PDA

View Full Version : Pardon me... What's happening this spring?

BrerFox
09-13-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm going down to the resort sometime in spring. I was wondering if someone could give me some info (or a site) that can tell whats going on at that time.
Oh, and one more thing. I'm going during "magic music days". AP holders be warned!! DO NOT GO DURING THEN!! Lest you be up to your eyes in teenagers. Or go if you like music.
Will TOT be open then?
Thanks

Cadaverous Pallor
09-13-2003, 06:57 PM
I think the best advice here is "nothing is certain". Refurbishment schedules change constantly. And who knew that we'd lose BTMRR for about a year? :( Anything you hear more than 3 months in advance is unreliable, not because you aren't hearing the right rumors, but mainly because Disney changes its mind a lot.

Keep checking Mouseplanet.com for updates - they should have some rather reliable info a month or two prior.

I like music and teenagers! :D

disneyfreak168
09-13-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor

I like music and teenagers! :D

I'm being liked! oh how sweet :D:p

sorry i'm off topic :p

i'm also curious when ToT will open, I heard from somewhere it was going to open in Spring'04 but I'm not sure...i'm gonna go research

ok here we go...some PROOF:
"Disney's California Adventure also is building Tower of Terror, on scheduled for a Spring 2004 opening." from this site (http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?ID=1294)
and
"I know I can’t wait for the opening of the Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror in Spring 2004!" from this site (http://www.dcacentral.com/dca/california_adventure/hollywood_backlot/tower_of_terror.asp)

for more PROOF, go to google (http://www.google.com) , and type in "tower of terror disneyland 2004 spring". ;)

but i dunno when in spring, so yeah...

Ghoulish Delight
09-13-2003, 09:06 PM
You can also just go to Disneyland.com and put in the dates of your visit. It will tell you what is, currently, scheduled to be running (shows, music, parades) and what is, currently, scheduled to be closed. (subject to change without notice, of course).

disneyfreak168
09-13-2003, 09:15 PM
uuumm...i don't think it'll work, I typed in a random date in the spring of 04 and i got this:

"Park hours are currently unavailable. Please check back later."

"Sorry, schedule information is currently unavailable. Please check back later"

Ghoulish Delight
09-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Hrmm, not keeping it updated as far into the future as they once did. I suppose that's wise.

Well, then that should tell us that it's a bit early to plan for anything. A good idea would be to keep an eye on that site. At the very least, when it does start having info for March, you'll know they are at least closer to having decissions made.

DisneyFan25863
09-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Hrmm, not keeping it updated as far into the future as they once did. I suppose that's wise.

Yeah, you never know when another round of budget cuts is going to slash park hours again :rolleyes:

newhdplayer
09-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by BrerFox
I'm going down to the resort sometime in spring. I was wondering if someone could give me some info (or a site) that can tell whats going on at that time.
Oh, and one more thing. I'm going during "magic music days". AP holders be warned!! DO NOT GO DURING THEN!! Lest you be up to your eyes in teenagers. Or go if you like music.
Will TOT be open then?
Thanks

The way things are going now, all the attractions will be closed due to a lack of maintenance. The only thing open will be the various shops, which by this time, will employ the "self-check-out" process (cutting down on those salaries, you know), and buffeteria style restaurans with no table service.

And, finally, all guests attending will be given a "glad-bag" to carry out their own refuse at the end of the day.