PDA

View Full Version : DLR trip report - September 11, 2003

cstephens
09-12-2003, 12:22 PM
I've posted a trip report with pictures of my day at the DLR on September 11, 2003, which includes a review of Catal's Uva Bar breakfast, and information about a new tenant in Downtown Disney, Christmas in September, kitty houses and kitties in Critter Country and flag retreat. If you're interested, it's posted here (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlr091103tr.html). Thanks.

TwinGemII
09-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Can you tell me where Catal's Uva Bar is? What time do they open?

cstephens
09-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by TwinGemII
Can you tell me where Catal's Uva Bar is? What time do they open?

The Uva Bar is in Downtown Disney, about across from Wetzel's Pretzels. They open for breakfast at 8am.

KarenW2
09-12-2003, 09:47 PM
Hi Cindy,
Thanks for sharing your info and great pictures! We're still trying to get to Catal for dinner sometime soon.

Pam
09-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Thank you so much for the report!

Mary Jo
09-13-2003, 12:46 PM
Great report - thank you for the pics. :)

I'm working on going this afternoon or tomorrow .... hopefully.

[Mod. note: vBcode fixed in post. -- Andrew]

mrscoach
09-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Oooooh - that french toast looked really good. Now everything I eat, I keep thinking, "I wish it was that Uva Bar French Toast."
I love the Uva Bar! Drank Jaegermeister and Hefeweizen there in January, and paid way too much for it, but it was SO worth it.

CarlieB
09-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the report & photos:) The French Toast looks delicious.
Breakfast at the Uva Bar is definitely on the cards for us next trip:)

CarlieB
09-14-2003, 01:51 PM
I meant to ask, will you be posting a review of your dinner at Napa Rose from the same trip? Btw, the photos of the cats are gorgeous:)

cstephens
09-14-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by CarlieB
I meant to ask, will you be posting a review of your dinner at Napa Rose from the same trip?

No, I wasn't planning on doing a review of that dinner. With there already being so many reviews of Catal and Napa Rose on the site, I only figure to add new ones every once in a while. And, since I'd already done a review of breakfast and was doing a trip report of the day, I didn't feel like doing another review. :)

Shortish version: we had a lovely meal. The server we normally like wasn't there that night, so we had someone else, but she was good as well. My husband had the Vintner's Table that night, but one of the dishes on the menu (squab) didn't appeal to me, so I just ordered off the regular menu, which I haven't done since our first visit, I think. I had the endive salad, which was quite good, but also fairly filling because there was quite a bit of beef in it. I also had the tenderloin, which was also quite good, but between the two, I think I had my allotment of red meat for a couple of weeks. They've officially changed over to their Autumn 2003 menu, but there were only 3 or 4 substantial changes from their Summer menu. They'll actually be having a revised Autumn menu in a little while, when the summer items are no longer available. And the dessert menu has changed since our last visit, but I didn't see anything on the menu that really jumped out at me, so I had the homemade trio of ice creams again - chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. I'm not normally partial to strawberry ice cream, but if all strawberry ice cream tasted like theirs, I would be. You can really taste the strawberry, and it comes with little strawberry bits. Yum.

The service was, as usual, impeccable.

And I should have the menus updated in the next few days.

Thanks for asking!

CarlieB
09-15-2003, 01:10 PM
Thanks for that - as usual, it sounds lovely. I am really hoping to have dinner there in November, as it definitely seems like one of the best restaurants in the area:)