PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Walt's bonus?

merlinjones
09-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Do you think that corporate executives should forgo taking home any bonuses in years when guests die at Disneyland due to budget cutbacks?

sleepyjeff
09-14-2003, 01:19 PM
The sad truth is that the less money they spend on maintainence, wages, new innovation, etc. THE BIGGER THEIR BONUS.

merlinjones
09-14-2003, 01:21 PM
So, the higher the body count grows, the more millions they'll take home? Sounds like a poor system to me.

sleepyjeff
09-14-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
So, the higher the body count grows, the more millions they'll take home? Sounds like a poor system to me.

That's why some say the Park is caught in a downward spin.

Disneyphile
09-14-2003, 03:03 PM
I totally agree, and I also don't think those executives need $1.5 million redecorating done to their offices either, like Eisner recently had done.

gliterrboy
09-14-2003, 03:14 PM
$1.5 million??? Are you serious? Where did you get that info? I would be the best Disney CEO. I could save them $1.5 million on my first day!!! Eisner shouldn't be spending much time in his office anyway! He should be out talking to people, making things happen, etc!

Bruce Bergman
09-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Do you think that corporate executives should forgo taking home any bonuses in years when guests die at Disneyland due to budget cutbacks?

WHOA! :eek: Time out! First, let's let the investigators find out exactly what happened and why before we lynch someone over it.

It would not surprise me if they did find a link between reduced maintenance and inspections and the incident, but it is far too early to start planning the sentencing phase when they haven't even done the preliminary hearing or the arraignment, let alone a fair trial.

That said, the officers of any corporation are responsible for the repercussions of any decisions they made. Civilly and criminally. Where it gets sticky is when these people know better than to leave a paper trail that would prove their involvement.

--<< Bruce >>--

merlinjones
09-14-2003, 04:51 PM
>>It would not surprise me if they did find a link between reduced maintenance and inspections and the
incident, but it is far too early to start planning the sentencing phase when they haven't even done the preliminary hearing or the arraignment, let alone a fair trial.<<

So let's just talk about the Sailing Ship Columbia cleat incident. The findings on that case were that poor training and deferred maintenence caused the death of that poor man on the dock (and the mangling of his wife). These are attributable to budget cutbacks. Who all took home bonuses that year for cutting the budget that far? Is this conscionable? Do the hefty legal settlements count against their bonuses? If not, what can deter such an event from happenning again?

If an executive is always responsible for any good thing that happens on his/her watch, why not the bad? Or is this just a privelged class of being?

>>That said, the officers of any corporation are responsible for the repercussions of any decisions they made. Civilly and criminally. Where it gets sticky is when these people know better than to leave a paper trail that would prove their involvement.<<

Ah, but arrogance sometimes leads to sloppiness.

See Firestone, Enron, et al.

Grover2001
09-14-2003, 05:37 PM
I don't think they should get those huge bonuses in any year!

gliterrboy
09-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Grover2001
I don't think they should get those huge bonuses in any year!

THANK YOU!!! When you make millions to begin with, you do NOT need bonuses. The park, and the company as a whole could use it much more than Eisner needs a new {insert ridiculous purchase that 99.9% of us will never touch with a 10 foot pole}! :mad:

dasrock
09-14-2003, 11:23 PM
it's good to be the KING :D

Morrigoon
09-14-2003, 11:52 PM
Actually, Eisner only make a couple hundred thou on paper. But what good is a bonus system if the company can lose money and bonuses are still given?

Disneyphile
09-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by gliterrboy
$1.5 million??? Are you serious? Where did you get that info?
My contact at the studios provided me with that little insight last week. Apparently, the "renovation" was just recently completed. It really makes my stomch turn.