PDA

View Full Version : Seeking enlightenment and MousePad 101

Nephythys
09-18-2003, 09:06 AM
I am new here- but not new to discussion boards- but I find I am lost on the lingo, so I am seeking a tutor in Mousepad-

CM- cast member...check
AP-???
DL- Disneyland, obviously
DCA- Disney's California Adventure....ok
WDW- Walt Disney World- duh
ToT- Tower of Terror...got it
FFF- I assume this is Flik's Fun Fair?
TDS- Tokyo DisneySea?
TDL- Tokyo Disneyland?

There are others I saw but do not recall right now- can someone run down a lexicon for me?

Also- I have been following the BTMRR (or BTM- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad..check again) incident and have noted several references to another incident on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin- can someone please tell me what happened there?

I live in CO- and though I devour Disney I am bereft of information that seems more readily available to CA residents-(who have my sympathies BTW-LOL)

There was also a derailment on Space Mountain? I would like to know more about that story as well please-

I was at DL for 9 days this last July- and my three year old daughter LOVED BTM above all other rides- and I sat in the front car numerous times and I get this eerie feeling when I think about it- but I am not afraid to go back to DL and in fact have 3-4 trips planned next year and also one in 2005- I won't let what happened dampen my love of the place- but I do like being informed-

And lastly- if you have anything else to share with me about this board- please do- I am so looking forward to posting with you all-

Thanks!:D

Bill Catherall
09-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Read the FAQ (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=40) (Frequently Asked Questions)

Nephythys
09-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Ah- thank you- that will answer some questions- but the info about the ride incidents still needs info-

Disneyphile
09-18-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Nephythys
Ah- thank you- that will answer some questions- but the info about the ride incidents still needs info-
Go to the bottom and sort the threads by topic, and over the last year. That should help. :) Lots of good info in previous threads. :)

adriennek
09-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Nephythys
Also- I have been following the BTMRR (or BTM- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad..check again) incident and have noted several references to another incident on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin- can someone please tell me what happened there?

A child fell out of the ride vehicle and got caught underneath it. This happened in September of 2000. He did not die but I believe he's in a persistent vegetative state now. I last heard he was in a special care facility.

My personal opinion is that his parents did not do enough to watch him on the ride, allowed him to sit near the open edge of the ride instead of blocking it, and that he and his brother were goofing off on the ride, etc.

I searched "Roger Rabbit Accident" on the MousePlanet google search and found this article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/roger.htm) by David Koenig.

Hope that helps,
Adrienne

Pat-n-Eil
09-18-2003, 10:48 AM
AP = Annual Pass :D