PDA

View Full Version : Disney dollars?

raspberries
09-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Remember these, do they still have these, can I purchase them at the Disney store and use them at The Park? I have a Disney Credit card, can that be used at the park. I haven't been there for several years, not sure of the payments they accept. Thansk in advance!!

Ghoulish Delight
09-16-2003, 03:57 PM
Disney Dollars are available at the ticket windows, at the Bank, and I believe at the Emporium. And they are accepted everywhere in the park.

And everywhere except ODV accepts all major credit cards (Visa, MC, AmEx, Discover, probably Diners Club, maybe others).

cemeinke
09-16-2003, 04:38 PM
I recently wa told Disney Dollars are accepted throughout the resort so DTD will take them too (Haven't confirmed that yet with personal experience though)

The best thing about Disney Dollars is you can get them instead of visiting at ATM and avoid those bothersome ATM fees. Any unused Disney Dollars can be traded back at the end of the day for real US Currancy.

LibraryGirl
09-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Disney Dollars are also available at the Disney Store.

I was given a gift card for Christmas and redeemed the card for the Disney Dollars. Gift cards don't work at the DLR.

mikala
09-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Hi there,

I have used Disney Dollars at Naples, Bear Workshop, Marceline's, Rainforest, and ESPN Zone.

They can also be purchased at your local Disney Store if you want to stock up prior to your trip.

Have a great time.

Mikala

Khiori
09-16-2003, 08:21 PM
I used one today to pay for parking. lol - we were scrounging like mad to come up with 8 dollars and that disney dollar got us in. :D

Rallymonkey23
09-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Khiori
I used one today to pay for parking. lol - we were scrounging like mad to come up with 8 dollars and that disney dollar got us in. :D

LOL! I think the above needs to be in the "You know your a Disney geek when....." thread. :D

Pirate Girl
09-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
LOL! I think the above needs to be in the "You know your a Disney geek when....." thread. :D

Now I definatly need to read that thread. :fez:

mcampisi
09-19-2003, 05:10 PM
One time when I wanted to save some money I came up with the brilliant idea of convert what I wanted to save into Disney dollars. That was I couldn't just grab it and go off and buy something I wanted. I would have had to go to the Disney Store to convert them. When you need a cheeseburger at 11pm at night, that just won't work!

disneygeek87
09-19-2003, 05:49 PM
Can Disney dollars be used to pay for vacations through Walt Disney Travel Company?

tabacco
09-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Quick note: Diners' Club is NOT accepted anywhere at the resort.

awinner
09-19-2003, 10:11 PM
Disney dollars are a great way to get money rather than going to the ATM. While the ATM will charge you a service charge from Bank One as well as your own bank, use your debit card or credit card and get 20, 40...whatever amount of money you want...It will be a purchase, not a cash advance.

PhilMP
09-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by mcampisi
One time when I wanted to save some money I came up with the brilliant idea of convert what I wanted to save into Disney dollars. That was I couldn't just grab it and go off and buy something I wanted. I would have had to go to the Disney Store to convert them. When you need a cheeseburger at 11pm at night, that just won't work!

Hmmm...well...you could open a savings account at a bank...and not get an ATM card.

Better yet...open a savings account at a small bank where the nearest branch is like...45 minutes away...then automatically deposit some of your paycheck into that account. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to go 45 minutes out of my way...even for money, I'm just that lazy.

But if you can't do either of these, I guess Disney Dollars work fine.