PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Song played in either DL or DCA

mcampisi
09-06-2001, 06:09 AM
Maybe this has been posted before but I was just sitting here listening to the Soarin Over California ride music and wanted to find out what everyone's favorite attraction/park music is. Actually my top 3:

1. Soarin Over California ride
2. Critter Country (Who wants to live)
3. Main Street (I could love a million girls)

It's hard to pick but those 3 have special memories for me.

DisneylandBoy
09-06-2001, 04:06 PM
Mine have to be:
1. The Music from Splash Moutain (How Do You Do and Laughing Place)
2. The Parade of the Stars Music
3. Any Music Played In Sleeping Beauty Castle
and finally:
4. The Main Street Track

violetdaisies
09-06-2001, 04:25 PM
Oooh! I LOVE all of the mainstreet songs. Especially that "Beulah" song. I think that's the name of it. The soundtrack song to that movie w/ Haley Mills. Shoot...the name?

AND I LOVE Critter Country's Splash Mountain Theme. Shoot...I wish my audio on my computer worked.

**Monica

Tink
09-06-2001, 04:31 PM
#1) When You Wish Upon a Star inside Sleeping Beauty's castle.

#2) Laughin' Place from Splash Mountain - this one will stay in my head all day long.

Morrigoon
09-06-2001, 06:00 PM
daisies:
Movie: Summer Magic
Song: Beautiful Beulah

Personally, I think my favorite is "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" from Hello Dolly, but "We've Got Elegance" runs a close second.

Ooh, here's an interesting question - Hello Dolly is from 1962 (or was it 68? not sure). So what was the Main St. loop before then?

PS: I *love* Summer Magic, it's so hilariously dated but TRUE!

merlinjones
09-06-2001, 11:41 PM
When You Wish Upon a Star
Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Hawaiian War Chant
Miracles from Molecules
Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
Golden Afternoon
Swisskapolka
You Can Fly
Grim Grinning Ghosts
Yo Ho
Summer Magic
Beautiful Beulah
Flitterin'
Monorail Song
20,000 Leagues overture
Once Upon a Dream
Casey Jr.
I'm Wishing
Unbirthday Song
March of the Cards
March of the Toys
Alice in Wonderland
Twas Brillig
Baroque Hoedown

PirateoftheCaribbean
09-07-2001, 05:06 AM
As for area music, Critter Country. It just makes me feel good.
Ride Theme: Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho (A Pirate's life for me)
I really miss the polka music from Swiss Family Treehouse. Truly a classic Disney memory.

mcampisi
09-07-2001, 05:26 AM
Yeah I really like the Swiss Family Tree music. I'm glad that have that nod to it playing on the phonograph on the bottom of Tarzan's Treehouse

amynicole22
09-07-2001, 10:29 AM
I love Grim Grinning Ghosts - my absolute favorite. Yo Ho a Pirate's Life for me is second, with the Teacup music third. Love that Disney music!

beanpole
09-08-2001, 12:23 AM
How Do You Do - both the instrumental version that plays as your log cruises around the outside of Splash Mountain and the vocal version inside.

Grim Grinning Ghosts - both the organ version in the entry hall and the vocal version in the graveyard scene. Dig the contra bass part!

"You Can Fly" from Peter Pan / "Nowhere in Particular" from Mr. Toad. Love that warm, vintage-sounding choir and lush orchestration.

Music played in the Matterhorn. Great yodeling!

The instrumental tracks from Pirates, especially the dissonant brass stabs in the jewel treasure room and the moody flute solo that plays as your boat climbs the exit ramp. It's pure Disney.

Andrew
09-08-2001, 12:31 AM
"Blazing Saddles" is played in the Frontierland area music loop. My favorite little subversive touch.

MickeyD
09-08-2001, 12:32 AM
My favorite song is the song from the end of Golden Dreams. I'm also fond of the Main Street music and the music from Soarin'.

DisneylandKid
09-08-2001, 11:58 AM
I LOVE the Soarin' Over California soundtrack!

Uncle Dick
02-28-2002, 09:37 AM
1. Goldfinger (in WWTBAMPI queue)
2. Star Trek: Voyager (in Hollywood Pictures Backlot)
3. Bolero (performed by BLAST!)

innerSpaceman
02-28-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Ooh, here's an interesting question - Hello Dolly is from 1962 (or was it 68? not sure). So what was the Main St. loop before then?
Before Hello Dolly got its voice on Main Street in California when Disneyland Paris opened (as opposed to when Hello Dolly was written) they actually used authentic turn of the century American music on Main Street U.S.A. Imagine that! And they also used even older authentic American music in Frontierland before they switched to movie music. I have always found this to be an insult to Americans. If Europeans need movie music to suggest historic American periods, that's fine. But Americans are Americans and don't need the fake stuff.

Ok, my fave Disneyland music is:

Original Disneyland songs:
Grim Grinning Ghosts, Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me, and (sadly not heard at the Park anymore) Miracles from Molecules

Adapted from Disney films:
Casey Jr. on the Circus Train, How Do You Do and Stay Away from the Laughing Place on Splash Mountain, A Very Merry UnBirthday on the Teacups.

Best Recorded Entertainment Music:
Baroque Hoedown from Main Street Electrical Parade, and the music from (all editions of) Fantasy in the Sky

Best Area Music:
Critter Country

Worst Area Music:
Main Street USA and Frontierland, for the reasons stated above.

KD Didd
02-28-2002, 11:40 AM
1) Part of Your World in the Disney Gallery

2) Little Toot in ToonTown

3) anything being played on Steel Drums above the Jungle Cruise

hbquikcomjamesl
02-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Actually, there's quite a bit of authentic turn of the [20th] century music still in the Main Street loop, if I remember right. Including quite a few I only recognize because I'm a Joan Morris fan.

As to my favorite, I rather like it when the Condor Flats loop hits the Right Suff March, and I can't help but notice how much better surf rock sounds when arranged for band organ (Paradise Pier).

But my favorite music in DCA would have to be Blast!, and my favorite music in DL would have to be whatever's being played at the Coke Corner (at least, so long as either Rod [with or without his protege], or Johnny, or a guest to whom Rod or Johnny has yielded the piano, is playing).

mad4mky
02-28-2002, 12:03 PM
The music while waiting in the Peter Pan queu...I love to sing along...as that is one of my girls favorite movies.
And, MSEP music...
And not being a big Splash Mountain person...when I do ride, I love singing Zip-a-dee-do-dah...I always get off that ride with a big smile on my face. The ride and the song just makes me "happy".

oh, and I love walking through the castle and hearing "When you wish upon a Star"...I always tear up.

Now...if you said WDW...I'd have to say the Animal Kingdom theme music. I love it.

Sheila
02-28-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
"Blazing Saddles" is played in the Frontierland area music loop. My favorite little subversive touch.

Not to mention the Aaron Copland music. Everytime Jeff and I pass by and it's playing, we always exclaim "Beef! It's what's for dinner!". :D

Sheila