PDA

View Full Version : What are Good Viewing Spots for Electrical Parade?

disneylandia
09-12-2003, 12:19 PM
I haven't been to DCA many times, last time was well over a year ago. I haven't seen the Electrical Parade there at all. My nephew and I were given tickets and are going Saturday. Suggestions on viewing areas?

Sonya in Boise
09-12-2003, 12:33 PM
We have seen it a few times and there are some good seats near the icecream place across from Sunshine Plaze. They have table and chairs outside and if you get there early enough these are nice.

We have also watched from the bench that is kinda in front of that Dinosaur across from the Golden Zypher. Those were great. We watched once from the ground in front of the Golden Zypher and it wasn't the best. We were kinda on the bend of the curve and it was hard to see until the float was directly in front. From the bench you could see what was coming up.

We also sat on the ground near the sunshine Plaza area and it was nice to see across the way. But I think the best seats were the bench in front of the Dinosaur (near Golden Zypher).

hbquikcomjamesl
09-12-2003, 01:15 PM
My favorite Parade viewing spot is Sunshine Plaza, right in front of the wave fountain, on the Hollywood Backlot side, facing the parade gate.

Cadaverous Pallor
09-13-2003, 03:20 PM
It depends on what you're looking for. DCA has many different ways to enjoy the parade.

If you want up close and personal, grab a curbside seat early, like Sonya said. If you get to the route when the parade is already beginning, you will be standing behind other people, which inhibits your view and is no fun.

If you don't want to reserve a curb spot and wouldn't mind a larger view, however, I'd recommend the bridge to the wharf eating area. There are very few people there and you get a great view of the entire floats. If you have kids with you I wouldn't recommend it - they would feel too far away. Being very familiar with the parade myself, I like having a new vantage point like this.

sleepyjeff
09-14-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by disneylandia
Suggestions on viewing areas?

On the curb, in front of the Carnation Ice Cream Parlour, 1995;)