PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Electrical Parade Ornaments

Shortpix77
10-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Not sure if I'm the only one who's been looking for these forever, but they're on the Disney Store site now!!

http://www.disneystore.com/main-street-electrical-parade-ear-hat-ornament-set/mp/1342017/1000344/

ORDERED.

cstephens
10-21-2013, 10:04 AM
When I asked at the ornament shop in New Orleans Square about a month ago, they said they'd gotten some in but sold out of them. I've been looking in the China Shop and anywhere else I've seen ornaments but haven't seen them. I know the husband wants them, but I'd really like to be able to see them in person before buying them.

Shortpix77
10-21-2013, 10:08 AM
I'd been checking at China and World of Disney for MONTHS, so I jumped on them on the site. Free shipping over $75, so I figure if they aren't what I'm hoping for then I can just return them to a Disney Store without any monetary penalty. I was just so tired of the run-around. China and World of Disney seemed to know what I was talking about and kept just telling me to check back, but the CM I talked to in the New Orleans ornament shop looked at me like I was crazy and told me that the Electrical Parade is in Florida, so I must be mistaken.... lol.

cstephens
10-21-2013, 10:26 AM
but the CM I talked to in the New Orleans ornament shop looked at me like I was crazy and told me that the Electrical Parade is in Florida, so I must be mistaken.... lol.

That's too funny, especially when you consider that they sell things at Disneyland with Figment and orange bird on it! Did you stare at her or did you say something? I've run into CMs who have only been working at the resort for a short time and don't have any knowledge of history, even when the history is only a few years.

Can you really return something to one of the physical stores that you purchased online? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but sometimes, it seems like some companies have a completely separate presence online and in-store.

Shortpix77
10-21-2013, 11:40 AM
That's too funny, especially when you consider that they sell things at Disneyland with Figment and orange bird on it! Did you stare at her or did you say something? I've run into CMs who have only been working at the resort for a short time and don't have any knowledge of history, even when the history is only a few years.

I told her, yes, I know the parade is now in Florida, but this ornament set is supposed to be sold on both coasts. She pretty much shrugged like she didn't believe me, but I left it at that and said I would check World of Disney. Oh well :-)

Can you really return something to one of the physical stores that you purchased online? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but sometimes, it seems like some companies have a completely separate presence online and in-store.

Yes, you can return things to a physical Disney Store (I've done it in the past when something didn't fit). I think the only exceptions are personalized merchandise, which isn't returnable.

Ohthatjeff
10-21-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm disappointed that they're hat ornaments. I think regular Electric Parade light up ornaments would rock.

TTFN92
10-22-2013, 02:09 PM
So cute!

miste2blue
10-26-2013, 06:28 AM
If anyone bought an extra set and is willing to sell to me close to cost, would you email me and let me know?? I was on a cruise when these released and missed my opportunity. Boo! I've been checking the website for MONTHS....isn't that always my luck?? Thanks everyone. Email me at misty.thompson@hotmail.com...

familymemories
10-26-2013, 07:29 AM
They are really cute. The price of $150.00 is really steep. I could buy a whole cartload of antique Christmas ornaments from the thrift store for the price of those 4 individual ones.

Dave1313
10-26-2013, 11:53 AM
They are really cute. The price of $150.00 is really steep. I could buy a whole cartload of antique Christmas ornaments from the thrift store for the price of those 4 individual ones.

True, but quantity per $ is not always the deciding factor for everyone. If you're talking true antiques, then that's fine, but those type of items probably have a different audience than these.

When you account for the fact that there are 5 of them, at $30 per ornament, they are in line with other current offerings such as Hallmark ornaments that may have similar light up features. These are certainly some of the top iconic floats from the parade represented here, so I think they picked them right.

I thought briefly about these when I saw the original post, but I decided I'm not looking for "new" themes for myself, so I am not heartbroken that I missed out. Since I will not see these in person and have not seen similar offerings, I can't judge the quality, but I suspect it's something above Dollar Store level.

I hope everyone that did get a set enjoys them!

spectromen
10-30-2013, 07:33 AM
OMG. I tried many days in a row to get these at DLR and then promised myself I'd watch the website closely. And yes, I stopped doing so. And now they're sold out. Figures! Oh well.