PDA

View Full Version : Airport Transportation

chinamama
09-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Are there any hotels in the area that offer Airport shuttles? Any suggestions?

We just got a GREAT deal on Alaska... $178.00 RT from Portland to John Wayne and we decided to extend our stay by a day at the begining and end, (travel days at the park instead!) so we need hotel rooms for those days soooo thought we would try and find a hotel with a shuttle...... :D

Figured with the cost of gas (my friend says $2.14 in LA) :eek:
its almost a wash cost wise!

YEA only 19 days to go!!!!!

thanks!!!

Chinamama

HBTiggerFan
09-14-2003, 12:37 PM
I can't help you with airport shuttles and hotels, but the cost of gas near Disneyland is around $1.95-$1.99. Not much difference but it is going down.

sleepyjeff
09-14-2003, 01:25 PM
TAXI! Taxi is so convenient from John Wayne. You grab your luggage from the carousel and about 150 feet away is the line of Taxis. They take you directly to your hotel without stopping at everybody elses hotel( like the bus and shuttles).

John Wayne to the DLR area............about $30.00 each way including tip:)

egoblast
09-14-2003, 02:34 PM
www.airportbus.com, cheaper than a taxi yet still convenient.

sleepyjeff
09-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by egoblast
www.airportbus.com, cheaper than a taxi yet still convenient.

Yes, if you are all by yourself, Airport Bus is much cheaper. But if you are traveling in a group of 3 - 4 persons.....Taxi is cheaper and still more convenient. :)

chinamama
09-14-2003, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the info, I think a cab is a really great idea... There are 3 of us and it looks like the airport bus is real close to the same price as a cab.... But much more convient! :cool:

But, I still really would like to find a hotel with a shuttle, I would rather use that extra 30.00 a trip towards a hotel room...

Chinamama

YEA only 19 days to go!!!!!

AussieDisneyFan
09-14-2003, 06:49 PM
How much is a taxi from LAX?

sleepyjeff
09-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by AussieDisneyFan
How much is a taxi from LAX?

More than a rental car:eek:

Pam
09-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Hey, I live in Vancouver. How did you get that cheap airfare. Alaska is telling me it's 230.00. Kewl for you, sux for me! :crying:

chinamama
09-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Hey, I live in Vancouver. How did you get that cheap airfare. Alaska is telling me it's 230.00. Kewl for you, sux for me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to http://www.travelocity.com and filled out the fare watcher with different combos.... Medford to Burbank, Portland to LAX ect and then checked it LOTS. when the fare dropped I checked it and then went to Alaska's website and save another $5-10.00 there. You can even do a 24 hour hold and pick your seats on their website...

I would even plug in Seattle and Eugene into your farewatcher. We are going to have to drive 4 hours to get to PDX, but Grammy and Grampa can take us to the airport that way and save ANOTHER $70.00+ with not parking the car!

Good luck!

Chinamama :D

mrscoach
09-15-2003, 07:22 AM
Chinamama, I do the exact same thing! I live in Eugene, and I have Travelocity's fare watcher as well. In fact, the rates were at an all-time low from Portland to LAX this weekend, at $129 round trip.
But I constantly check travelocity, and alaskaair.com as well, as I greatly prefer them over any other airline.
Basically, I'm perpetually planning a trip to Disneyland. Some of the best deals I've gotten were last-minute deals, where I left like, 2 days later!

The Photographer
09-18-2003, 07:40 AM
After far too much research, I think it's safe to say that there aren't any Anaheim hotels that offer complimentary shuttle service. You'd have to stay in Santa Ana or maybe Costa Mesa for that.

Some hotels have free shuttle to DL, most are on the Anaheim Resort Transportation plan. It's something like $6.00 per adult per day. That'll take you between your hotel and the parks every 20 minutes or so.

DL parking is $8.00 per car.

Isn't crunching numbers fun? ;)

tracilicious
09-18-2003, 08:46 AM
sorry to intrude on this thread with my own question, but i figured it was too similar to start my own thread. we are flying into lax and need transportation to the resort. we have a baby, but won't be traveling with his car seat. do taxi's have them, or will we need an airport shuttle for that? my main concern is what is cheapest?

Darkbeer
09-18-2003, 10:10 AM
The cheapest way from LAX is the Airport Bus...

http://www.airportbus.com/apb7_004.htm

Or if there are 4 or 5 of you, you could look into renting a car.

And the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) is just $3 a day, not $6. And kids (9 and under) are free.

http://www.atnetwork.org/art_general_sys_info_fares.html