PDA

View Full Version : Hatbox ghost

uncleian77
10-20-2013, 01:45 AM
ok I haven't been to Disneyland in a couple years but I have been seeing rumors about the hatbox ghost coming back to the haunted mansion last year. I want to know is it true have people seen it. I just want to know it is true cause I think hatbox ghost was an awesome idea and I think would be a cool effect.

BlkPearlCptn
10-20-2013, 05:13 AM
So far he isn't back. Apparently according to rumor, Imagineering has him ready to go. But no idea if and when he will be installed

cstephens
10-20-2013, 08:31 AM
ok I haven't been to Disneyland in a couple years but I have been seeing rumors about the hatbox ghost coming back to the haunted mansion last year. I want to know is it true have people seen it. I just want to know it is true cause I think hatbox ghost was an awesome idea and I think would be a cool effect.

I think it's just a rumour at this point. However, they did have an animatronic hatbox ghost to show at the D23 Expo in August. It was pretty cool. They had several movements that it could do, and with the creepy lighting, it was pretty amazing.

AnotherJenny
10-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Just because I was just talking about this earlier today: https://vine.co/v/hh1JhPMwble
You can see he's not holding the hatbox.

olegc
10-20-2013, 05:02 PM
i think that not only have you seen the hatbox ghost (or the modern version without the box) at D23 but also a significant renewed interest in merchandise as well. Shirts, pins, etc. And the Kevin and Jody Really Big Fig. So I guess Disney parks is riding that train as much as possible until (if/when/ever) they might put something back. However, there has been NO indication it would be like the hatbox ghost of old.