PDA

View Full Version : Taxi fare [from SNA to DLR]

termoo
09-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Does anyone know what the going flat rate is on taxis from SNL to DL? My daughter and I are going in December, and I'm trying to avoid taking a shuttle. (You have to WAIT too long at the airport!!!) Thanks!

sleepyjeff
09-15-2003, 06:07 PM
From the John Wayne to the Disneyland Resort area: $30.00.

I compliment you on your intelignece in choosing Taxi over Shuttle

:)

Rangnar
09-16-2003, 09:16 AM
Sorry, I have very limited exposure with cabs. Is this type of rate posted and agreed upon before the trip, or is it just the typical cost with the meter running? Sounds like a better deal for a family of four, especially on the way back so you don't have to sit at the airport for several hours just to fit into the shuttle's time lines.

Taxi-challenged Tony

justagrrl
09-16-2003, 01:02 PM
I took a cab from the HoJo down Ball to Park - betweet Euclid and Brookhurst and, if memory serves me right, it was nearly $20.

I don't know about $30 unless they give you some sort of deal without the meter running.

PapiBear
09-16-2003, 03:24 PM
See, now if Disney had been really smart and played its political cards right, there'd be a monorail going from John Wayne Airport to the Park already, with plenty of stops along the way.

How much would you be willing to pay for a monorail ride from SNA to DLR before you'd say "skip it, I'll take a cab"?

Me - $15

sleepyjeff
09-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
I took a cab from the HoJo down Ball to Park - betweet Euclid and Brookhurst and, if memory serves me right, it was nearly $20.

I don't know about $30 unless they give you some sort of deal without the meter running.

I ve done this trip between Hotels Bordering the Resort and the John Wayne 8 times in the last 5 years in 3 different cab co.

The lowest I paid was $26.50.

The most I paid was $32.00.

On my most recent trip (last June) I paid $30.80......actually I paid $35.00(ya gotta tip:| ).

All in all I like the Taxi service better than the shuttle( and much better than the airport bus )

North Orange County Yellow Cab is the best:)

Wkr3kt
09-16-2003, 06:55 PM
My family and I have taken the taxi many times. Especially when I figured out that the cost is much cheaper! On the shuttle you pay per person and the cab is 1 total fare of about $30. Our last trip there were 6 of us and we asked for a mini van and we all got in with all of our bags and only paid $32. It is the only was to go!

termoo
09-17-2003, 08:14 AM
Thanks everyone! I think I'll take a taxi--just want to GET THERE as soon as possible!
Oh, and by the way, I meant SNA--not SNL!! (From Saturday Night Live, the fare would probably be a tad higher...) :D