PDA

View Full Version : Barrage returning for Christmas season (possibly)

zapppop
09-17-2003, 03:04 PM
I sent an email to their official website asking if they'll be returning to Disneyland soon. I got a response today from Anthony Moore ( whoever he is ). This is what he said:

" Thanks for the note.

We are talking to Disney now about the possibility of some Barrage
dates in
California later this year.

We hope to return and will be posting any confirmation on the web at
www.barrage.org when we get any.

Thanks

Barrage "

If things go well, it looks like they'll be back for the Christmas season. Currently, the group is touring southeast Asia, but will be crossing the USA starting mid October, reaching Dallas Texas November 22nd.

So, that's your Barrage update!

:)

Not Afraid
09-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Awww, I just saw a picture the other day of "my guy" (taken with The POP and ME). I miss their cute little smiles and wonderful performance. Bring 'em back!!!!!

Rallymonkey23
09-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the info.

Euro or Canadian cast? IMO, the Canadian cast is mucho better. ;)

PapiBear
09-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Currently, the group is touring southeast Asia, but will be crossing the USA starting mid October, reaching Dallas Texas November 22nd.

God, what a date to be in Dallas. :rolleyes:

zapppop
09-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Thanks for the info.

Canadian.

Ya know, .. the good cast ;) :p :~D

Andrew
09-17-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23

The euro cast is to the Canadian cast as Beatlemania is to the Beatles.

stan4d_steph
09-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Actually, the last time I looked at the website, it appeared that the current cast is a blend of Canadian and Euro.

Besides, the Euro cast is much better looking. The Canadians = YIKES!

Not Afraid
09-17-2003, 06:09 PM
I loved the Euro cast! They were cute, fun, entertaining, and musically accomplished. I don't know why you liked the Canadian cast better. The Canadians didn't captivate me the way the Euro cast did - and the new, blended group was not as exciting either.
:crying:

zapppop
09-17-2003, 06:14 PM
...wait, last year, that was the Euro cast ?

Okay, I goofed. I prefer Euro.

Matterhorn Fan
09-17-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph
Actually, the last time I looked at the website, it appeared that the current cast is a blend of Canadian and Euro. I saw them when they were on tour sometime last year, and it was certainly a blend of the Canadian and Euro casts.

Rallymonkey23
09-17-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
I don't know why you liked the Canadian cast better.

Well, maybe I'm mistaken. The cast that did 'The Power Of Blast' thing is the cast I'm thinking about. Which group was that? :confused:

Sheila
09-17-2003, 10:26 PM
:sigh:

No, no, no. You're all wrong! ;) It's the moral principle of the thing. The Canadian cast were the kids who helped develop and create the whole concept. The Euro cast was added a couple years later to cash in on the phenomenon.

However, I think the Euro kids are also extremely talented (and awfully cute). :)

This dilemma is morally exhausting. :D

Sheila

DLFan
09-18-2003, 04:20 PM
It is my understanding that Barrage originated in Canada, but now has performers from other countries performing with the group as well.

Sheila
09-18-2003, 04:56 PM
At one point, there were indeed two troupes touring: the Canadian cast and the Euro cast. Sounds like they've recently merged the two groups, no?

Sheila

TubaToo
11-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Yes, the two casts have merged and there's just one blended Barrage cast now. The music, talent and energy is all the same though. You can see the current cast listing on their official website, Barrage.org (http://www.barrage.org/people/players.html).

It's getting closer to the holiday season now. Has anyone heard any more news if Barrage will be coming back in December? We'd LOVE to see them again on the Club Buzz stage. It would be rocking.

MrTomMorrow
11-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Yeah, the Euro and Canadian casts merged almost a year ago, so the cast now is a mix from the two casts.

I hope they come perform at Disneyland again! Without Barrage, I don't have a huge reason to go back this holiday season, like I did last year.

I wonder what kind of show they'd play at Disneyland... I understand their current show is more of a stage production than just a band playing songs, but I could be wrong.