PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Chef Oscar featured in an AP story

biolabetty
10-27-2013, 10:52 PM
I was so pleased to see his smiling face looking at me from an AP article. http://news.yahoo.com/not-happy-wait-until-youre-50-older-124315992.html

codewoman
10-28-2013, 07:39 AM
My husband started to tell me about the story and was floored when I named him. I met him on a trip a few years ago, thanks to my fellow MPers. I now have even more major Disney street cred with the hubs.

Oh, and Oscar is a doll!

3Princesses1Prince
10-28-2013, 08:01 AM
My husband started to tell me about the story and was floored when I named him. I met him on a trip a few years ago, thanks to my fellow MPers. I now have even more major Disney street cred with the hubs.

Oh, and Oscar is a doll!
He is! We met him in 2009. I'm hoping to see him this December when we go.

olegc
10-28-2013, 08:35 AM
I got to speak with him briefly when Jolly Holiday opened and he was greeting people in the queue. We chatted for a couple of minutes about his career and what keeps him going. Overall its serving the guests, seeing their smiling faces, and the people at the park. Such a great man -and a true Disney "legend".

BlkPearlCptn
10-28-2013, 09:46 AM
I've been fortunate to talk with him a number of times over the years. Such an incredibly sweet man.

tlovesdis
10-28-2013, 01:57 PM
We met him for the first time this past Thursday! He was a sweetheart and stood at our table and told us how long he had worked there and that he knew Walt!!! He even posed for pictures with us! He was such a nice man!!!

biolabetty
10-28-2013, 09:09 PM
I've always enjoyed my interactions with him. One time he tried to convince me to try something different on the menu at Carnation for once, but I stuck with my favorite potato cheese soup (which, by the way, they need to return to bowl size rather than just cup.)

PinkFloyd
10-29-2013, 07:13 PM
I was so pleased to see his smiling face looking at me from an AP article. http://news.yahoo.com/not-happy-wait-until-youre-50-older-124315992.html

He stopped by our table the other day and I mentioned to him that I've seen him almost every visit since i could recall. I asked him how long he has worked there and he told me "only 7 years". So I guess he is a sweet man and a joker :) He was only off by 50 years!