PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else missing OUR Main Street Electrical Parade?

Pages : [1] 2

nursechrissy32
11-10-2013, 11:06 AM
I sure miss our parade....anyone know when it will be coming back from Disneyworld? And can we only hope to see it back in Disneyland?

candles71
11-10-2013, 11:14 AM
I am more than ready. Even some of our both coast going people are willing to help kidnap it and drive it back to DL. ;)

Dave1313
11-11-2013, 09:23 AM
So, slight side question.

Did there used to be 2 full sets of the parade?

The feature article (link (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?202203-Step-In-Time-‘Main-Street-Electrical-Parade’-Lights-Up-Magic-Kingdom-Park-at-Walt-Di)) seems to indicate dates for presence in FL when I know it was also in CA. (I went to DL as a kid in 82 and 90, and both times saw the parade)

I seem to recall maybe reading a while back that when it was in DCA may have been a return from FL, which could make sense since it was listed as temporarily ending in FL in 2001.

So did they make one set of parade floats from 2? If not, what happened to the second set(assuming my memory is not faulty and it did exist on both coasts simultaneously once)?

The article is right about one thing, it's still a great parade. When I visited WDW the last 2 springs, I made sure to catch it and it was as awesome as ever - it's timeless. I realize that's small consolation to folks who don't get East to WDW, but I can't believe it wouldn't be popular if it returned to DL.

candles71
11-11-2013, 11:10 AM
How much do the ones in Japan match? Could the have recycled them to Japan?

Carabear930
11-11-2013, 10:34 PM
I would LOVE to see it back in Disneyland. I thought I heard rumors about it MAYBE coming back for Disneyland's 60th anniversary. I guess not so much rumors that it might happen, just people hoping that would be a good reason to bring it back.

familymemories
11-12-2013, 08:12 AM
I wish it would come back. My youngest two did not ever get to see it.

Dave1313
11-12-2013, 08:19 AM
How much do the ones in Japan match? Could the have recycled them to Japan?

That's an interesting point. I had not considered the overseas parks, and I am not familiar at all with what parades are held there.

Angie2009
11-12-2013, 11:42 AM
That's an interesting point. I had not considered the overseas parks, and I am not familiar at all with what parades are held there.

I saw the electrical parade at Disneysea earlier this year. I don't know how it compares with the old DL parade since I don't remember that one - but a lot of the floats were newer (Nemo, Toy Story, Monsters Inc).

Some of them were very old school though...7706

newhdplayer
11-12-2013, 01:30 PM
I sure miss our parade....anyone know when it will be coming back from Disneyworld? And can we only hope to see it back in Disneyland?

I miss it as well, however, as a matter of principle, it shouldn't come back since we were told it was "glowing away forever", and I even bought the light-bulbs from the retired floats.

Next thing you know it shows up in FLA.

But, now that I think of it, maybe they'll do the same with Billy Hill and the Billy's (piece them out and sell the parts)?

Pammer
11-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Until they plan a replacement light parade for WDW, I fear we won't be seeing it any time soon here at DL (I've read that they have 'retired' the Spectromagic Parade permanently). I also think the only reason they brought it back to DL several years ago was because DCA needed it. I love that parade though, especially the music, and wouldn't mind it returning to us!

Shortpix77
11-12-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm actually at WDW right now and got to see the parade on Sunday. I teared up as soon as the music started! I wish they'd send it back to DLR, but I've seen nothing to indicate that they will.

In answer to the earlier question about there being two sets of the parade - I believe that's true. I had friends insisting they'd seen the parade years ago in WDW when I knew it had been at DLR, so I looked it up and found that the original WDW set of floats was sent to Paris (if the internet is correct, of course).

spectromen
11-13-2013, 07:24 AM
3 sets of the parade: CA, FL, and Tokyo. When Spectromagic premiered, FL's floats went to Paris.
After CA was done in 1996, FL later borrowed CA's floats for a return engagement for, I believe, about a year, while Spectro got some updates.
When DCA needed a parade back, I forget if it was a combo of CA's original floats and former FL floats-gone-Parisian or a combo of both. I know they pulled the Snow White and Pinocchio units from Paris, both of which had been mothballed by that point.

Most rumors indicate it will never return home, but I suspect a new or half-new Electrical Parade will debut in CA for DL's 60th anniversary.

danyoung
11-18-2013, 01:43 PM
I've read that they have 'retired' the Spectromagic Parade permanently...

It's actually worse than that. From what I've read, the parade floats were left out in the weather, took some major damage, and are now completely unusable. So no, SpectroMagic will not be coming back, ever. Very sad!

nursechrissy32
11-18-2013, 04:16 PM
WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( oh my gosh.....what shall we do???

MadasaHatter
11-18-2013, 05:38 PM
I would love a NEW parade with all new floats but THE SAME song. Love the song. Cannot change the song. Never. Ever. They could mix in Disney songs a bit like the old days.

houseofmouse
11-18-2013, 07:25 PM
I doubt it will ever come back to CA. It is very costly to transport and with the DCA re-do,it does not fit anymore. Dland needs something new!!

JunJunM3
11-18-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm certain I'm in the minority in this, but I prefer the Lion King parade over the MSEP. I'm not saying I don't like the MSEP, I just like the Lion King more. As for it coming back to DLR, if it doesn't happen for the 60th, I think it's never coming back. If a nighttime parade ever returns to DL, I think it will be something new and that poses some potential crowd control nightmares as well considering how Hub and Main St.-centric DL fireworks have become. I can only imagine Hub and Main St. with people saving spots for the parade/leaving after the 1st parade, people waiting for the Fireworks, people making their way out after the 1st F! show and people trying to enter Frontierland for the 2nd F! show, and people coming back to DL after the 1st WoC show at DCA.

DisneyFunFamily4
11-18-2013, 09:22 PM
I miss MSEP. We make it a point to see it every time we go back to WDW. We watched it last week (I was able to FaceTime with my DD10 so she got to see it too) but I would love to see our parade back on the right coast! A girl can dream! Ive had the baroque hoedown as my ring tone for years now. Until then I will watch it every time we make it back to WDW.

danyoung
11-19-2013, 04:09 PM
I would love a NEW parade with all new floats but THE SAME song. Love the song. Cannot change the song. Never. Ever. They could mix in Disney songs a bit like the old days.

Interesting that you say that. They have an entirely new recording of the MSEP song for the Florida parade, and it just isn't the same for me. I much prefer the original!

Dave1313
11-20-2013, 08:01 AM
Interesting that you say that. They have an entirely new recording of the MSEP song for the Florida parade, and it just isn't the same for me. I much prefer the original!

Say it isn't so! :( The music is key! I wonder when it switched over? I am pretty sure I would have noticed in May if it was different then.

houseofmouse
11-20-2013, 08:12 AM
We were there last June 2012 and the music was the same. Now I need to research and find the new music!

danyoung
11-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Whenever they started showing the MSEP in WDW instead of SpectroMagic, that's when the music changed. It's the same song, but it's a different recording that uses different synth effects and slightly different timing. It's just different enough to bother me!

DisneyFunFamily4
11-21-2013, 08:15 PM
The music changed in 2009 when it came back to DCA. I believe they used a updated version of the music from Tokyo Disney.

Cory Gross
11-24-2013, 07:29 AM
I got to see the Electrical Parade in DCA in 2005 and 2006 and I loved it, but it really does NEED to be back on Main Street USA. It looks marvelous wherever it is, but it doesn't FEEL right being anywhere else.

houseofmouse
11-24-2013, 09:22 AM
The music changed in 2009 when it came back to DCA. I believe they used a updated version of the music from Tokyo Disney.

OH good,so I am not losing my mind. I thought the music had changed before it went to WDW because I was not too fond of the new mix. When we saw it in 2012 it was the same "new" music. :)