PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire: Oops, he did it again

tod
09-15-2003, 09:27 AM
There was a million point winner at the 12:00 show on Sunday. He was parading around after the show in his leather jacket (and it was way too hot to wear it) and the lovely Mrs. tod suggested I walk over and congratulate him, to "welcome him to the club." It sounded like a good idea.

I walked up, shook his hand, congratulated him, and asked him, "You're number 36?"

He said yes.

I said "I'm number 26."

He smiled and said "I'm also number 17."

So there is now a two-time winner.

--T
who did not hit the Hot Seat this weekend, and neither did Mrs. tod or the little tod.

But tomorrow is another day.

millionairegirl
09-15-2003, 10:15 AM
Is that allowed? I thought once you won the cruise, you can't win it again.

Oooh, I'm itchin to play right now!

BTT
09-15-2003, 11:05 AM
If you win the grand prize at Millionaire, you're not eligible to win the grand prize again until one year later. Oddly enough, you can go back to the hot seat one month later.

Ben T.

tod
09-15-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by BTT
If you win the grand prize at Millionaire, you're not eligible to win the grand prize again until one year later. Oddly enough, you can go back to the hot seat one month later.

I can confirm this, because they told me the same thing when I won the million.

They also told me that if I got up to the million again, feel free to go for it. I can't win the cruise again, but they'd be happy to put on the show for the guests. They told me of a guy who was ineligible for another cruise but got up to the million-point question. He knew the answer, but didn't give it because he knew he couldn't win again. (I think he walked away.) I was told that if I found myself in that position, go ahead and "win" -- we all know it's not real, but it looks good.

I'm okay with this.

--T
:fez:

BTT
09-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Interesting that it happened on September 14th...as memory serves, that was the 2nd anniversary of the attractions official opening (isn't it?).

Ben T.