was good. DH had the turkey entree, and it was VERY good (and enough to share)! Nice thick slices of moist, delicious turkey breast. Surprised me how good it was. I had the black bean cakes, and I couldn't even eat them, they were so bad...just kind of a bland pile of mush. I felt like I was eating refried beans, but with less flavor! I loved the sides though (good thing).
The condiment bar still has a lot of good stuff (yummy cranberry sauce, sauteed mushrooms, zucchini something salad (not sure what it's called), pickled vegetables, etc. (Wish they would add the lentil salad to the condiment bar!)
We didn't try the catch of the day. I'm guessing that changes?
I'll eat there again.