PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to renew pass until I get to DLH in 11 days or do it now

Goodnplenty
10-21-2013, 04:43 AM
My Deluxe pass will expire on 11/4 but I will be at the resort on 11/1. So my plan was to renew my Deluxe pass at one of the ticket windows. However I did get an email from Disney to renew my pass online and save $20.

And here are two more great reasons to renew...
"Save $40 when you renew your Premium Passport and $20 when you renew your Deluxe Passport**!
Receive 20% off* your next merchandise purchase of $50.00 or more (before taxes) at participating Disneyland� Resort locations with a special coupon."

So that coupon offer looks very nice, but I'm afraid that I won't get my Deluxe pass in time before I leave. Do I get some kind of print out voucher that I take with me to the ticket booth and then get the "hard card" Deluxe pass?

Thanks for any info that you can share!
GnP....getting very excited, my vaca date is coming fast!!:fez:

disneyobsessed
10-21-2013, 07:29 AM
As long as you renew your pass before the expiration date, you should be eligible for the $20 discount and merchandise coupon whether you renew online, by mail, or in person. I have read about some people who say they have renewed at the ticket booths and not gotten the merchandise coupon. Seems though that if you remember to ask for it, there is probably a way to get it.

Last time I renewed my pass the receipt said the pass would be delivered by mail "in 10 days or less". You would probably get your pass in time, but you are cutting it a little close if for some reason Disney and the mail service really use up those full 10 days, so if you don't want to take any chances, you could just renew at the ticket booth.

Goodnplenty
10-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Thank you disneyobsessed for your reply. :) I think I will just wait and renew at the ticket booth. But I'll ask at the booth if I can have a coupon.

GnP

BlkPearlCptn
10-21-2013, 08:32 AM
I've always renewed by mail. A couple of times it has taken most of the 10 days, but normally it is there within five days. Have fun on your upcoming trip!

candles71
10-21-2013, 08:43 AM
If she were closer, I'd tell her to chance it. But, being in Florida, I wouldn't GnP. Take your renewal invoice to the ticket booth with you and tell them you were concerned about getting it back in time. I have heard others who have gotten the discount as well as the coupon. :)

Goodnplenty
10-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Thanks BlkPearlCptn for the info and well wishes. :) I can hardly wait to at DL again!!

And hiya candles, I'm thinking that I should print out that email and take it with me to the ticket booth to help me get a coupon, if that's possible. This year I am spending quite a lot on souvenirs since I lost several of mine in an auto accident this year. That coupon could really help with the Disneyland jacket that I want to replace.

GnP

candles71
10-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Any excuse to shop, right. ;) Glad you are ok after an accident. :) Stuff can always be replaced.