PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Trip and Final Bear Show

DisneylandBoy
09-05-2001, 03:06 PM
My friends and I start school tomorrow (September 6th), so we diecided to take one final summer Disneyland trip. We planned to go on Tuesday, September 4th. I arrived at the park soon after opening (around 10:30). I walked into the gates and under the railroad to see . . . .Christmas Decorations? That's right. Main Street was decorated for Christmas. Weird, I thought. Well, maybe they are getting started a little earlier this year because of The HM makeover. I found my friends and we talked about the decorations for a little bit before beginning to walk down Main Street. When we got to the end of Main Street, we saw the sign explaining the decorations. Turns out, a Disneyland Holiday commercial was going to be shot that day, so that's why it was decorated. Cool I thought. Well, at least they explained it. We passed by Astro Orbitor and were surprised to see a very minor wait. We went on that to start our day. The rest of the day was a very peaceful one. Due to the light crowds, we waited no longer than 15 minutes on every ride. About halfway through the day, we decided to ride on the Mark Twain. When we got on the boat, we asked to ride in the wheel room (or whatever it's calles). The guy said yes and we were taken upstairs. We got to ring the bell, blow the whistle and steer the boat. Afterwards we got certificates saying we drove the S.S. MARK TWAIN! We ate lunch and went on Splash Mountain (with a wait of 10 minutes) and then it was time. Time to see CBJ for the last time. In the lobby, we saw Big Al who hung out with us. Surprisingly, the show was pretty full. A CM came in a opened the doors and it was time for the show to start. I clapped and sang along with Big Al, Trixie, Teddi Barra, and the whole gang and all too soon it was over. As everyone in the audience got up and left, I sat. I didin't want to leave. I remembered all the memories of seeing the bears as a kid, I couldn't believe it was over. My friends had to practically pry me out of my seat. The rest of the day was very fun, but I couldn't help but feel a little sad. I had seen the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown for the last time. Never again would I be able to see Big Al, Trixie, Wendel, and everyone else. Never . . .

Lost Boy
09-05-2001, 08:52 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I read in another post from you that you are a teenager. How nice that someone this young can appreciate something like CBJ that I have been enjoying for 30 years!! I cry with you over the lose of out friends. I saw the show Sunday with about 15 bear fans. We got to stay in the theater for two show. The second show was the hardest as it suddenly hit me that this was it. Maybe some miracle will happen and they will go in across the way. Grizzly peak area would be perfect for them if Disneyland want to get rid of them.