PDA

View Full Version : Daily Variety article

Thomas
09-05-2001, 01:39 PM
Since the first time I went to the expanded Disneyland Resort, I have often questioned why they call it that. It seems to me, that if they wanted to separate the two parks, they should have kept the name Disneyland out of the name of the resort. I bring this up because I just saw an article in Variety that says the millionaire attraction is in 'Disneyland's California Adventure'.

The name is just implying that DCA is part of Disneyland.

Walt Disney World is not called 'The Magic Kingdom Resort'.

When you enter any park at WDW, the Magic Kingdom is not splattered everywhere like the word Disneyland throughout DCA.

I am fairly new to this board so I am sure this topic has probably been discussed before. It just seems to me they should have left the name Disneyland out of the resort name and came up with something else considering the possibility of a third park in the future. What will it be called, Disneyland's Water Park?

Just my thoughts.

jslivinski
09-11-2001, 11:25 AM
I think it's called Disneyland Resort to diffientate (sp) it from Disneyworld Resort. As far as DCA that was a mistake on the part of the paper, since it's official name is Disney's California Adventure.